moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
794 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Singing Monsters

[Post New]by moncilla on Nov 2, 13 12:47 AM
I love this game. It is unique, and funny, and exciting, and capturing. The idea that each player can manifest their own unique idea about how their islands should look and sound like is excellent. It is a fairytale told by a thousand different ways, and the result is a "never-ending-happily-everafter".

I have to admit, though, this game was not a love at first sight. When I got my first monster, a noggin, tapping his bold, flat head with his over-sized hands, my eyebrows were running up and down for a while: "What is this game about?" Then the Mammoth came... then, my husband came home, and I showed him what kept me from making the dinner on time. He was: "Are you serious? Really?" Few minutes later I heard him: "Bumm, barah bumm..." - he has downloaded the game for himself, as well. Since then, his first question when he steps through the door has changed from: "What's for dinner?" to "How are your monsters doing?" Then we kept breeding and feeding our goof-balls, tending to their likes just to watch them to grow into a full-blown orchestra.

I didn't mind to spend on this game. My message for those people, who did not give this game a chance, yet have a very strong, negative opinion about it is that you don't know what have you missed. You all sounded like my nephew, who I tried to feed with goulash at a time. "I don't want any. I don't like it." Well, did you ever had any?" "No." "Then how do you know, you don't like it?"

[Post New]by MCelia on Nov 16, 13 6:15 PM
tookat wrote:How do I feel?
Disappointed!
As soon as I found out I would need to purchase items with real cash, I logged out and deleted the game.
I would have liked to play this game, but even if I were not on a strict budget, I have serious objections to games that require you to make purchases in order to play.

If I am wrong, and this is not the case, I apologize......
but I hate to see Big Fish going down this road.

[Post New]by MCelia on Nov 16, 13 6:16 PM
I agree; although I was playing. Now figuring out that there are tricks to get diamonds, but not available on the PC version. Super.

gizzybird
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by gizzybird on Nov 17, 13 2:36 PM
I feel I have to defend the idea that you MUST spend money to make the game playable and fun. It really is not the case! I am now at level 27, got all the Islands, a LOT of decorations and have had loads of fun playing without feeling the need to pay real money for anything in order to complete a goal or move forward. Spending your cash to progress or speed things up is an option not a necessity. I know there are a lot of people who haven't spent anything yet and others who have spent quite a lot already. As far as I'm concerned, weeks of fun playing the game has got to be worth spending at least the purchase price of a standard game on Big Fish at some point. I have paid full price for games that have lasted as little as 4 or 5 hours (and with no real replay value ) in the past and I would MUCH rather have been offered the option to spend when (and if!) I choose to, in order to enhance a game I enjoy and have spent almost two months playing, than to feel slightly exploited in paying for something that ends abruptly only a few hours after you paid for it.

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 2:37:46 PM PST

[Post New]by IntelligentLife on Nov 23, 13 10:44 AM
Like some others, I want to BUY my game and have it with all the working parts contained within. I don't like the con of getting the game "Free" and then making it too hard to earn what you need -- yes, many people will capitulate but not me. It's a stupid way to play a game for the consumers, but a brilliant way for the marketers. Kudos to finding American weakness and capitalizing on it. It's just a damn shame for those of us who don't buy into the money-sucking parts.

princessputter
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by princessputter on Nov 25, 13 8:38 AM
my children and I love this game.. fun to play... wonderful music.. cute !!!!! and fun

pkjgbr
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by pkjgbr on Nov 25, 13 6:18 PM
I agree, princessputter, I love this game too.
To Intelligent Life, this game has two currencies to pay for things, one is real money to speed things up, the other is patience. Everything happens in this game in its own good time, using real currency isn't a necessity - it's a choice. This is not a game to run through in a day, or a week or even a month - there's no rush to complete.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Nov 27, 13 12:43 PM
I don't understand the game. I'm enjoying Farm Up, so I thought I'd try another, but I downloaded, bought a monster, and now it just says "place the monster" and there's a big green arrow... but when I click it, nothing happens. I click on Help, and it didn't help... I think it took me here to the forum? I'm going to uninstall.

However, I really like the gloomy swirling sky in the background, very cool looking.

[Post New]by onca747 on Nov 28, 13 12:02 AM
It's not a bad little game, it really is cute and inventive. And you can play it reasonably far without needing to buy extra currency.

However, my biggest gripe is this. When breeding a monster, you specify the elements to create a particular monster type.. but what you actually get is random. You could end up with a parent instead. I find this part of the game EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, mainly because you don't know what you're getting until it's hatched and all, many hours away. If you could tell what type monster it is by its egg, then this wouldn't be so bad, as while it's incubating you could try the same guy again in the breeder. But as it stands you need to breed AND incubate before you know what you're getting.

I'm sorry BF, but I really think this aspect of the game was purposefully implemented to force people to buy more diamonds, if they don't want to wait a week to breed a specific 3- or 4-element monster. Shame on you.

Aside from that, I also find the interface very clunky. At least speed up the menu transitions, please.

Edited on 11/28/2013 at 12:05:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Summervine on Dec 17, 13 7:17 PM
15-Level Ethereal Monsters are present in the List for place Monsters on the Gold Island.
They are blocking the space for the normal Monsters there.

Please urgently remove Etheral Monsters from the Gold-Island-List.

I hope, it not will be the same with the new Island.

[Post New]by knitnlady on Dec 18, 13 4:29 AM
I enjoy the game and finally got the Yool monsters when it came up for sale because I had accumulated enough gems to buy it with my mines.

You don't really have to spend a dime on it if you are a very patient person, you will eventually earn enough.

knitnlady

[Post New]by qualityfrog125 on Dec 19, 13 10:33 PM
I was really enjoying the game. I have the PC version and the Android version. I did not mind paying any money to speed myself along. In fact, I spent a lot. I really loved the game way too much though because once I got to level 21 the game reset itself so I'm back to level 1 on the PC and it's very disappointing that I spent all that money and now all my progress is gone. I'm on level 19 on my android version. I don't play it as much because I'm worried the same thing will happen. I would have continued spending money, too. I feel like a fool and like I was cheated or something. I know it was a free game and I was really loving it, too...

[Post New]by dkr420 on Dec 22, 13 4:08 PM
I have been playing My Singing Monsters for a month now. My 11 year old grandson got me started and it is fun and a good time waster. I have spent about $20 because I wanted to move along faster but now I feel I will take my time getting to the harder levels. I have found it hard to find friends as I decided years ago not to bug my facebook or twitter friends with games! It still us a fun little game to play. If you would like to add me my MSM number is 7451023JD.

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Jan 11, 14 8:27 AM
I like the game but have no intention of spending a lot of money. I like being able to go to it whenever. At level 16 now and have discovered that it takes about 5,000,000 to get any of your creatures to level 15 to transfer them to gold Island. I may never have any creatures on gold island. Time will tell because I do not intend to spend anymore hard cash. I spent $25.00 on the diamonds once but do not intend to do so again. Great game though. I really would like to know who rates the islands however. I just went through 100 of them and the ratings aren't changing. Are people really spending that kind of money or are some of the islands the result of the game designers?

[Post New]by irishkatheryn on Feb 21, 14 4:53 PM
I find it funny that people are complaining about how you "HAVE" to spend money to get anywhere in the game. That's just simply NOT TRUE. Sorry folks, I've leveled out, have all the monsters (except Ethereals), and all the islands and have YET TO SPEND ONE DIME on this game. It's all about PATIENCE. The only thing I find frustrating is the length of time it takes to breed the Ethereal monsters. So far, I've only managed to breed 2 Ghazts. It's an adorable "time waster" that I only check in on once, maybe twice a day. I'll get the other monsters when I get them. I'm in no hurry, it's not a competition.

[Post New]by angierae1 on Apr 12, 14 12:55 PM
My Singing Monsters is a fun, addicting game.....BUT! My entire game has been deleted TWICE, so I don't suggest playing this game if you plan on advancing too far, especially if you put any money into it. I was almost to level 30 when my game(s) were deleted. Just some helpful advice.

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Apr 20, 14 3:46 AM

Ok... Here's what I think,I tried this game and I love it!
This is a slow playing strategy game IMO, where you have to think about your possibilties. You don't have to pay for diamonds ,ect.In Fact, it's more fun if you don't!
in fact, I went ahead and bought a small amount of diamonds and was disappointed, simply because it was less fun for me to buy what i needed rather than to figure out how to get them for free.That's the fun of it for me, the waiting and wondering.Also, you plan on how to spend your coins ect.How many diamonds do you really need? I have found , not many.It's all about strategy and planning.
I realize that this game isn't for everyone. Some people are impatient and shouldn't play htis game. But for those of us who love the challenge of waiting, plotting and planning, this is a wonderful game.!
Happy gaming People, no matter what kind of game you play.

[Post New]by krisnar on Jun 21, 14 2:24 AM
Okay, I've been playing this game on both my iPhone, first a 4s then a 5s and my Kindle Fire HD. I have the one one my iPhone built up without spending any of my own money. It is not necessary unless you are impatient! I currently have the first island (Plant), Cold island, Air Island and Water Island on my iPhone. And I am close to getting enough coins to buy Fire Island. And all but Water Island are maxed out with monsters. At first the music doesn't sound very good but the more different monsters you add the better it gets. And each island has a different song and also some different monsters. I had to start over on my Kindle because I had to reset it and hadn't backed the game up. I don't know about playing it on my PC yet since I mostly play on my phone and tablet while I'm on dialysis to kill time. But I downloaded it. But I love this game!

Again, it is not necessary to spend your own money unless you are impatient! You get coins and gems for completing goals! Once your monsters are level 4 you can breed them. It takes time and also trial and error but you will get the expensive ones that cost eventually.

Arehte
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Arehte on Jul 7, 14 4:11 AM
Well I've been playing this game for a while and I now know it can be free for the patient person as I have needed no real money. I have all the Islands, most of the monsters and the eight Suga island players (and a couple of copies) and now going to get the eahtral island full. Also I have two Wubboxs on the gold Island and they took a while to put together. It has been fun and challenging to play but so far not impossible to play.

[Post New]by Riba_Soma on Aug 7, 14 3:15 AM
I discovered My Singing Monsters after countless hours of playing F2P dragon breeding games. So, comparing to what you have to go through to breed a descent dragon, I find in-app purchases in MSM rather player friendly. The pace of the game is not so fast, and you don't really have much to do between game events, but the monsters are so cute and they sing so sweet that waiting time actually pays off. Another great advantage is a very detailed and consistent game world - something you rarely see in social F2P games. I fully recommend this game to all lovers of breeding games.

Go to: