bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 3, 13 5:23 AM
Yes Stevie -san, I missed your reviews. Thanks for this one.

bgcaam79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bgcaam79 on Nov 3, 13 8:12 AM
I really enjoyed this game. So many layers and definitely worth the CE prize.
With the Extras I find it a bit difficult to figure out what to do in the menu, but maybe that's just me.

...thought the Disney Musical type singing was a bit over the top...

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Nov 3, 13 2:36 PM
Wow, wow wow!!!! Brilliant game, so different and so refreshing. Really enjoyed it. The different HOGs, the reminders to collect the roses and morphs were great,, as sometimes I get distracted and forget about collectibles. I cant wait for another game that will be of the same high standard. Wonderful job

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Nov 4, 13 4:57 PM

WOW!!!!!!! A++++++ This game was fantastic!! So unique in all the Hidden Object scenes & the games were all new-ish. I highly recommend this game before any other purchase!! I promise this game will not disappoint you. The bonus chapter was 17 pages long! I do not have one complaint on this game at all. So go on & buy & have fun!!!! Very, very please Fishie today! Thanks!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 4, 13 7:14 PM
MY GOODNESS...if this game does not earn an award, I would like to know why...awesome game...
I could/would (just pm me) but I didn't want to be repetitive in the accolades that this game has already been given.

WOW..it has been a while since I have played a game of this quality on BF.

Thank you and I have to tell you, it was one I savored to play! Is that the right way to say that?

I also want to say thanks for your outstanding gift to us that play these small' games, it showed a respect and your talent in what you have to offer.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 7, 13 8:38 AM
FANTASTIC Best game of 2013!

caseypup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by caseypup on Nov 12, 13 8:10 AM
I really don't understand all the hype for this game. I bought the CE based on the fantastic reviews and found it to be a really strange game. Granted, it has a lot of game play, but the story is just plain weird and a monster singing Opera Tunes, really? Just don't understand why everyone thinks this is the game of the year?? Am I missing something?

[Post New]by hrh_sophia on Nov 13, 13 10:26 PM
caseypup wrote:I really don't understand all the hype for this game. I bought the CE based on the fantastic reviews and found it to be a really strange game. Granted, it has a lot of game play, but the story is just plain weird and a monster singing Opera Tunes, really? Just don't understand why everyone thinks this is the game of the year?? Am I missing something?
ditto! the singing was the weirdest part of all for me.

but i did enjoy the puzzles and the hidden object games. also loved the additional contents! worth buying as a CE

quiltz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by quiltz on Nov 21, 13 2:34 PM
Absolutely a beautiful game!! The story is interesting, graphics amazing, and so much to see and do. I have to say it's one of the few games REALLY worth buying the CE!!! Give us more like this!!

I will definitely go on and play again, just so I can find those pesky morphs and maybe raise my score some. Thanks!!

quiltz

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 2:35:10 PM PST

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Nov 22, 13 1:15 PM
I finished the main game. Anyone see a theme here? I think this is a woman who had a career. Did not want baby! OMG! What to do? That is the premise. Anyone listening? With me?

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Nov 23, 13 6:41 AM
Fantastic game! I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a very long time. This dev really did a phenomenal job - even the music was lovely! I also loved the narrator's voice. The devs put so much quality into this game, and for me it was the right level of difficulty (in hard mode). My only complaint is having an achievement for finishing the game under 4 hours - why in the world would I want to rush through this stunning game??? I absolutely recommend the CE!!

[Post New]by leila777 on Nov 27, 13 1:34 AM
I would've done the same glowing review as is common here until I got tired of the same glaring flaw that's obviously built into the CE edition on purpose. Has anyone, ever, gotten to the bonus chapters, after the first one, in the 3rd section???!

I played 3 times, the last with fast skips on everything, and finding the roses is easy, finally got them all except two, where apparently you're supposed to look for them while the monster keeps banging your monitor (worst spot in an otherwise xlent game). Otherwise there's no explanation, the bonus chapters I paid for don't exist.

Crazy that you can't get in - I even completed the "rose picture" after finishing with only a couple left - you can do that, but it still won't open the nonexistent bonus chapters. I'd go to tech support, but it's clear enough that they just screwed anyone who doesn't replay enough times to find all the bleeping roses - well, I'm sick of the game now, and had been a huge fan of Mad Head as a new developer, but this stinks.

MaryLent is right too, I'd hoped for a bail out, but the theme/story just reeks.

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 2:15:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Muzzlefish on Nov 30, 13 4:39 PM
After completing over 150 games I've found there are certain things that are the same, over and over, However, I have to say this one is absolute genius! Loved the interactive HOGS - the unexpected methods of getting through doors - the use of items you find is even different from other games -- all of it is just the most fun I've had playing in a LONG time. GREAT JOB guys - more, more, more!

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 10, 13 2:39 PM
Well, I'm posting weeks after the last poster, but I've finally finished this game, putting about 9 hours into it after all the bonus game and mini chapters at the end, and this one's been the best. Many thanks to the Mad Head people!! The graphics are great, just the right amount of HOPs and other puzzles, and not too easy. The map was the best, being interactive as well as indicating where tasks needed to be done.

More than anything else, I was totally stinking thrilled with the fact that although I missed a number of the morphing objects and roses, I could go back directly into the scenes I missed and try again. This way I was able to get every single collectible in the game and that has NEVER happened before. Wow, just wow. In fact, there are a huge number of collectibles you can only get by going back. I still ended up with only 15 of the 24 achievements but I'm pretty chuffed about that anyway.

It was such a great game that I'm willing to forgive the fairy tales (which I hate) and the songs (which fortunately I'm almost too deaf to hear) and am just going to sit and drum my fingers until the next game arrives from these devs. Any time now, guys!

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Dec 11, 13 6:18 PM
Much like Sprattie, I am posting this long after the penultimate poster. But I realized that it might matter that I express just how much I LOVED this game, and have come to love this developer. Their last two games (this one and Rite of Passage) are that rarity for me: games I remember and want to play again, weeks or even months later.

This developer's games give me everything I am looking for, including the pluses that Sprattie mentioned. But mostly I think that I enjoy most the thought that obviously went into the narrative of the story.: of course, it is fantasy, but there is enough reality in the characters and their stories to make their storyline work for me . . . BIG TIME.

Or maybe it is the humor contained within the dialogue. Or the beautiful artwork. Or the perfectly drawn/voiced/involved characters like the Voodoo/Island woman.

I could go on and on, but will simply say that while there are other developers that I enjoy, the makers of this game are my favorite.

Can't wait for what they show me next, as it seems to me that they are "developing" themselves, as they "develop" games for us to play and enjoy: each one is even better than the last.

All I want for Christmas is the promise of another game from this group.

[Post New]by leila777 on Dec 16, 13 11:59 PM
I just want to let everyone know how great Mad Head really is; I couldn't figure out how to unlock the hidden chapters, somehow the roses being puzzle pieces just bamfoozled me. BF had already given me a refund, and even though I asked and sent screenshots, nothing for figuring it out - in all fairness, they can't know how a zillion games work.

So I asked Mad Head directly, and they asked for my screenshots and got me straightened out, right away. As though making such outstanding, honestly amazing games isn't enough, they're really nice too.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Dec 31, 13 10:16 PM
Based on the demo:

I guess this is just the type of game I am looking for. Can no longer tolerate the dark, gloomy, monster games that I did in the past. I played on the easiest mode, and found it challenging. The total new take on Hidden Object Scenes and Puzzles was a delight. Some things I just overlooked, as the face change on the man who left the baby at the door - but who really can resist an opening like that! Then be led into a totally beautiful, delightful, and different game - well that doesn't happen very often.

The pros far, far, far outweigh any negatives in this game, to the point you don't even pay any attention to them. So many great reviews, I don't think I need to say any more. Those that love the dark and gloomy will not like this game, but there are plenty of games for them. On the other hand, there are not many of this calibre of game for those of us who like the light and fun to play games. To each his own.

A definite buy as a CE, too - and I never buy CE's!

Well, I guess it is January 1, 2014! Happy New Year to all the fishes here and on other sites (although we miss you desperately). Have a great year, and may all your wishes come true! My wish, as always, is for peace , here, there and everywhere. Although I am not stupid enough to think it will ever happen, It is always my wish.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Feb 16, 14 5:37 PM
I know I'm late to this party, but WOW!!! I think this ranks as my all time favourite HO game so far. Stunning graphics, a great story and so much bang for your buck!! I do love games where you have to collect stuff as you go, and this has morphs too. I really do think Mad Head have raised the bar so far as HO games go. All collectors editions should be this good, they cost a lot more, yet so many just offer extra wallpapers and not much else. I cannot WAIT for their next game!!

Go to: