treehse65
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Reviews for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

[Post New]by treehse65 on Nov 17, 13 9:26 AM
I have been enjoying playing the games and doing the quests. However, there are a number of quests I have had to skip. most recently the thanksgiving decor quests. I presume to complete them, people buy energy and play all day long to get 120K+ coins to buy them. but I don;t have the time to play THAT much (having a job) or any spare money (job that just covers my bills). I know I am not your demographic but it is disappointing that those quests (and therefore the reward for 17 quests) are something I won't be able to complete. if the costs of these next time were a little more in reach, i might consider spending a little to get there, but they are so far beyond reachable, I won't try

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 18, 13 5:01 AM
Big Fish Games has never been same as other "free game sites", and that is precisely why its members pay a monthly fee to belong. Like most longtime members, I pay for games with the expectation that they will work, and more over, that they will be mine to play again in the future.

I was instantly hooked on ART:AD, as it is an easy game to get hooked on but it's only after you've invested many hours into game play that you realize none of it is yours to save. I understand it is a completely different concept than stand-alone games but it needs more tweaking before it is worthy of the BFG brand.

Things that would make this game better and more in line with the BFG brand in general would be:

- Fix bugs that affect game play first, (i.e. crashes, people not getting items paid for with real money or sold at auction, etc.). Then worry about rolling out cute but unnecessary things like holiday decorations. We've had two updates thus far and the game still crashes if you play "picky shopper mode" twice in a row. Sure we can now buy pretend turkeys, but what good does that do anyone if they can't actually play the game.

- The option to save multiple games. If you make a mistake or don't receive something you should have, you could simply reload from your last saved game and try again. Annoying, yes, but, in most games, a great relief when needed. It would affect the programming of the auction module but it could be done.

- Have "Keepsakes" pause when the game pauses. Nothing is more annoying than using a "keepsake" that is good for only thirty minutes and having the doorbell ring. (Sometimes I feel like shouting at the UPS guy, "You know how many gold bars you owe me?!" though, that could just be me.)

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 8, 13 12:28 PM
I really like this game. It has alot to do and yes, it's alittle confusing at first but after you play it awhile it all starts making sense. The instructions under the cog wheel could have been better but it's easy enough to figure out with alittle time in the game. I think the bars and coins are very reasonably priced if one wishes to advance faster.
I haven't spent any money on it and if it wasn't a FTP, i would of had to in order to buy it. I am glad BF offers FTP games, they are different and fun, i just wish there was more then a handful of them offered by BF for pc. Looks like that is starting to change though and i welcome a larger offering and library of FTP games

[Post New]by zeven2 on Dec 23, 13 10:06 PM
SLEEPLADY AND MORE OTHERS ARE RIGHT IS A SHAME. U WILL PAY US FOR PLAY. WE LOSE SO MUCH MONEY AND IN MANY IF NOT IN ALL CASE THE GAME STOLE GOLD BAR AND COINS..... ITEMS ETC. THE GAME IS A STRESS NOT HAPPY TIME. GREAT SLEEPLADY

[Post New]by adary2 on Jan 19, 14 10:28 AM
How can you get Ayleen's cousin to show at the red mines?

[Post New]by Reesyann on Jan 30, 14 7:36 PM
January 31 there is an update that doesn't remove the Christmas music? Or fix the Quest I have been stuck on for more than a month? Not much of an update IMHO.

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Feb 1, 14 5:39 AM
There is a game out there you can purchase but it has it's flaws too. I am up to over a million coins but cannot get the sub areas to open up.

linda603
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by linda603 on Feb 20, 14 5:26 AM
this game has more bugs than a 3 day old corpse. the feb 8 update fixed the problem for a little while. i am so disappointed by bgf and zoom bap. this was rushed and untested. if you need proof, go to the technical forum. it is not my computer. i would never recommend to a dog

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Feb 21, 14 12:23 PM
Pickles77 wrote:Oh no! Antique Road Trip Series has been ruined by making it a Free to Play!!! Why did this have to happen?? I find this game extremely confusing, too busy and not at all fun to play, definitely not for me ....If this is the way it's going to be, bringing out perfectly wonderful series and making them Free to Play, that is a real shame ...The graphics are good but no longer fun to play...Sorry....I know some fishies will like this but alot won't.....So sad..... [/quote

SO agree... this trend is DISTURBING! I, also resent these added [without my consent or ie. adding it myself via download]

Errr....

[Post New]by drawbridges on Feb 28, 14 11:55 AM
I am on level 60 and loving the game even though there are a few bugs that still need to be worked out. I refuse to pay to play games online and I would never pay to buy more gold or what not. I have only been playing for maybe 2 months and have been able to advance quickly without spending a cent. I do wish that there were more daily quests possibly even 2 or 3 parters. But over all its a great game. The one thing I would do away with is the fact of having to send messages to other players.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 1, 14 10:00 PM
I LIKE THE GAME BUT IT TAKES TO LONG TO RECHARGE NOW OVER 40 HOURS. TRY NOT TO MAKE THE ENERGY TIME MUCH LONGER. I MAY LOOSE INTEREST IN THE GAME.
I CAN'T BUY COINS OR GOLD OR ANY THING ELSE AT THE BF STORE. NO CREDIT CARD. SO IT WILL BE A VERY LONG TIME BEFOR I CAN DO MUCH BUT WAIT.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 2, 14 9:16 AM
The concept is a very intriguing one.. have a game where you don't have to pay the upfront fees with the potential of never having to put forth any cash.

However, the concept does not currently mesh with the real world fact that people enjoy playing games on their own free time, not when a game is ready for you to play. (waiting for recharge).

Therefore, you end up paying some type of money to continue. Now, you've changed from a free game to a pay game. And then customer expectations change.

Once I'm a paying customer, I want to make sure that I'm getting my money's worth. That means no glitches, freezing, and enough content to justify my having spent any money.

To date, this is where the game falls flat. They need a better balance of continuing to keep people interested, if I choose not to pay then I wait and wait and wait-- making look for alternate forms of entertainment during MY free time.

If I pay, then I expect a decent game because I've put for money. If not, then I'll put forth money on other games that can meet my gaming expectation.

They need to work on this balance before people begin to lose interest and turn off completely.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Mar 9, 14 5:19 PM
All technical issues aside, after playing six months:

I like this game. It has a lot of activities and there is a challenge in finding that rhythm of what resource to use for what gain. Before folks put their collectible lists in the forum, there was some memory training going on, and still is to a certain extent.

The quests are good for focusing that rhythm in the right direction and it would be fine if there were some levels that didn't have one or two now and then, spacing them out a little. Going through a stretch of some 40 to 50 levels with no quests is a big yawner even with the relatively useless daily timed quests.

The mini-games need some work in that the more resources needed (10-18) should provide much more in rewards, either Coin, XP or collectible. It is very deflating to put out so many resources to get the collectible once for 10 to 20 tries and that the coin or XP is only double or triple the same as the 5 and under games.

All coin should be interchange-able with the gold bars so that there are options when choosing the food, keepsake and resource purchases and I was hoping that would come out with the bundled items - no dice.

I don't care if a mini-game is easy or hard as long as it provides adequate rewards as promised.

I was surprised that finding the same objects in the same places in the hidden object scenes could still be challenging and yet there's the odd movement of an item to catch you off guard.

The auction is simply delightful in every way, wouldn't change a thing.

The special events are really quite a lot of fun and it's like taking a "vacation" from the daily grind.

I'm glad I didn't spend any extra cash on this game, maybe that's why I can accept its imperfections to a degree. I allow for that when something is in a "trial" offer.

Happy Gaming!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 10, 14 3:18 AM
I completely agree with you.

The higher level mini-games don't reward you sufficiently.
That's why everybody plays the #1 games in Teodi's; only die-hards that want to max out everything will ever play the #18.
But I understand that they cannot give 18x the amount of coins; that would be like 50.000 coins for one game (without keepsake !). Even 20.000 coins would be a lot.
So I would suggest giving more experience points. If you spend 18 of a resource, I feel that a few hundred experience points are well deserved.

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Mar 10, 14 10:02 AM
I am a player who is on a mission to max out all my mini-games. Even Teodi's. I have maxed the 18. I don't mind doing things like this because I want to max everything out.Then I can say I have truly played the game to its max and know what it is about. I have found the little ins and outs but, I do love the game.

[Post New]by Lyra33 on Mar 23, 14 10:11 AM
I love the game, very much, but I have had to delete it. Why? Because I have to pay to complete quests. This is why I quit playing Farmville. I know you have to make money, but making it by forcing people to spend money to complete a quest is not the way to go. There are several games out there that are as good that don't have this requirement. I will go play them.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 23, 14 2:44 PM
There are a lot of players here that have never spent any money, but are still able to reach the highest levels. So maybe if you would tell us what important quest you cannot fulfill without paying real money, we could tell you how we solved or circumvented that particular problem.

[Post New]by themindlady on Mar 23, 14 2:48 PM
I'm really happy with this game. I have been playing for a few months now and I haven't spent any money. It really can be free and still be fun.

[Post New]by PysankyPtsbg on Apr 4, 14 8:44 AM
I like the game so far. Since it is FTP, I have been able to play for about an hour a day, and have not spent any money. I bought the other Antique Road Trip games. I like them all. I like the really challenging ones, that make you actually search or remember things. Now that I have a list of items and their locations, it is so much easier to complete quests, but most importantly, knowing which items are NOT available is paramount - now when I get some gold, I know which items to just buy outright, instead of hoping to find it. The graphics are top notch, and the music is nice. The game has some quirks, but since it is FTP, I can overlook them.

I still wish that ALL of the Chocolatier games were available. That series was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

BFG hid my post about the screencaps in this game - ie - screenshots of spreadsheets that told you where to go to get items - why? What was so wrong about it?

Edited on 04/08/2014 at 6:23:37 PM PST

Aeryn333
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Aeryn333 on Apr 11, 14 2:54 PM
Actually at first I was sceptical..eh..Then I lost 99p for gold..Mind, BF reimbursed me,...good show mates..
Eh First I tried their solution..I had to start over, I lost for some strange reason my progress when I un- inistalled and re-installed...eh twas.in essence best thing that happened actually....I learned do not spend gold right away..yous earn when happenin' on level ups, an quests, gold an nourishment for energy, so you can play and mosey on ahead without spending ones euros on gold..thus far..

I did notice with the Spring update, that the new quests, an changes, were not showing up, so un-install an re-install, even though did it through trash can..DL new version, details showed they un-installed old version to install new version, when I opened game, aye, the new quests were there an everything was peachy..all in all I am liking it..thus far..with hopefully some future adjustments to this game..
Perchance this info helps some before one gives up on the game altogether..

1.Now..I do believe recharge time should be less, as well as Bldg upgrade times, an places you visit don't increase energy demand so quickly....120 energy, for one place you need to go, and that's sometimes like open game, do 1 quest an that's all folks..till long time energy recharge,,

2.I also wish there was nourishment you could buy with money that gave you more than just a 10 energy upgrade at the get go... should be various choices of both..

3.Some of the upgrade prices way to high IMO..

3.Eh the slot machines, I feel should give coins for coins spent, yet also gold if you bet with gold...otherwise..that is one option I will neér take...an hope its not mandatory..
Perchance tis why for some then there is a feeling one is forced to buy gold or feels it ya know..I feel this may be one of the few reasons, for negative reviews, perchance..
Eh all in all, lest boredom gets on, down the line.. I am quite enjoying.

Aeryn333

Edited on 04/11/2014 at 3:39:27 PM PST

Go to: