bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 3, 13 4:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

I know that the issues reported here are frustrating for each of you that encounters them and I am sorry about that.

I just wanted to let you know that if you have tried the advice already offered, such as updating your driver and the other programs that help run your game and you are still having trouble, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help and also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Re:Post any Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by couchise on Sep 3, 13 11:07 AM
I am having problem with the test tubes. I'm doing them in order but my games freezes after the blue one. Please help.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 3, 13 3:25 PM
Hi couchise,

If the game is freezing in the same spot each time, that may be due to either an issue with a driver or possibly the game's saved data. As a first step, you can try updating all game related programs and drivers using our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that isn't working, our Tech Support Team can offer additional steps to get you back to gaming quickly.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Game freezes at start

[Post New]by faboomama on Sep 5, 13 9:34 AM
Everyone else can't exit. I can't even play the game. Once I click on anything, it just freezes up. I get a sound error alert, even though the game is playing sound with no stuttering.

Just tried to uninstall it from Game Manager and got another error. I had to go into my Control Panel to uninstall. Is there an update to these glitches? I don't want to reinstall if it's just going to be the same.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Sep 5, 13 1:55 PM
Hi faboomama,

If the game isn't opening at all, I recommend going through some of the tips available in our help article here:

If those aren't working, our Tech Support Team can provide more specific help for the issue you're experiencing and can hopefully get you gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Sep 6, 13 11:42 PM
I can exit the game just fine, my problem with freezing comes when I look in the guide and then try to exit. Board freezes and I have to CTRL/ALT/ESC to leave and that exits the game, BUT, when I reenter the game I go back to the same frozen page of the guide. The only way to correct this is to restart my computer and it closes the game. I'm learning to be very self sufficient with NOT using the Guide.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 7, 13 3:32 AM
Hi JoFin,

That sounds frustrating!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

I would also suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game:

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at what is going on with you.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/07/2013 at 3:35:35 AM PST

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Sep 7, 13 1:25 PM
Thanks bfgBaikal, but, I must have had a "duh" moment. When I was in the guide, I had zoomed on a picture and didn't unzoom so I was unable to exit. Once I went back and tried that I was good to go with no problems.

Ultrex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ultrex on Sep 7, 13 10:00 PM
I really like this game have had no problems until now. It seems that several people have had the same problem at gate 3 " CallFunction arrow2_add failed in object arrow2". The arrow does not show up and game freezes.

Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 8, 13 4:37 AM
Oh good JoFin! Glad that sorted itself out and not to worry, I have plenty if 'duh' moments like that too!

Ultrex - Unfortunately, the Forum is not very suited to specific troubleshooting, so I would encourage you contact Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and specify that you are looking for help with Call Function error message.

Once of our Reps will be glad to help you out with specific instructions to tackle this error.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by bigfishsammy on Sep 8, 13 5:06 PM
Valdy wrote:I ran the game as Administrator, but still the game froze when I wanted to exit. Everything work fine, I have no problems playing the game. I just can't exit it.

[Post New]by bigfishsammy on Sep 8, 13 5:10 PM
Valdy..I played the game also but in the end I cant figure out how to save the students.I mean I saved them but the game wont let me go on..4 students standing around and then thats it..Do u know what to do after..Did the game twice and cant do anything at that point...confused...please help

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 10, 13 6:42 AM
Hi bigfishsammy,

As you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team

They will be happy to have a look at what is going on here with you and offer dedicated support.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Sep 10, 13 12:17 PM
Several people + me have the same issue as Bigfishsammy.
I dont know if this is a problem with the game.
Maybe some who finnished it can tell?

ShlbySusie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ShlbySusie on Sep 15, 13 10:26 AM
I also freed the 4 students but cannot finish the game. I checked the Strategy Guide and didn't complete the puzzles in the order given, but that shouldn't make a difference. Since so many of us are stuck in the same boat without a paddle and are unable to finish the game and move onto the Bonus chapter, is there a fix in the works?

[Post New]by pender356 on Sep 15, 13 2:10 PM
belliwinks wrote:Playing on a Mac; got as far as the medical building.

I had found the flower pot and was in the middle of doing the flower pot mini game (placing the pots next to compatible pots; not next to incompatible pots). Shut down the game to take a break. When I came back, the pink flower pot is no longer visible in the mini game; but I can play the mini game with a blank; (two pots have empty spaces in their "rollover" pictures where the pink pot should be).

Can't go back to get the pink pot where it originally came from; that section is now inactive.

Can't progress without completing the mini game....

Not sure what to do without restarting completely?

I'm having the same problem. I un-installed and re-installed and still no pink flower pot! Anyone have a solution?

Edited on 09/15/2013 at 2:12:27 PM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Sep 20, 13 3:46 PM
This is simply amazing,this game came out in August and in one more week we will be in October and still the issuses with this came haven't been fixed And it's always the same its the computer problem not the game.I wanted this game but I still won't buy till fixed and it never took this long to fix a game.After this length of time I don't expect it will be.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 27, 13 12:23 AM
The SE of this game is out today, and I have not seen any updated version of it.

The game played fine for me, but whenever I want to exit the game, the screen froze, and I had to leave via the Task Manager.

Because I wasn't the only one with this problem, I know it's something the devs should have looked into, but did they? I haven't bought the CE, and won't purchase the SE either unless I know the SE has at least been taken care of.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 27, 13 12:38 AM
Valdy wrote:The SE of this game is out today, and I have not seen any updated version of it.

The game played fine for me, but whenever I want to exit the game, the screen froze, and I had to leave via the Task Manager.

Because I wasn't the only one with this problem, I know it's something the devs should have looked into, but did they? I haven't bought the CE, and won't purchase the SE either unless I know the SE has at least been taken care of.

I was all excited when I saw the SE version also, but did a backtrack on my posts and also seen there was no info on any 'fix' for the CE? I would luv to purchase the CE but thought well maybe try out the SE but did not want the same hassel from the prior experience.

If in hindsight to say this puter I have has been 'beyond' updating...(its been done)..that would be listed in a info reply from C/S. No doubts on this department as I have had superior techs work thru problems for years here.

Am sad because this even from the 'demo' was quite an awesome, exciting game!

Lets...

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Oct 3, 13 2:27 PM
I am having the same problem as Belliwinks', ie, game froze at the flower pot game, and I had to go to task manager to exit the freeze. On re-entering the game, one flower pot was gone. I cannot go back to where I received it, and so I am also stuck there. I can start the game over again, but there is no guarantee it will not do the same thing again.

Go to: