druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park technical issues here only

[Post New]by druishprin on Oct 19, 13 6:19 AM
Sheathing the sword. it cannot be done

Re:Post any Tales of Lagoona 2: Peril at Poseidon Park technical issues here only

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Oct 19, 13 9:14 PM
Where's the update for goodness sake?????? Have freeze problem like everyone else. Can't play. This is ridiculous.

[Post New]by annetopp on Oct 20, 13 2:07 AM
I can't get past "sheathing the sword" either. I only downloaded the game 19th Oct. Can you let us know if there is a fix on the way?
Cheers

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Oct 20, 13 3:51 AM
I've posted several messages on the developers website and they have not responded. Not very professional if you ask me.

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 4:01:27 AM PST

[Post New]by imlulu2 on Oct 22, 13 6:47 PM
Last week I wrote to CS about the technical problems I was having and in my email today they sent a game coupon. I don't want a coupon I want them to fix the game. I've tried everything available to fix AND NOTHING WORKS. I'm tired of paying for games that don't work.

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Oct 23, 13 6:41 AM
Just to let everyone know, they did release a strategy guide at the developer's website.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Oct 23, 13 5:15 PM
I really love this game and am determined to play it. I have found that my game freezes every time the dialogue comes up. The first dialogue balloon works then it freezes as the second dialogue balloon starts to come up.

My solution (frustrating as it is to have to restart continually) is to hit the Windows button which brings up the desktop and start menu. I keep moving the mouse around until it finally appears in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I right click on the taskbar which brings up the menu and click on task manager. I tell it to "end not", the end now window comes up and I click on "end now". Then I wait a few minutes and the game ends. I start it again and it works until another dialogue starts, then freezes again and I start the end now procedure all over again.

When I have to put an item in something with the gears, I sometimes have to keep trying all around the part with the gears. It eventually goes in.

Hope the fix it and issue an update!!!!!

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Oct 23, 13 6:26 PM
machamc wrote:I have found that my game freezes every time the dialogue comes up. The first dialogue balloon works then it freezes as the second dialogue balloon starts to come up.

Hi there,

I discovered that disabling the sound acceleration in DirectX before you play the game will stop the game from freezing.

Select "Start".
For Window XP selct "Run"
Type: dxdiag
Press the "Enter" key
Select the "Sound" tab
Slide the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" all the way to the left until it reads: "No Acceleration".
Press "Exit" and play the game.

Don't forget to slide it back after you finish playing.

Since "Big Fish Games" and the developer are not responding, that's all I can offer.

Edited on 10/24/2013 at 6:58:18 AM PST

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Oct 23, 13 9:29 PM
Rhysdux wrote:I can't drag the items that you're supposed to move around in the puppet packaging game. The items simply will not move.

I'm also annoyed that there is no menu button during the red puzzle piece mini-games, which means that I can't get out of the minigame to try and figure out how it works. The electrical circuit game is a complete mystery to me, and I need to check the strategy guide and a few walkthroughs. Also, I've received an IM more than once while in the middle of a mini-game---and I simply can't pause the mini-game or back out of it. I suppose that the game was not designed to pausing or leaving the mini-games--but I wish that it had been.

So glad that I'm not the only one who can't drag the items in the puppet packaging game! And also that I'm not the only one who wishes the electrical circuit game was a little less complex and that we could end or pause the mini-games without skipping them!

I think it's more annoying when it's a game that's so much fun to play like this one!

[Post New]by MarkAlan27 on Oct 25, 13 7:07 AM
Mirinah wrote:Select "Start".
For Window XP selct "Run"
Type: dxdiag
Press the "Enter" key
Select the "Sound" tab
Slide the "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" all the way to the left until it reads: "No Acceleration".
Press "Exit" and play the game.

You're amazing! Thank you for the help! I can now play my game again without anymore crashing! I appreciate your step-by-step instructions. It's too bad that BFG will not support this game. I wrote to their CS and they only sent me a scripted response after three days. They apparently have laid off most of their help, and the lowered the bandwidth of this site, it is so slow navigating here now. I miss the Chit-Chat forum posting upcoming games. But like everything in life, all good things must come to an end...

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Oct 25, 13 9:27 AM
MarkAlan27 wrote:I can now play my game again without anymore crashing!

Same here. Congratulations Mirinah. Your instructions did the trick. It must be a sound issue that's causing the game to lock up like that. I have not encountered any other problems so far, but at least I can actually play the game now. I also wrote their customer support and got a canned response that didn't answer my question whether there's a fix in the works.

Mirinah, you should see about getting a job in technical support.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 25, 13 4:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that there's an update for this game that should solve some of the issues that have been mentioned here. To find out more about installing that, just click HERE.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Kayhlan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Kayhlan on Oct 27, 13 7:24 AM
Hello BFGDeveron,
Thanks for the heads up on the game update. I'm sure I must have the new version, as I just now Downloaded Tales of Lagoona 2.
I don't know about any crashing, freezing or sound issues, but as soon as the game's main menu comes up, my display switches and I can only see a portion of anything in the game. I can't see all of the options screen nor the help screen, and as no exit buttons are visible, I have to close the game to escape from them. No Play button shows up on the Main Menu either.
I've tried manually changing the display settings in Windows 7 but nothing changes in-game.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? I purchased and loved Tales of Lagoona 1 and I would be terribly disappointed if I couldn't have Tales of Lagoona 2.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Kayhlan

[Post New]by HarvestHome on Oct 27, 13 2:46 PM
The screen saver in the game still crashes on the new version. Game froze after I collected everything in "The Mad House". Also there's a random glitch on the puzzle game with the seahorse and three treasure chest. Seahorse sometimes disappears or game freezes after you win all three chests and you collect nothing.

Edited on 10/27/2013 at 3:37:50 PM PST

Lajlaj
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lajlaj on Oct 28, 13 5:28 AM
Imberis wrote:
silvereagle wrote:Have a strange one, Played the game for full time and bought the game and went to play again and it tells me that "Insert disk in drive D exe failure", never had this before and have to restrart to actually close the game. Help please

Same here. It won't even allow task manager to do its work. Does the fact that the game is 32 bits have anything to do with this?

I'm having the same problem! The demo worked fine, but after I bought the game and tried to play it, I got this error.

Edit: Seriously? I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and now I get an access violation message.

Yep.

[Post New]by Croaton on Oct 29, 13 9:30 AM
After update, this game still does not keep the identity and does not save when I try to exit,so play all time the same levels! Any idea or solution?

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re: 4th block puzzle game won't accept the solution

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Oct 31, 13 8:19 PM
I have already done the update, and I still can not get the 4th block puzzle to accept the solution; so I still have to skip this puzzle. Are there any fixes for this?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Nov 2, 13 3:30 PM
Croaton wrote:After update, this game still does not keep the identity and does not save when I try to exit,so play all time the same levels! Any idea or solution?

I have this same problem, the game does not save player profile. This means that I cannot progress in the game at all.
I downloaded the game today, so I should have the new version.

Access Violation Error

[Post New]by sheldon1013 on Nov 6, 13 8:33 PM
I just downloaded the game this evening and I'm unable to even play it due to a ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR that appears when I hit "Play". Any suggestions?

[Post New]by HarvestHome on Nov 7, 13 9:28 AM
There's even more lock-ups and new problems since the update. It's too bad, because it really is a nice game buried somewhere beneath the bugs and glitches.

Go to: