mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Post any Ashley Clark: Secret of the Ruby technical issues here only

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Aug 26, 13 7:05 PM
I too bought 2 games this morning and did not receive my bonus punches. i contacted CS but the way things are going it may be weeks before they get around to answering my report! Just a thought...since they closed CCC with a 24 hr notice ,(and that worked so well) maybe they have decided to stop bonus mondays and they didn't need to warn us.

[Post New]by laydjacquie on Aug 26, 13 7:42 PM
Hello, I know now this is a tech issue, as more than one of the players is experiencing the same thing early in the game. The key to the safe won't open. It allows you to pick up the key take it to the safe but won't allow the safe to be open. I know this is not a computer problem, and has to be a tech issue especially since more than one player is having the same difficulty.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Aug 26, 13 8:44 PM
CathyCatfish wrote:exactly right, valdy! i just checked BF's FB and a mod said to contact CS, but.... it takes a week to get a response sometimes! as was pointed out there, this issue needs to be brought to BFG's attention right now and there's no longer any way to do that without getting a fin-slap!

But I only still needed 2 more punches to fill a card, and since Saturday is the last day of the month, I don't want to lose 5 punches because I didn't receive the extra one.

yup, and if you fill that last punch thinking you won't get your bonus punch... and then you do, finally, that's also a wasted punch. so, you're REALLY stuck with the end of the month looming. i hope you get your bonus punch! *fingers crossed*

the point to all this is:
BFG set a benchmark for CS and now, with the "restructuring" have decided to drop down below their own benchmark. no support for issues like these in the forums and no *immediate* live chat support.
i'm not too happy about that.

at least murrumbidgee seems to realize there's a problem, and for that i am grateful!
can't wait to see if BFG will allow some sort of problem reporting with regards to the SITE rather than with a particular game. should i start holding my breath now?

Facebook is no substitute for Live Chat. I don't use Facebook AT ALL. So I have no way to find out anything without submitting to CS and waiting....

I'm sorry for those who have technical issues which don't seem to be being addressed either. I'm not even bothering to try out the game. I've been a BFG customer for a long time and I'm not happy with the restructuring at all. Customer service seems to be taking a back seat to the major focus of inducing people to buy, buy, buy.

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Aug 26, 13 9:22 PM
Anyone having the problem in the HOS with the sitting skeleton? There is a two step process to pick up an eyeball and put it in the eye socket. Having done that, I am left with a clue which says "claw". The eyeball is still in the scene but since it's already been used once, I cannot put it again. There is no "claw" but I keep getting a message to put the eyeball in the socket when my last clue is the claw.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 13 9:58 PM
Once you have put the eyeball into the socket, the skeleton's jaw should open, and a claw falls out of it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 3:51 AM
Hi folks!

We are unable to address any issues with missing bonus punches via the forums so please do get in touch with our Customer Support Team so we can be sure to help you with any missing punches you may have.

Janie42 - For that memory access error you may need to update your video card drivers and Direct X. Here is a help article with more information:

Access Violation

puzzler46 - it may help to start a new thread for help on this in the forum as I am not too sure many posters in this tech thread will be able to offer game help.

Finally, for anyone with issues with the key, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If not, creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you need more assistance, you can contact Tech Support Team who will be able to offer much more tailored advice that we can provide via the forums.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 2:45:59 AM PST

kindergal
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,283 Posts

[Post New]by kindergal on Aug 27, 13 10:21 AM
I just wondered...has anyone gotten their Monday bonus punches yet?

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Aug 27, 13 11:17 AM
I HAVENED... and the first of SEP is FRI and if i dont get the bonus punches before then I will loose a game coupon as all i need is one punch and BF owes me 2!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Aug 27, 13 12:15 PM
I didn't buy the game yesterday because of the bonus punch issue, and so I will lose my punches for the month. If I had bought the game and gotten the bonus punch as advertised I would be getting a free game. Not a happy camper. At all.

[Post New]by bigfishplayer2 on Aug 27, 13 3:08 PM
puzzler46 wrote:On the puzzle for the portal mix, when I skip it the bowl will not allow me to pick it up and put it on the burner. The hint button says that the bowl should go on the burner. I have not be able to figure out the "right" mixture on any of these types of puzzles so have had to skip them. I appreciate any help you can give. I did start a new profile and have played to that point, but am still not able to get the right mixture so don't know what to do next.

I am also having this problem. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling as someone suggested, but it still doesn't work. Please help!

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Aug 27, 13 3:16 PM
kinget.. all i needed was one punch too...i guess we both lost our free game

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Aug 27, 13 6:06 PM
I am also having problems with the portal mixer puzzle. I also skipped it and it will not let me pick it up, can not do anything else with the game until I can get this puzzle. I roo the day that I bought this game, but lately on BFG that is not a new feeling. So sad as I have been a customer for many years.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 27, 13 7:29 PM
mommabear1945 wrote:I HAVENED... and the first of SEP is FRI and if i dont get the bonus punches before then I will loose a game coupon as all i need is one punch and BF owes me 2!

I haven't gotten my extra punch yet either.

But mommabear... which year do you live in? Because in 2013 the first of September is on Sunday.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Aug 28, 13 3:21 AM
I too didn't get my bonus punches. Since the games I had bought were in the ERS sale I did wonder whether that precluded them from the extra punch. Having searched extensively on the site for some indication, I then contacted CS along, probably, with about another 100 or so members, all with the sames problem; needless to say, I still haven't had a reply.

This does emphasise the fact that we now have nowhere on the site to air these problems with other members; I accept that this is the tecnical thread for a particular game and the bonus punch issue does not necessarily relate to this game, but there is no general games thread available for these issues.

BF has made the decision to close all the chat forums and whilst I am not happy about that, I accept that it is their perogative and we have to live with it or go elsewhere, However, I think that we should have a thread where we can air problems relating to games in general. Had this been the case yesterday, we would all have raised the question re the bous punch there (leaving this thread intact for this game) and would have known that it was a general problem rather than all of us contacting CS individually and swamping them with e-mails, all saying the same thing.

I now know that others who have bought the ERS sale games have received bonus punches, so it it not down to which games were purchased but a general glitch. I just hope that it will be sorted out in time for us to complete our cards by the end of the month.

You are quite right Valdy that 1st is Sunday, but that still precludes another bonus Monday.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 4:11 AM
Hi folks!

For issues with the portal, if you have already uninstalled and reinstalled this game, it sounds like this is something our Tech Support could help you with.

In terms of bonus punches, we know there is an issue with this and we are very sorry about this, I know it is near the end of the month and every punch matters.

Just to let you know that our engineers have been working on back-filling those punches earned and not received. If you have not yet received yours, please get in touch with Customer Support who will be sure to look after you.

Thank you all,

bfgBaikal

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Aug 28, 13 7:15 AM
Valdy wrote:
mommabear1945 wrote:I HAVENED... and the first of SEP is FRI and if i dont get the bonus punches before then I will loose a game coupon as all i need is one punch and BF owes me 2!

I haven't gotten my extra punch yet either.

But mommabear... which year do you live in? Because in 2013 the first of September is on Sunday.

i really am living in 2013 but i get my ck on friday since the first is SUNDAY so i
just count the last day of the month as the first! (makes sense to me )

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Aug 28, 13 4:29 PM
I have the same problem with the last potion, namely:

I put the items in, used the mortar and pestle and put the bowl on the fire. Then I got the message WRONG PROPORTIONS.

I mixed it back up since that emptied the bowl, put it back, got the same message and then decided I was too dumb to figure that puzzle out and hit skip.

My bowl is full, I cannot empty it and it no longer goes on the fire either. I cannot skip, cannot replay the puzzle and can move no further in the game.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing to help. Has the company been notified so they can fix this bug? Technical support isn't going to be able to help with this and no one with this problem can complete the game without this being fixed.

ETA: I rarely have ever had technical problems with BF games, this being the 2nd time and I've been buying games here for years. So obviously something is wrong with this.

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 4:30:35 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 28, 13 9:03 PM
To all who have a problem with the SKIP button going away on the final potion:

Even though your bowl looks full the game thinks it is empty. You only have to put the correct portions of the ingredients into the bowl, use the mortar and put it on the fire. Then you will get the potion and you can leave the scene and continue the game.

This is still a glitch that the developer should fix but this work around will let you continue the game.

The correct portions for the potion are listed in the topic "Stuck making the last potion".

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 29, 13 9:12 PM
Just wanted to say that CS promised that I would get my extra punch by Friday, and I received my punch !!

Thank you CS.

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Aug 29, 13 9:57 PM
Two issues but not game breaker.
While looking for bags of seeds, when I picked up the seed bag in the cave a dialog popped up with the dialog for Otto's sauce. I had already dealt with sauce.

Voice-overs in several parts of the game stopped but the text at top of screen were ok. Too many instances to be more specific.

Game builders should have QC'd the game a little better.

Go to: