Re:Post Any Cooking Academy: Restaurant Royale Tech Issues Here

[Post New]by Cross1618 on Nov 14, 13 8:30 AM
Has the issue with the hearts been resolved for anyone? I'm on level 26 an my hearts stalled a while ago at 146. I can lose hearts and then they will go back up to 146 but it's a little bit frustrating because some if the challenges are to boost your popularity but nothing I do will jump it past 146...

[Post New]by Cross1618 on Nov 15, 13 10:54 AM
Maybe someone could confirm if you are supposed to get hearts everytime a customer gives one or if you're supposed to get the 10+ hearts when you score three stars on a dish?

BaxieB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BaxieB on Nov 15, 13 3:50 PM
The only way I've been able to get hearts is to add equipment. Have never gotten any for preparing 3 star dishes or any other achievements. I, too, am curious if that's the only way to increase hearts. If so, what's up with the promise of hearts for 3 star dishes??? Anyone else know how this is supposed to work? I'm up to 160 hearts now, but only because I expanded once and was able to add tables and appliances.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 15, 13 6:41 PM
I would also like to know how the hearts work. As far as I can tell, the customer and recipe hearts just maintain your count. The count goes down by how many angry customers toot, but then it goes right back up and I haven't lost anything. I did Halloween and got the 4 challenge items and have tried to buy a higher heart table or counter every day that I can afford it. I had been ignoring the popularity challenges for a while but have gotten up to 421 now, buying tables and counters. But everything really good hearts-wise costs bucks or 400,000 coins.

[Post New]by miacoco on Nov 16, 13 5:16 AM
cedes74 wrote:I worked on completing the Halloween quests to earn the decorations, but when I stowed them away to temporarily give myself more floor space, they disappeared from the Accents area. Is there maybe something I'm overlooking? Really disappointed in losing all my popularity from the Halloween decorations and don't want to spend money on bucks for replacement level decorations.

same. hope this gets resolved... that was a lot of time invested.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Nov 16, 13 11:58 AM
My hearts are only 356 - I wonder why? I have a lot of good stuff - what level are you PTBT? I'm at 48, and I've made all the dishes, and my counters and tables are all 3+ or better, and I have max decorations, including a lot of good ones, and all the Halloween stuff.

Do I need to go back and remake all the dishes to get the 10 hearts credit?

BaxieB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BaxieB on Nov 16, 13 1:25 PM
Hello??? Game people? Seems like we all have questions on how this game is supposed to work. Do we all have a problem or do we just not understand the rules? That's all I really want to know. I like the game...I would really just like to know how to progress...short of paying real $$$'s to buy space/equip. Publishing of how the game works would really be appreciated. Thank you!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 17, 13 10:35 AM
Elinu wrote:My hearts are only 356 - I wonder why? I have a lot of good stuff - what level are you PTBT? I'm at 48, and I've made all the dishes, and my counters and tables are all 3+ or better, and I have max decorations, including a lot of good ones, and all the Halloween stuff.

Do I need to go back and remake all the dishes to get the 10 hearts credit?

Sorry, didn't check this thread until now! Still in the 30's level-wise, but yes, spent some real money to get some 20 heart decorations. Can't afford the 400k stuff ever, as of yet, but try to get the highest heart-value counters and tables that I can afford. And I have kept Halloween decorations too as they gave me a really good boost in the right direction.

I haven't seen the recipe 3-star and 10 hearts thing do anything to my popularity, so I don't get the point of that.

[Post New]by indigirl0608 on Nov 17, 13 11:28 PM

lene22 wrote:Cannot buy additional bucks I am playing on iPhone 4S. It asks for my password to confirm payment a white circle blinks as it turn, so it looks like its processing payment. Then it disappears.
I have re- installed the game and it still will not work.

Lene 22

This is happening to me too! Then it closes game and when I re open, I get a message saying " Connection Failed" couldn't connect to server.

The game only started this since Friday night when I connected my email to the game. I was downloading IOS 7.04 on my iPad and was trying to safe guard myself from loosing my game. I was on level 53, had mastered several reciepes, spent a nice amount of money too.Upon, opening the game after the update, my heart sank! It opened at level 26! I am not cheap but if we can prove with iTunes receipts purchases made prior to the tech issues could people somehow get refunds or in game credits?

Danielle

eb79
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by eb79 on Nov 21, 13 9:27 AM
Yesterday i played the game and go to sleep and a few minutes ago when i try to open it i face the blank restaurant and made me restarted after that i ll open the menu and try enter my password and it asked me to upload my server or device options i select server and voila all my last week is gone also i bouth a 50 bucks its gone too what is happend and i m always online how my stuff go away or lets asked this way why one week ago???

Kim05
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Kim05 on Nov 27, 13 8:20 PM
On my iPad with ios7, the game reset to zero while I was not connected to the server. I did not go through an update . I was at level 49 with over 1million in coins, 64 bucks, and 267 hearts. I would like my game reinstated to where it stopped. I did not do anything to cause this to reset. (This happened twice on my iPhone with iOS 7). I have not officially entered a new chef name yet hoping BF can give me back my level so I can finish the game. Please help! As a side note. I contacted tech support when this happened on my iPhone and never heard back. Please help this time.

[Post New]by Kmckenica on Dec 1, 13 10:26 AM
My game keeps resetting back to the beginning! I was on level 40 and it reset to the very beginning. I then got back to level 6 and it reset to the beginning again.

I am playing on an iphone 5.

[Post New]by JenBen08 on Dec 3, 13 8:44 PM
Kmckenica wrote:My game keeps resetting back to the beginning! I was on level 40 and it reset to the very beginning. I then got back to level 6 and it reset to the beginning again.

I am playing on an iphone 5.

I had this same problem on my iPhone. I contacted customer support and they had me delete the game and reinstall it on my phone. I lost like 3 levels and most of my Halloween goodies but I wasn't back at the beginning. I'm not sure if it would work in your case, I didn't play when I started back over because I was too mad at loosing all the progress, but I guess maybe it couldn't hurt for you to try.

[Post New]by JenBen08 on Dec 3, 13 8:51 PM
Does anyone else's prep time seem much shorter? Recipes I had no trouble prepping before (short rib & pork buns for example) now seem like I make it in the nick of time to finish. A few times I even ran out of time on those and that has never happened before. I see that we're getting a 30% completion bonus on recipes we get three stars on during prep, is this the reason for the shortened prep time? I'm at a challenge where I need to get three stars for fried plantains and both times I ran out of time, it seems impossible to get all four fried in that time limit. And it's aggravating to have two of my pans tied up for such a long time.

Anyone notice this or know why?

[Post New]by emmie13 on Dec 4, 13 3:04 AM
I'm experiencing this as well!
Some recipes are impossible to get 3 stars on, Peking Duck is near impossible!

It's very frustrating as you say for the frying recipes, especially as once they are on the pan you have no control over the time it takes.

JenBen08 wrote:Does anyone else's prep time seem much shorter? Recipes I had no trouble prepping before (short rib & pork buns for example) now seem like I make it in the nick of time to finish. A few times I even ran out of time on those and that has never happened before. I see that we're getting a 30% completion bonus on recipes we get three stars on during prep, is this the reason for the shortened prep time? I'm at a challenge where I need to get three stars for fried plantains and both times I ran out of time, it seems impossible to get all four fried in that time limit. And it's aggravating to have two of my pans tied up for such a long time.

Anyone notice this or know why?

Nickyh2505
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Nickyh2505 on Dec 4, 13 11:33 AM
I noticed the shorter prep time this morning - thought I had just got incompetent overnight, so feel better now

I also seem to be getting fewer customers - my food is lasting longer. Anyone else find the same?

Edited on 12/04/2013 at 11:33:45 AM PST

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Dec 7, 13 10:27 AM
Yes, I noticed that shorter time too on a few different recipes. The fried plantains were the worst. I used to be able to do that one with no problem and now it's a struggle to get even two out of the pan before the time runs out. Once I didn't even get any of them out of there, and it's not like you can flip those before they the game lets you.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Dec 7, 13 11:16 AM
Okay, I just realized why the prep times are shorter. There is now a $9.99 boost you can purchase that adds five seconds to the prep times. They either don't want us to have too much time or they want to encourage us to buy the boost.
This makes me want to uninstall this game and never play it or any other game by Fugazo ever again

[Post New]by JenBen08 on Dec 8, 13 8:06 AM
mellowtraumatic wrote:Okay, I just realized why the prep times are shorter. There is now a $9.99 boost you can purchase that adds five seconds to the prep times. They either don't want us to have too much time or they want to encourage us to buy the boost.
This makes me want to uninstall this game and never play it or any other game by Fugazo ever again

I had the same thought, that it's just a ploy to make us buy the boost. With the fried plantains it's just ridiculous. If they want to make the prep time shorter fine, but don't cheat us by making the prep time shorter than the animations. Like the caramel peanuts, that one is basically all their game animation and we're left with one second left. If you miss a peanut on your first try you can run out of time.

If a game developer reads this - 17 seconds is too short of a time for the fried plantains. You could easily make it 20 seconds and I'm still not sure that would be enough time to get three stars. Maybe this is a temporary thing at least I'm hoping so. I already purchased a boost to cut the cooking time in half, I don't think I can justify buying a 5 second boost that I'm still not sure would be enough time to complete some of the recipes.

[Post New]by StephyStarfish on Dec 10, 13 7:16 PM
1. Agree with others regarding the shortened cooking times (for me, noticeably egg tarts, caramel peanuts, chili - previously could get 3 stars, now can only get 1-2) - really unfair if it's to try and get real money.
2. Why do customers get angry when you reinstate stowed counters, or just randomly get angry?
3. Not getting 10 hearts when getting 3 stars on a dish.
4. 'Lights' sometimes dim.
5. Game sometimes crashes and closes.

I play on an iPad 2 with iOS6.1.3.

Go to: