bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 13 4:45 AM
Hi again,

I am sorry to see you both are having this trouble.

As above, if you have tried the advice already offered, please do reach out to Tech Support so we can assist you further.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by alikatdb on Aug 29, 13 12:41 PM
I would like to receive a refund, or in the alternative, a way to play another game of equal value. Please contact me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 13 5:07 AM
Hi alikatdb,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so that we can help with this.

We do need you to contact us however once you do so, I am sure the folks in Support will be happy to help you out!

Thanks in advance for giving us a chance to help you.

bfgBaikal

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 30, 13 6:08 AM
I had no trouble until I oiled the rusty knight. Now, the game continually stalls and/or freezes. I have the most up to date video driver, since that was suggested when I very recently had a problem with another game. If it was just once in a while, I'd put up with it, but it freezes every time I make a move.

[Post New]by alikatdb on Aug 30, 13 6:49 AM
bfgBaikal,

I have filled out a contact form for technical support with my problems, but haven't received a response yet.

alikatdb

[Post New]by pulitzerprz on Aug 30, 13 8:45 PM
I have made it to the 2nd floor of the inn and have attempted to completed the HOS on the desk outside the "lady's room". I can find most everything, but the key to the lock (Which, according the guide, should be in the spider web to the right) is gone. There is no feather duster laying on the top of the desk and the web has a hole in it like the key WAS there at some point. So I am unable to unlock the drawer and get the last two remaining items (the gem and the necklace I think) and therefore cannot get the butterfly mold to use as a key to get out of the village.
What happened? What can I do? I tried starting a new profile but the same thing happens when I get back to that point. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. That didn't work. Kind of upset because I already bought and paid for the game...

Thanks for any help you can give!
Sandy

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 13 7:15 AM
Hi everyone!

jennsmom - as you know that your computer is up to date please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

Thank you for doing that alikatdb, our response time is within 72 hours so you should receive a response soon!

pulitzerprz - you could give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step just yet, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can investigate what is going on further and perhaps offer an alternative solution.

Thank you all for working with us and hoping this info is helpful.

bfgBaikal

daubee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by daubee on Aug 31, 13 8:02 AM
i'm having major problems with this game. it's freezing then it completly stops working. on the rare occasion it does load it then goes to pause on it's own then stops working. i have checked my drivers and redownloaded my updates i have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 or 5 times and still nothing .i have done everything possible to make this game run and nothing is working please help as i'm getting very upset with this. thank you

[Post New]by queen7285 on Sep 1, 13 8:58 PM
kanmom3 wrote:wont let me pick up the shoe in kids room 15 minutes into game doesn't give me much faith in getting this game

I am having the same problem!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Sep 2, 13 7:38 AM
I really don't know why Big Fish Games can't take more responsibility for this game not working. I have posted here and received no help, taken the problem to Technical Support who couldn't figure out the problem - and, by the way, never mentioned the problem being due to my PC as previously suggested by BFG - my husband, who is an IT Engineer, couldn't find a solution so I've had to go with a refund.
I was offered £1.54 because I bought the game along with another Collector's Edition as part of an offer, even though I wouldn't have bought either game as a Collector's Edition as they're too expensive.
What an absolute waste of time and money. I am more than disappointed with BFG. I always used to think they were a company you could trust, who always had awesome customer support and genuinely valued their customers. Not any more. Beware people!

[Post New]by Brialla on Sep 2, 13 5:10 PM
I can download this game just fine, but it will not activate. I looked on the "help" pages and couldn't even find the error code which is Error 1402. I have never had a second's trouble with downloading or playing any of your games, so I would sure like to find out how to fix this.

Ok, so 4th or 5th try for delete and redownload plus redownloading the game manager worked like a charm. Got it downloaded and activated.

Edited on 09/02/2013 at 6:07:04 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 4, 13 11:50 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues you're seeing in your games.

daubee, it sounds like there may be some software on your computer that could use an update. This helps games communicate a bit better with the computer and allows them to run a bit more smoothly. Help with locating those updates can be found HERE

queen7285, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure that all of the files have downloaded correctly. It can also be helpful to start the game with a new profile (as long as you haven't progressed too far) to give that a fresh start.

Pookeypookey, I'm so sorry you've had that experience. We certainly want to make this right for you. I would suggest replying to the most recent response from the Rep you were speaking with, and letting them know how you're feeling. I'm hopeful we'll be able to resolve this well for you.

Brialla, I'm so happy to hear that your game is working now! That error sounds like it was connected to the Big Fish Games app, and that was resolved when you uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Thanks for letting us know!

If these suggestions don't work, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specialized assistance.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Sep 5, 13 4:26 AM
I'd like a refund for this game please.
Have tried re-downloading both the game and game manager and it still freezes.
As there is a limit to downloads(and my patience) and this game is nearly 1 Gb I am not going to keep reloading to play it-no game is worth that.

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Sep 5, 13 9:16 AM
I did send a message, three days ago and no one replied! Your customer service just gets worse and worse!

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 6, 13 11:23 AM
I was advised to update some items on my computer which I did. Reinstalled game, same thing happening. Game freezes. I have asked for a refund. I like the game but can't see spending good money to control/alt/delete every time I do anything.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Sep 6, 13 4:14 PM
ogrprincs wrote:I played for about 30 minutes, but had to close the game as the babies were asking to go out. When I came back the game would no longer play. I was really enjoying this game. I guess I need to un and reinstall to see if that helps.
It's just weird that it was playing fine up until that point. I'll come back and let you know if that solved the problem. I really hope it works.(fingers crossed).

I had the same thing happen after I bought the game. Un-installed & then re-installed the game, and even started over with a new profile, and all was fine until I had to shut it down again. Now it will not work. I'm already at the witch's castle!
Have sent Dr. Felix to tech support, but I'm really angry about all this! I do not want to have to un-install & re-install every time I want to play! And, of course, no more live chat with Big Fish. Very, very, VERY disappointed!

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Sep 6, 13 4:17 PM
pearls10 wrote:I'd like a refund for this game please.
Have tried re-downloading both the game and game manager and it still freezes.
As there is a limit to downloads(and my patience) and this game is nearly 1 Gb I am not going to keep reloading to play it-no game is worth that.

Perhaps I shall do the same! But then, what will we get? 2 game coupons which can't be used for another collector's edition???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 13 3:50 AM
Hi folks,

I am sorry to see these issues are persisting.

If you have already tried the suggestions offered for these issues, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support Team, you should receive a reply and some assistance within 72 hours, we are a little backlogged at the moment but we are working hard to address this and the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can provide some more specific advice.

I hope this information is helpful and we really appreciate you taking the time to contact us as the last thing we want to have happen is for you to be left with a game you cannot enjoy!

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

jontesmama
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jontesmama on Sep 7, 13 8:28 PM
I downloaded this game perfectly fine. I played the demo with no issues whatsoever. The minute I purchase the game (redeeming 2 game club credits) there is an issue. Every two seconds, literally, the game freezes and task manager shows its not responding. I saw the link to updating drivers and video cards...I would be more inclined to go this route if I was having issues with the game BEFORE purchasing it. Also, I have quite a few other games and I have NEVER had this issue before. Please help!!!! This is quite aggravating as you should be aware and I was actually looking forward to playing this game.

Downloaded this game for my PC.

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

UPDATE? Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by corkidorki on Sep 7, 13 11:05 PM
This game really needs an up-date or something, I`ve never played one with this simple of graphics and had so much jerky lag and almost freezing up. I have an almost new very top notch gaming computer, and, yes everything is up to date. I don`t usually have any probs with anything, download, play etc.. but, this is almost really annoying. I`m at the last chapter and it seems to be a little more stable, but all the chapters before have been very iffy. Wondered if I needed to re-install.
win 7 64-bit
Figured the more you hear from us, maybe you`ll fix this!
I have several hundred games from this site, so I do know most of the hoops you have to go thru sometimes to make a game work. Everything has been renewed.
Been here for quite a few yrs.

Edited on 09/07/2013 at 11:13:41 PM PST

Go to: