bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Any My Singing Monsters Technical Issues Here

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Sep 28, 13 6:44 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the lagging that you're experiencing in your games.

If you're seeing that, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can collect data to do some investigating into what's going on. To reach them, just click on the blue 'Help' link on the top right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 28, 13 8:18 PM
A few of us discussed the server problems in the thread "why does this game log off so quickly?" It seems to be from your end, Big Fish, and not our computers. I was playing along quite fine until the last hour when I was repeatedly dumped from the game right in the middle of collecting my coins. Due to the popularity of this game, it looks like more servers need to be dedicated to My Singing Monsters in order to accommodate the overflow. The frequent lag times it takes to collect coins and food, along with the choppy, out of sync singing is happening more and more and needs to be looked into. Many of us are getting dropped from the game in the middle of doing something and it's more than annoying. Please check into this! I'm posting this because right now I cannot get back into the game.

Edited on 09/28/2013 at 8:24:48 PM PST

[Post New]by ErnieB4 on Sep 29, 13 7:55 AM
Have not been able to connect for the past half hour. Looking on the bright side, I don't have to worry about giving in to the temptation of making an in-game purchase if I can't connect!

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Sep 29, 13 9:02 AM
It's been running fine for the first three weeks I've had it, but for the last few days, it seems to go back to the main screen (I play it while browsing the internet) and then it won't reconnect. It constantly tells me it's timed out trying to download my game data. Even shutting it down completely and restarting doesn't always help.

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Sep 29, 13 9:19 AM
Getting into the game on weekends and evenings, is getting beyond a joke. I just spent 1/2 hour trying to get in. That 1/2 hour, my bakeries were done, and I could have had another batch baked. And when you do get in, picking up cash is slow, and I get dumped out frequently, so I get to fight to get back in again. It's getting really tiresome.

Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Gilead on Sep 29, 13 10:11 AM
I think it's pretty obvious the problem is high traffic, since for the most part this happens during the weekend, and things are fine during the week.

And, are you serious, to even suggest uninstalling and reinstalling My singing monsters, and risk loosing all progress, start from scratch? He** the fu** no.

[Post New]by ilovebreak on Sep 29, 13 10:16 AM
cmjones99 wrote:That 1/2 hour, my bakeries were done, and I could have had another batch baked.

That's much more irritating when you have been patiently waiting for two days a monster breeding and incubating, so it must be ready to place!!! - but you cannot connect...
It seems to be a common problem of last few days. Too many players?
Really hope BFG resolve it soon.

Myzer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Myzer on Sep 29, 13 10:31 AM
I eventually got in and it simply kicked me out five minutes later lol

Luckily I already collected all the money and got all the works done.

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Sep 29, 13 11:12 AM
Finally get in, collecting money, and get booted out. I just spent how many minutes? trying to get back in, I clicked on "play" 18 times to get timed out. Finally quit trying. Come on Big Fish, you are better than this!

Heather_G
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Heather_G on Sep 29, 13 11:31 AM
I'm also experiencing difficulty getting into the game at peak usage times. I suspect this game has proven both more popular, and more use-intensive than Big Fish anticipated. I've been kicked out several times and most of the time have problems getting back into the game (timed out).

I'm writing this time, however, about gems. I was carefully saving up gems in order to upgrade my castle (I'm at the point you can't do it with coins any more), and suddenly looked up and noticed 6 of my 12 gems were gone! I do frequently click the "hurry up" button just so that I can see how long I have left, and if you aren't careful to click the red "X" you can inadvertantly spend gems you didn't mean to. It's possible I clicked the wrong thing when I was tired, but I don't remember anything happening before the expected time. When you're looking at 24 hours to hatch a monster, you pretty much know what time of day that's going to happen--same time next day. Either the game sucked out some of my gems, or I goofed up. Would it be possible to either: A: Put a new button in that just shows the time left to wait (no option to speed up using gems), or B: Give us an "Are you sure you want to spend x gems?" confirmation box?

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Sep 29, 13 12:28 PM
Heather G, I did the same thing once before when I inadvertently hit the green check mark instead of the red x and used 2 diamonds to speed something up when I didn't want to. Like you, I wasn't playing close enough attention because the question looked like what you do when you're checking baking or breeding times. I made sure never to do that again and now, I always move my mouse far to the right when I want to check times so that I don't accidentally click too soon again. Luckily, when I lost those two diamonds, I got them right back in the scratch game so I didn't have time to be mad at myself for too long.

[Post New]by LadySeether on Sep 29, 13 2:28 PM
Hi! I just started playing this yesterday or the day before. I think I normally wouldn't be interested....but that darn tune is catchy!

One thing I've noticed is I keep losing connection with your servers. I'd got to collect coins or xp and nothing will happen. Then after a minute or so I'll be booted back to the Start screen. This is happened 4 or 5 times today!

Edit: Now I just get "Failed to connect to server." I know my egg is hatching!

Edit2: Got on briefly. Did the basics and logged off. Hopefully I made room for someone!

I was considering getting some extra gold so I can break up the big rocks on my island, but certainly not till I'm sure I can get on reliably.

Edited on 09/29/2013 at 3:30:00 PM PST

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Sep 29, 13 2:35 PM
NLW64 wrote:I'm having the same problem. First, I couldn't collect from one monster, then couldn't click on that same monster to move it, but could move the one beside it. Then I got logged off the game. Now I can't get it back, I just get the message that it was taking to long. Figure I'll try again later today or tomorrow. Its to bad to lose all the coins I didn't get a chance to get today tho.

Edited on 09/29/2013 at 2:37:31 PM PST

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Sep 29, 13 2:40 PM
Having the same problem. Sometimes I can get right on and have no problems. Next time I can't get on keeps timing me out. Then when I do get in can't collect anything or it won't let me collect anything. Sometimes I click several times to get money and it keeps collecting from the same monster. Is there any help out there?

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 29, 13 2:46 PM
Another one her in Australia having trouble logging in at certain times of the day. This is a failing with this type of game that continuosly required updating from a distant server.
Brickbats to Bigfish for introducing this type of game withoput adequate server support, and for the internet connection required to play.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 29, 13 2:59 PM
I've been having the same problem all day, and also yesterday. It stops working when I try to collect coins, throws me out, and then can't log me in again (Login timed out etc.) Seeing all the others that are having the same problem, I refuse to believe it's on my computer, when it worked perfectly before.

Quite a few in this and other threads have asked Bigfish if they have a problem with the capacity of their servers - a theory I find highly plausible - but none from Bigfish have responded to this question yet.

Come on, Bigfish! Tell us whether you are having server problems or not! Even if you don't have a solution to it yet, at least admit it! Please, moderators, reply to this.

Please also let us know if the game is on YOUR servers, or on the game manufacturer's servers. Could it actually be THEM who have mis-calculated how popular the pc-Version would become? Please, Bigfish, clarify this?

Edited on 09/29/2013 at 3:03:41 PM PST

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Sep 29, 13 3:18 PM
if so many of us cant get in to play game- then who the *%#! is playin it. i was surprised i could even play it sense i am unable to play the other pay as you play games. wish BF would do a bit of work to there site , it has not even held to the old standards they used to have. oh and 50% and half price are the same thing right? then how is half off a ce 9.99 club price? 13.99 at half off is6.99 or do i need a new math class?

[Post New]by Nightmare_mh on Sep 29, 13 3:48 PM
I have been having connection problems all weekend. On the rare occasion I can get connected it only stays connected for a couple of minutes and then drops me. I have to try logging in again and again and get a time out message each time. I started playing the other free game that released a couple days ago bush whackers and have no problem connecting to that one so I know the issue is not on my end. I hope they get this issue addressed soon.

Patoot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Patoot on Sep 29, 13 4:28 PM
I see so many others are having the same issue, but I also wanted to join my voice to the chorus of those requesting that something be done about the inability to connect to the server. It's very frustrating to have to devote so much time to trying to play without actually having the chance to play.

[Post New]by SilverHusky on Sep 29, 13 4:38 PM
I'm having login issues as well, pauses when I collect the coins/baked goods, and the singing being out of synch when I mute one of the monsters. It just started doing this a few days ago. I'll contact support and hope that there's a solution. The game is completely addictive.

Go to: