joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Welcome to Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret ™ forum

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 24, 10 10:42 AM
I am a big HOG and IHOG fan. Some things I do not care for in games are:
Find the Difference, find things by shape and try to be fast enough with
cursor to catch some figure popping in. This game has all of those.
Yet, I'm going to buy it. Why?

1. It's todays DD and I still need two cheap punches for this month.
2. Poodlebear's review, great as always.
3. Bribling's review. also excellent
4. Most important, I read SpookyPigdog's review and was inspired to challenge
myself with some of the things I am not that comfortable with. With this game
as the DD, I get one that looks long and has all of my "challenges in one game.
I can play a little every few days 'till I'm more comfortable (or not) with these
elements and maybe stop rejecting a lot of games because of them.

If after days, weeks, months? I still don't like these elements, I'll at least know
I gave them a fair trial and at a bargain price.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 24, 10 1:15 PM
Wow, how did I miss this series? I don't like STDs, but this one is... different.

I think I have to buy this one, LOL. I played a half hour, and had got almost through the first world, so that means at least 4 1/2 hours of play - maybe more if it gets progressively harder. I love the music, and the sound of the wind blowing in the tomb. I don't like the professor's monologue. But, for three bucks, it's a no-brainer.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 24, 10 2:09 PM
I'm still happy as a HOG in mud with this game . Don't pass up this daily deal without at least demo-ing it.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 24, 10 2:23 PM
joyce2121 wrote:I am a big HOG and IHOG fan. Some things I do not care for in games are:
Find the Difference, find things by shape and try to be fast enough with
cursor to catch some figure popping in. This game has all of those.
Yet, I'm going to buy it.

Tips for joyce:

I seldom pay attention to the figure popping in, and I have plenty of hints available anyway. You can get hints just by finding coins; and you can buy extra hints in the store (which I haven't needed to do either). There's an autohint feature, which, if left on, will eventually give a small twinkle where there's an item you need to find, too. Takes a little patience if you're waiting for it - but I like that better than hints given *too* quickly.

If there's water or fire, go to the store and buy the oxygen tank or the fire extinguisher - they work pretty well. The game will prompt you to do this. I find these kinds of scenes a bit annoying, but definitely try the store items before you let it get to you. The store items don't seem to ever get used up - which makes them even more helpful. They keep going back into your inventory for future use.

When you can't find more stuff on your own in one scene, go to one of the five other scenes available and come back to it. Then when you return, if you still need help, use the hints. I haven't gotten stuck yet - that's what I hate most is getting stuck.

The spot the difference games use lots of color change of objects and mirror image of objects.

The objects to be found by shape are associated with a message that pops up at the bottom of the scene when you mouse over them - That's a big clue. The shapes either mean the object is in the scene, or the object is used in the scene (- it might be found in some other of the six scenes). Again - when you've had enough of looking in one scene, go to another of the six and come back to it. A lot of the time, you will pick up shape items that look familiar .

Happy hunting!

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 2:39:39 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 24, 10 3:21 PM
Finished the game and am now downloading Curse of the Pharaoh: The Quest for Nefertiti, and Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet to try. Glad to see there's more of these .

[Post New]by everyonesmomtwo on Apr 24, 10 10:56 PM
Just not my cup of tea as every level was basicly the same. Spot the difference between the 2 sceens.
The drawings are not done very well and so the differences stick out like a sore thumb most of the time.
Won't buy even at the daily deal price. Deleted after 30 minutes of play.
If you like a game that each level is the same than maybe you'll enjoy this one. Total waste of time for me and not even a fun waste of time. Hopefully tomorrow's game will be better.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 25, 10 3:52 AM
Thanks for taking the trouble to give me these great tips, gimmiegames.
I'll put them to good use and keep my frustration level down.
Joyce

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Apr 25, 10 9:57 AM
I really liked the game but I have had nothing but trouble with it ever since I bought it. I have updated all my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Shockwave Player and Flash as well as the game numerous times. I get into the game and can play it but when I get out of it and go back to it it plays for a short time then stops. I have made it to world 5 this way but now I am tired of it. This seems to be a problem with a few of my games ever since I put Shockwave Flash 10 on my computer. This problem occurs even in some games I've played through before. I don't know how to fix this problem. I hope one of you knows because I like this game and want to get the other two.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Apr 25, 10 11:28 AM
Big ooops. I found the problem. After I read my post I realized I missed the audio driver. Now that that's fixed I am continuing the game and buying the other two. Now I'm a very happy player . If anyone else is having this problem after installing a new Shockwave Flash be sure to update the audio driver as well as the graphics driver. I hope I helped someone today.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 5, 10 3:36 PM
Probably no one still reading this, but I'm proud of me. I took on the challenge of
this game and finished it!! (To understand, see my previous post above)

Thanks to the great tips from gimmiegames, I just took my time, switched
scenes back and forth which helped a lot and just quit when I started to
feel frustrated. Still not a big fan of Spot the Difference, but will no longer
let it keep me from games that have more to offer. I enjoyed this more
than I thought possible, and will be at least doing the demo on the others
in the series..

And thanks to SpookyPigDog for inspiring me to try it.

Edited on 05/05/2010 at 3:40:26 PM PST

growlybear1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by growlybear1 on Apr 12, 12 2:18 PM
I downloaded this game because it was an instant purchase for 3.99, my wife and I have loved playing. We are at the end and have no idea what to do with the crocodile glyph?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Don

[Post New]by Christiane42 on May 21, 12 5:29 AM
Help please, i' m Stuck in world7 at the end. The Key doesn't fit in the lock behind the brick or did i Miss a different Key ?

Go to: