Re:Welcome to My Singing Monsters forum

[Post New]by calfman on Dec 16, 13 6:03 PM
I have been playing mysingingmonsters on my PC for about a month. Now I am noticing I don't get a lot of stuff some friends get on their Kindle's and iPads. Like Yule, Sugabush Island, and friends lighting torches for me. So, I went to BBB to find out why.
Their answer is they are the leading "mobile" app creators in Canada.
A PC is not an android and the programming is twice as complicated as androids so we might not ever get the same perks as android users.
My first reaction was to delete a game that somebody made and then apparently abandoned because it became too hard to update it. I figure in a year or so we "poor" PC users can get the same perks as the "rich" android users. My PC costs $1295 by the way and my sister paid $99 for her Kindle. My point, PC users have money too and are probably more apt to spend it on a game to buy virtual merchandise.
If this post makes it past the moderators I will be surprised!

moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
794 Posts

[Post New]by moncilla on Dec 16, 13 11:47 PM
calfman wrote:I have been playing mysingingmonsters on my PC for about a month. Now I am noticing I don't get a lot of stuff some friends get on their Kindle's and iPads. Like Yule, Sugabush Island, and friends lighting torches for me. So, I went to BBB to find out why.
Their answer is they are the leading "mobile" app creators in Canada.
A PC is not an android and the programming is twice as complicated as androids so we might not ever get the same perks as android users.
My first reaction was to delete a game that somebody made and then apparently abandoned because it became too hard to update it. I figure in a year or so we "poor" PC users can get the same perks as the "rich" android users. My PC costs $1295 by the way and my sister paid $99 for her Kindle. My point, PC users have money too and are probably more apt to spend it on a game to buy virtual merchandise.
If this post makes it past the moderators I will be surprised!

Welcome to The Forum Calfman,

The app. version of this game is out for more than a year.... the PC version is not even 4 months old, yet... We do get all the goodies what the app. users get, but a little bit later... like 7-10 days later. The yool and the shuga-land had been released to the phone last Tuesday on Dec.10... We need to remember, that this game was originally configured for the small devices. I can imagine, that all the new adds-on first tested on the phone version - since that is the original platform for the game - then later it is reconfigured to PC platform. So, patience, Calfman, and try to enjoy the game on the large screen.

[Post New]by qualityfrog125 on Dec 19, 13 10:17 PM
What is your recommendation when someone has been playing for months, attained level 21 and bought all the islands only to discover one day the game has reset itself back to level 1? Not to mention the in app purchases this person made? Is there any recourse at all?

moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
794 Posts

[Post New]by moncilla on Dec 20, 13 12:12 AM
qualityfrog125 wrote:What is your recommendation when someone has been playing for months, attained level 21 and bought all the islands only to discover one day the game has reset itself back to level 1? Not to mention the in app purchases this person made? Is there any recourse at all?

Many players have lost their progress, you are not alone. Most of the progress loss happened at level 21, which I find quite curious. If you decide to start it over, there is a thread about how to backup your game, to be able to win back your progress, if this unfortunate event occurs. We are trying to keep that thread on the first page; it has saved many. I haven't lost progress, but I'm still backing up my game periodically. If you have spent money on this game, you might want to contact customer/tech.support and complain, because you have monetary damage. I don't know what has triggered your progress loss, but I know, that it isn't a BF server issue in all cases. You might want to run Dr.Felix on your computer, because most of the progress loss cases were due to some corrupted files on the players' computer, they weren't aware of. I have nothing smart to say; this game is imperfect, it is evolving as we play it.
If this progress loss would happen to me, and I had spent money on it prior, my first step would be to seek reimbursement, run Dr.Felix, fix the problem what has caused it, and give the game an other shot, and periodically backup my game-files this time to prevent an other heartbreak. I'm sorry for your loss! I wish you good luck for the second time.

[Post New]by Beatnik1969 on Dec 23, 13 3:00 PM
I've just started playing "My Singing Monsters" and I'm wondering if the "Island" is really the head of a larger monster. I see ears and horns and what could be eyes. Is this my imagination or is this true? If it is true, will any future islands I get to also be the heads of larger monsters? Also if true, will we ever get to see full images of these larger monsters?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 23, 13 8:07 PM
Beatnik1969 wrote:I've just started playing "My Singing Monsters" and I'm wondering if the "Island" is really the head of a larger monster. I see ears and horns and what could be eyes. Is this my imagination or is this true? If it is true, will any future islands I get to also be the heads of larger monsters? Also if true, will we ever get to see full images of these larger monsters?

It's not your imagination. Each island is actually the top of a monster's head. You'll see how different each one looks as you acquire them. The one on water island is wearing goggles, and the one on air island is wearing another type of eyepiece. If you move your mouse up and down, you'll see a little more of the eyes, but I think that's the most we'll see of the monster heads.

[Post New]by dridiyassine on Dec 24, 13 1:00 AM
This is all castles info in all islands :
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/265589.page

Spare_Time
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Spare_Time on Dec 31, 13 2:27 PM
Greeting everyone

I'm having lots of fun with this game.

Kind of reminds me of one of the children pretending there were ants on a balding spot at the back of my (then) hubby's head; only I guess this is more like a preparatory stage to the robotic implants geared towards the future and awaiting that implant ... (?) I would have expected the creators of the game to use the known ancient giant's skulls that extended the size of maybe three of today's size brains. Ah well, perhaps in a future island if we are

Spare_Time
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Spare_Time on Dec 31, 13 9:25 PM
My apologies for offending anyone with seeing deeper meanings in this game. Also for being so new at gaming that I might have confused others. In all sincerity.

[Post New]by MonstersFan on Jan 13, 14 8:23 PM

Edited on 01/15/2014 at 10:21:43 AM PST

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Jan 15, 14 3:50 AM
This is a ¨PC game, we can't do this at the moment, in the future maybe, so no need to ask us to do this.

[Post New]by LordGaret on Jan 17, 14 3:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgYE_cpbCw&feature=youtu.be

Anita314
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Changing size of map on screen.

[Post New]by Anita314 on Jan 28, 14 10:30 AM
piper634 wrote:Does anyone know how to adjust the map size? Every time I log on it seems to get larger and takes forever having to scroll over a huge map. And I never do anything to change the size. Last time I was on it changed miduse to a very large size.

Use the wheel on your mouse.

[Post New]by starsky79 on Jan 29, 14 11:14 AM
I'm a player on my kindle fire and I am at lvl14 and I don't want to lose how do I get it on here? If I have to start over how do I had friends on the pc version?

[Post New]by Tippydove52 on Feb 2, 14 7:00 PM
[b] i actually name my monsters and fam members lol

[Post New]by 8thDeadlySin on Feb 4, 14 9:48 AM
Hello OMG I LOVE this Game.. I sent the Big Fish link for this game to all my friends. The game is clean enough for children and Fun enough for adults. Questions
1) can my hubby start a new game on our laptop too or just one game app per device? Also I have been looking at purchasing a tablet. how can I log into the same MSM game on both devices. I'd play on my smart phone but I've seen rocks that are smarter than my android phone. Thank You Big Fish for being such a great gaming site! Love you and have added you to my FB page too!!!!

[Post New]by bitsamerth on Feb 4, 14 12:56 PM
Has anyone else been having trouble getting the game to open for the last couple of days? I keep getting "connection issues. Try again later." GRRRR!

[Post New]by rooferdude on Feb 5, 14 3:48 AM
Once you move a monster to the gold island, is it there forever, or can you move it back to its original island or perhaps a different island?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Feb 5, 14 7:58 AM
rooferdude wrote:Once you move a monster to the gold island, is it there forever, or can you move it back to its original island or perhaps a different island?
Monsters on the Gold Island are only the clone of the original monster. So it does not get removed from it's original island. Only Shugbush (Plant Island) can be moved to Shugabush Island. The Ethereal Monsters (Plant, Cold, Air, Water) can be moved Ethereal Island.

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Feb 10, 14 3:22 AM
Any glimmer of an update soon??????

Go to: