april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 17, 14 1:34 PM
Well Im on Level 92 so its been a while, but if I remember correctly I had to have all the buildings in Dinhammer Alley at Level 5 before I could upgrade the wharf. The wharf in Breezy Bay is the wooden boat dock in front of the restaurant.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 17, 14 1:37 PM
maggiesuzyq wrote:HAS ANYBODY ever got a reply to any of our ??s from anyone one RESPONSIBLE for this game? WHY want someone from Big Fish or the makers tell us ANYTHING???? I am about ready to tell >>>>

I saw a post from customer service on one of these posts yesterday. They said they are still working on the problems and did not know how long it would be before next update. But they did promise that we would all get our gold they owe us from the Christmas event on the next update when it comes. Thats something to look forward to I guess.

[Post New]by adary2 on Jan 17, 14 6:06 PM
Another thing I found is that I have to have a science degree in some of these games I get something like HO1ol clue one for some of the things I am supposed to find I was never any good in science and I haven't been to school in well over 30 years

[Post New]by adary2 on Jan 17, 14 6:08 PM
oh and I've been over level 5 in all the levels

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 17, 14 7:06 PM
Sounds like you have some glitches. Sometimes they will do that. Use you pet to help you find it, then when you see it again you'll know what they mean. For example, in the Junkyard scene it asks you to find a pinwheel. I looked and looked but couldnt find it, used my pet and it turned out to be a teddy bear. In Capt Matthews Boat Dock, they give you some weird numbers and if you see it, they mean the dinosaur.

[Post New]by adary2 on Jan 17, 14 7:25 PM
thanks, in the junkyard its actually the teddy bear they want

and in the glitch I would, but in that level if I get one I get 7 and that means waiting for my pet to recharge, and the worst is if they want the racing flags they wont give them to me, so I waste money, or ill be there for next two weeks

kimberley03
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by kimberley03 on Jan 20, 14 7:09 AM
do you need to upgrade the auction house too? what is the benefit of that?

april3850 wrote:Well Im on Level 92 so its been a while, but if I remember correctly I had to have all the buildings in Dinhammer Alley at Level 5 before I could upgrade the wharf. The wharf in Breezy Bay is the wooden boat dock in front of the restaurant.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 20, 14 8:25 AM
I dont know its just something they make you do. Supposedly one day we will be getting the other building that says "coming soon" and after we have upgraded all of them we get a special reward of some sort.

[Post New]by Romancechick on Jan 21, 14 6:04 AM
I used to love this game but lately when I get a quest to go get something (right now it's formal wear) I have gone to the mine or wherever every day several times for a week and never gotten the item. Before that it was the little doll for Akiko or whatever her name is. I never got it and ended up paying gold just to move on. Now I'm stuck trying to get the formal wear. I haven't played in a couple of weeks because the story doesn't move on.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jan 29, 14 6:40 PM
Well I'm a little disappointed with the latest update 1/28/14. I figured they'd get rid of the Christmas Motif and change it to Valentines Day or for Easter which are the next holidays. I'm up level 40, over 100,000 coins, 488 logs, 724 bricks, 601 paint cans, and a total of 1200 energy. I have all available bldg upgraded to level 5 and still can't get all of my collections filled. What's the problem? Do I wave a magic wand or pay out the as* and get it through the Auction House?

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 6:42:00 PM PST

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jan 29, 14 6:49 PM
april3850 wrote:I dont know its just something they make you do. Supposedly one day we will be getting the other building that says "coming soon" and after we have upgraded all of them we get a special reward of some sort.

I agree 100%! Figured those buildings would be available in this latest update, but Nooo! Nothing!

stasinski5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stasinski5 on Feb 2, 14 8:49 PM
Thank you blahblahboo, I was going to ask why I never get any trinkets in the Tailor Shoppe. I read below that it is a token and XP only game. Ty that sure answers why I wasn't getting anything.

stasinski5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stasinski5 on Feb 2, 14 8:53 PM
sahobbs wrote:Well I'm a little disappointed with the latest update 1/28/14. I figured they'd get rid of the Christmas Motif and change it to Valentines Day or for Easter which are the next holidays. I'm up level 40, over 100,000 coins, 488 logs, 724 bricks, 601 paint cans, and a total of 1200 energy. I have all available bldg upgraded to level 5 and still can't get all of my collections filled. What's the problem? Do I wave a magic wand or pay out the as* and get it through the Auction House?

I totally agree with u. I'm so sick of seeing Christmas decor. It would be nice to have those other holiday upgrades to make it more eye appealing. I also like to do the challenges for the holidays.

Ok Sahobbs, if u click on the round circle up to the right that looks like a gear, then hit Achievements, u will find all the things u have or want to accomplish in the game. I just found this feature about a month ago. So try checking your Achievements and u will more to accomplish. Hoped this helped.

stasinski5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

getting irritated by not getting my trinkets when playing a game.

[Post New]by stasinski5 on Feb 2, 14 9:03 PM
I had over 300 letters in the Mail house. I decided to go for what ever level 18 gives u. I played that 300 letters out and have still not gotten the trinket or what ever it is that u get from each level. I have noticed that one day I will hit the goodie or trinket every game but on others I can't get anything to save my life. I wonder why that is. If u are winning a game in a house then u should get the goodie it gives u .....period. No matter what house or what level I have played today, it just will not give me the item for the level I'm playing. It is so irritating.

I do not have any technical issues with this game at all. One time I ordered coins and gold and did not get them, nor did I get any response from my tech issue that I sent Big Fish. I was ready to uninstall everything except what I bought and not touch Big Fish again. There is absolutely no HELP for anything, no games help, no tech help, no help with buying gold and coins. NOTHING. I read that another person was asking the same. They need to hire a moderator for these forums. Its just not fair. U buy and buy but when u ask for a little of their help. NO way will u find it. Good luck all

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 2, 14 10:56 PM
Not all of the mini games give you trinkets. And some of those that do only do so rarely. It may take 20 tries to get some of them. What I do, is try it about 5 times and if I dont get anything, I stop and come back later to try again. The ones that require 18 resources are generally the hardest to get.

I have also had trouble getting a response from customer service. They are very slow to respond. They do have moderators that come in here once in a while. I do wish they'd show up more often and address more questions.

[Post New]by rebajane26 on Feb 6, 14 1:02 PM
FYI...for those of you sick of seeing the Christmas decor, you just have to go in to decorations and remove them. It will still be winter but the tree, wreaths and swags will be gone.

And I too am having issues finding the Wharf. I get the eyeball on the dock but when I click it does nothing. Maybe it will be fixed in the next update?

mutzi52
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by mutzi52 on Feb 6, 14 3:33 PM
rebajane26 wrote:FYI...for those of you sick of seeing the Christmas decor, you just have to go in to decorations and remove them. It will still be winter but the tree, wreaths and swags will be gone.

And I too am having issues finding the Wharf. I get the eyeball on the dock but when I click it does nothing. Maybe it will be fixed in the next update?

That is not true for Breezy Bay. I have removed them and they are still there. When I go into decorations, it tells me I can choose the Christmas decorations as though they are gone, but they are not. The tree is gone, the wreaths and swags remain.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 7, 14 2:59 PM
Yes, I still have them in Breezy Bay too. Also the pumpkins. The tree is gone, but everything else still there.

Wehelo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Wehelo on Feb 15, 14 10:43 AM
I tried to use 100 energy points from the food inventory. I didn't receive the points and lost the food. I just received it and think it was a cupcake.

[Post New]by gamingisfun on Feb 16, 14 7:04 PM
Hello this is gaming is fun/bittersweet antiques. Finally got into forum again. My problem with the buildings(mini-games) still not fixed. I lost all but the first 8 After the Christmas Event ended. I did gain a few more with the Valentines Day Event. Have been unable to do the Quests with the clock if they are past the first 8 which is very annoying. Sorry!!! Mine was not a scrolling issue, they just dissappeared. I have uninstalled, shutdown computer, start up again, then re-installed several times and they are still missing. I also have been unable to get into the forum it wouldn't let me sign in. I did chat with another gamer who did post this for me. Thank you very much Dirktee. For some reason you no longer show up has a friend. I saw you were having issues too. Sorry hope they also get fixed. Well happy gaming everyone!!!!

Go to: