sam1am07
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Characters Staying in Place

[Post New]by sam1am07 on Oct 23, 13 1:38 PM
I am having the same problem as a few of the others who have posted on here. My workers will just continue the motion and not take anything to the cellar or they just walk in place. Driving me batty! I tried reinstalling the game but it made no difference. I think I'll quit the game for now until someone gets the gliches out...or I, too, would like my money back.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post any The Happy Hereafter technical issues here!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 23, 13 3:23 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about these issues in your games.

If you're experiencing issues with parts of the game not acting as they should, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game to ensure that everything has downloaded correctly.

If you're experiencing display issues, or if your game is crashing or freezing, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer to make sure everything is communicating as well as possible.

If these don't seem to help, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer some more specialized suggestions. This will also allow us to collect data about the game to escalate to the developer if need-be.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Gembirdie
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Gembirdie on Oct 23, 13 6:37 PM
Is there anybody who has played this game without trouble???

It's easy to say "re-install the game, update your cards" etc. Maybe it really IS the game that has trouble, have you ever thought of that?

I've enjoyed the game so far, in spite of it freezing for a couple seconds 2-3 times per minute, but I think the more characters you have, the worse the problems get. Now I have 20 characters and they are stuck everywhere and aren't able to get their jobs done anymore. So I think maybe - just maybe - it's possible to finish the game if you stay with a minimum crew to do the tasks.

By the way - who ever thought that mindlessly doing assigned tasks was fun? Why can't we find out ourselves what needs to be done, and when, and how? That would at least require some THINKING! And that's why I'm doing games, for one.

So I'm pretty disappointed. I'll give the game another try with a minimum amount of characters, as I said, but it's really lacking in quality in spite of its cuteness...

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 24, 13 1:33 PM
Gembirdie, we're limited with the support we can offer here in the forums, as we don't have insight into the specifics of user systems. This is why we offer basic troubleshooting steps that often help. If they don't solve the problem, they do help rule out specific steps when contacting our Tech Support Team, which saves time.

If there is a problem in the game, trying basic troubleshooting steps also helps us with investigating and finding those issues.

I hope this helps clear things up!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by goldenpeaches on Oct 25, 13 3:15 AM
tiggerboi1978 wrote:I played the game for a few hours without issue, but then I closed the game and restarted it the next day. I got a message that my game save data was corrupt and i lost all my progress and had to start over. So i did and now I purchased a new guest and the coach keeps bringing the same guest over and over even when I assign him a task like farming he disappears every few minutes when the coach shows up. Looks like I need to start over again..... NOT.

I am having the same problem with the data being 'corrupt'. It's happened twice now when I've gotten to the same stage in the game. Pretty peeved off. It deletes the whole proile and I have to start again from the beginning.

Edited on 10/25/2013 at 3:15:55 AM PST

[Post New]by 870jewel on Oct 25, 13 9:52 PM
This game is full of issues, you can't play on your own you have to do what your told when your told if you don't the bridge can not be built to get ore. Game does not read warehouse upgrade 2 even though I have already done that. I have had to restart this game 4 times because the guys keep freezing and if they are doing a task they never take anything to the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I try to play it it something new. I am done with this stupid waste of time.

[Post New]by barbershoptenor on Oct 28, 13 2:04 PM
I've encountered two problems, one of which keeps me from progressing further in the game. The first is that the game lags like crazy when the screen is over any part of the town square. I've got the detail all the way down to fast. I've taken to carefully approaching the square from the edge, and trying not to cross it.

The second issue is with the farms. Early on, the characters became unable to do anything beyond planting at the farm, they just stand there though their status says they're busy, thus I cannot harvest anything. I was able to get around it by using the circus to keep my people happy, and harvesting mushrooms for the food. That worked until I had to make specific dishes for the leprechaun. Since I can't grow the food I need, I can't progress further.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 29, 13 8:51 AM
Will they ever update this game. I have restarted it twice and run into the same problems plus a few more. I now have a guy that is in a part that is not open and i cannot get him out. The first game I did what I was suppose to do but the tree would not move. I give up!!

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Game slows down and people "walking" in place

[Post New]by emerance on Oct 29, 13 11:15 AM
I'm pretty far into the game, and it's definitely slowing down. And the more people I have (currently 24), the more they walk in place. Even in the farms! They're not working in the field, just stand-walking. I think I'll need to uninstall and restart it, based on a lot of comments I've seen here on the forum.

Could BigFishGames please provide a patch for this game soon???????

[Post New]by Tohrmentt on Oct 29, 13 11:21 AM
I'm now on my 3rd and hopefully last restart of this game. I started it as a trial and had no issues with it. I purchased it since I love these kind of games and they dont come around too often. I played until the part where it asks you to upgrade your warehouse to lvl 2 and like so many others here I had prematurely upgraded mine and couldn't complete the quest and had to start over. Now this time I gritted my teeth and didn't build anything until I was prompted and still have been enjoying the game even though I felt I was being restricted by not building things until asked. Last night I went to turn in a quest and my game froze as soon as I clicked on the quest. It was late so I waited till today to try it again and after 5 times of starting the game and running it, even completing other actions and quests before touching that one, it still freezes the game the second I click that quest. I'm now going to reinstall and start over for the 3rd time and hope this time I can play through. This is the first bfg that has ever given me any trouble and its disappointing because this game seemed like it was going to be really fun

covan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by covan on Oct 29, 13 12:24 PM
I agree! With all the possible configurations of computers it's easy to think that a reinstall or driver update would be the problem. However, since so many of us are having the same problem I tend to think it's the game. After all, I think we can be pretty certain that not all of us have the same system setup.

These problems are unfortunate because I like this type of game and we don't see many of them released here.

Gembirdie wrote:Is there anybody who has played this game without trouble???

It's easy to say "re-install the game, update your cards" etc. Maybe it really IS the game that has trouble, have you ever thought of that?

I've enjoyed the game so far, in spite of it freezing for a couple seconds 2-3 times per minute, but I think the more characters you have, the worse the problems get. Now I have 20 characters and they are stuck everywhere and aren't able to get their jobs done anymore. So I think maybe - just maybe - it's possible to finish the game if you stay with a minimum crew to do the tasks.

By the way - who ever thought that mindlessly doing assigned tasks was fun? Why can't we find out ourselves what needs to be done, and when, and how? That would at least require some THINKING! And that's why I'm doing games, for one.

So I'm pretty disappointed. I'll give the game another try with a minimum amount of characters, as I said, but it's really lacking in quality in spite of its cuteness...

[Post New]by misscosmos on Oct 29, 13 12:54 PM
I'm having issues with NPCs just standing at their tasks, stuck, or (in the cases of the saw mills and mines) just standing there doing the task and not bringing in the materials.

[Post New]by SkyQueen8888 on Oct 29, 13 5:33 PM
I am also having issues upgrading the warehouse to level 3. When is the bug going to be fixed? I put hours in getting to this point and now can't proceed any further I sure hope I didn't throw good money away.

[Post New]by lelila on Oct 31, 13 4:22 PM
I cant even start the to play the game, it gets though the developers then goes to a blank blue screen with music and a special cursor. and then it just keeps playing the music but nothing happens! everything is updated so I'm not sure what else I can do! I love this type of game and really want to play this one too.

[Post New]by sonpec on Nov 1, 13 7:36 PM
Love the game, but I can't even upgrade my trading post to lev. 2! I'm stuck with the circus lev. 3 and the trading post lev. 2 tasks, and cannot do any more. I have researched and made and upgraded as much as I can, and still cannot do any more. I made the mistake of upgrading before being asked to, so I guess I have no option to re-start. A little frustrating...

[Post New]by MintGirl on Nov 1, 13 11:39 PM
Surprisingly, I'm not having any of the issues others are having. Mine are few but unusual:

- The bald guy with the third eye never actually spawned in my game. This is my first restart due to the infamous warehouse issue. I still received his request for wooden skulls, however.

- I sold my saint els as I wanted some quick extra cash and had no use for them yet. Now the leprechaun wants some grog and I need them again. The only way to get more seems to be waiting for about half an hour and hoping the light knight guys spawn and attack. I believe that any commodity sold on the trading post should be available to buy as well.

- Lastly, one of the workers at the hotel asks for three moss eyes. I get to the point where I try to click the 'claim reward' button and it freezes my entire system. I used task manager to kill the process and tried running it as administrator (as this had happened several times) and it seems to have skipped/erased the quest altogether.

Otherwise a fun game. Although getting ahead of the quests and building preemptively should not break the game.

One other suggestion is for workers that default to 'free' status after a node (eg. eyeberries) is depleted, they should return to harvesting said node once it respawns.

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Nov 2, 13 7:59 AM
Warehouse 3 won't update. And the big tree doesn't move. This is my 2nd time through with the same problems. Please talk to the dev - there are too many of us having the same problems for the "answer" to be re-installing the game over and over.

msudean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msudean on Nov 3, 13 5:53 PM
I am stuck on the quest to do the circus show that requires 200 mana. I have collected like 400 mana and it still will not let me run this show.

I also can't figure out how to get Saint EI so I am totally stuck now because I can't do these 2 quests.

Wish I had read how many people were having issues before I bought the game yesterday :/

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on Nov 5, 13 7:51 PM
I absolutely love this game. The idea, the concept and the graphics. I WANT to finish this game. But the bugs are endless. I hate that in this game, I would rather wait out a fix for weeks than ask for a refund. But the bugs have been reported now since the day it was put out and nothing has changed.

Is this dev not able to fix it? Is the game better bought off the dev's site where it is getting fixed?

What is going on please? I want a refund at this point, because it's a game that can't be finished or even enjoyed. You either get stuck at a horrifying point after you've spent hours on it, or your entire profile is deleted without a word and you are forced to start over, also after spending hours on it.

I'm now on my 8th profile. I keep trying. I love this game that much, I keep trying.

Please put me out of my misery. Devs is a fix coming? BFG, I want a refund. I'll take one or the other, I'd prefer the former.

Edit: Sorry for not saying my errors, but they've all been reported. People walking in place not doing anything, mana not changing, can't move past quests because I upgraded out of order, profile getting deleted for being 'corrupt'. It gets way worse the farther I manage to get. Some profiles get farther, some don't make it far at all.

Edited on 11/05/2013 at 7:55:47 PM PST

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Nov 7, 13 12:11 PM
I want to second everything kimberly7777 said! BFG is where I go to escape all the crap in the real world, not waste my time with technical difficulties and starting my games over after hours of work to progress! HOW did this game get by QA in the first place? It is riddled with bugs that can't all be blamed on the systems and settings of the users. And even if that were the case, shouldn't the burden be on the devs to find a way around incompatibility issues or else choose not to market a faulty game? We pay them for their 'expertise' and have every right to expect it. I don't want to become a geek squad pro just so I can play a game for a few hours, and the one I have living in my home laughs at the 'pathetic excuses' we call games here in the fishpond as it is. You can bet his hard-core games don't have these glitches, and if they did, they wouldn't go unaddressed for days. My tolerance for faulty products is zero - my tolerance for companies that don't care that their products are faulty is less than zero.

I also would rather have a patch than a refund - this game has so much potential to be great. Is it too much to ask that the devs be taken to task by BFG for upsetting so many loyal customers? I understand BFG is limited, but they DO have the power to demand satisfaction or a group refund on behalf of their customers which far exceeds any influence we have individually. And I personally would like to hear anything other than the standard copy/paste response. This game BEGS to be fixed, but failing that, should be scrapped and a refund handed out to all.

What say you, my beloved BFG team?

Go to: