Celia3C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by Celia3C on Oct 29, 13 12:23 PM
I am playing this game on a Macbook Pro OS X Version 10.7.5. Nothing in this game will not respond to my touch pad--I have to click (which I rarely have to use with this computer) to get anything to happen, usually more than once. I can use my touchpad if I lightly touch it 4 or 5 times to get to the location, but that is it. Then the cursor usually zooms off the screen and the hand still doesn't pick up. This looks like a great game to play, but it was too frustrating and noisy to keep clicking. Maybe I'm spoiled, I know I would be "clicking" if I had a PC with a mouse, but that's a heck of a lot quieter than this Macbook and makes me worry about wearing out the touchpad with all the clicking. Can you help?

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by bonggamer on Oct 29, 13 11:35 PM
so the response from Tech Support is that if you have a Mac with the 4000 graphic card then the game won't play. Many of us went through this with Elephant games - so I guess we just have to wait to see if this gets resolved sooner rather than later!

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by girlwonder on Oct 29, 13 11:51 PM
Harleigh555 wrote:Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Help I am unable to proceed what do I do.

Here is how I solved the problem of using the whetstone on the chisel. When you come to the cottage in chapter 7, instead of sharpening the chisel with the whetstone first, sharpen the garden shears and trim the vines. I did this and the whetstone stayed in inventory to use inside the cottage on the chisel. Evidently this part of the game is linear and you have to sharpen the garden shears 1st, before moving on to the chisel inside the cottage.

[Post New]by Rawr_A_Sarus on Oct 30, 13 1:18 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

If your game is crashing or you are experiencing display issues, it's possible your computer could use an update so that it communicates more smoothly with the game. You can find out more about that <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">HERE</a>.

If you're having trouble downloading or activating the game, <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/536/kw/download">HERE</a> is a help article with some suggestion to solve common issues.

If you are having trouble in the game with items disappearing or the game not acting as it should, I'd recommend <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a>, to ensure that all of the files are downloaded correctly.

If these suggestions don't help, the next step would be to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> so our Reps can offer more specialized suggestions to help sort things out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Thanks for the advise but I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the game and still cannot proceed any further the item did not return and the hints still say the same thing in every scene.... nothing to do here.

Am still waiting on reply from customer service re this issue so I am still stuck .

Thanks

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 30, 13 6:34 AM
Come on Big Fish - we've been waiting for several days here. Please fix and update!

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Oct 30, 13 5:52 PM
securefed wrote:When attempting to launch the game, I am getting the error message: "An error occurred while initializing the game. Please update your graphics driver and try again."

It would have been helpful if it had given me a hint as to what program they are talking about - Flash Player (updated earlier this month) or something else.

I am running Windows Vista.

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Oct 30, 13 5:58 PM
I am certainly glad I am not the only one having trouble with this game, I get the "update your graphics driver" I have had everything checked and my graphics driver is updated!

Big Fish I really enjoy your games but this is the second game that has given me issues. May I suggest before posting out the new games have a test run because it become sickening when you do all you can and it still does not work!

Thank you

Reba7
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Reba7 on Oct 31, 13 8:08 PM
Hello, ok when I start up the game it has black lines going across it. You know like in the old days when tv didn't come in and you had to move the rabbit ears. How do I play the game like that? I can't. So is there a fix for this yet?
I am running ie11
Thank you for all your hard work behind the scenes.

Edited on 11/02/2013 at 5:26:31 AM PST

[Post New]by fluffhammer on Nov 1, 13 7:28 PM
jlbaughn1 wrote:Same thing happened to me. Used it on the chisel before using on the garden shears and it disappeared from the inventory. Can't finish game. It had to be on Chapter 7 too, right before the bonus chapter. I contacted tech support and did a Dr. Felix attachment. Hope they fix this, loved the game.

And me, also. There's no way to go back and re-do in a different order so as to sharpen the garden shears first. I even tried changing the difficulty levels - thinking an easier level might give me back the whetstone. This is indeed most demoralising.

[Post New]by gelahope on Nov 2, 13 3:40 PM
I'm having problems with the HOPs. When you go to replay them from the extra, some of them have objects in the way that won't allow you to see the original scene. For example, in Jack's basement.. When you play the HOP the first time in the story, it brings the vase-thing front and center of the screen so you can see the magic beans inside... then when you do the HOP again from the extras book, the vase is still in the way so you can't see the original objects that were behind it. It is also like that in another one but I can't remember which right now....

If that could be fixed, that'd be great. Love the game, though.

[Post New]by katkrasulak on Nov 2, 13 7:50 PM
Is any one having trouble with seen where you have to put the record on the gramophone and it tells a story it keeps freezing up and you cant play it

[Post New]by xevilknievelx on Nov 2, 13 11:23 PM
I literally just got myself stuck with the whetstone issue as well. As soon as I used it on the chisel first, I realized I should have used it on the gardening shear. Now I'm stuck!! BIG FISH. PLEASE FIX THIS.

What a waste of 2 credits I don't feel like playing through the ENTIRE thing if I'm already at the end of the game...

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmhetman on Nov 3, 13 6:17 AM
katkrasulak wrote:Is any one having trouble with seen where you have to put the record on the gramophone and it tells a story it keeps freezing up and you cant play it

Stada
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Stada on Nov 3, 13 3:28 PM

Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

I have deleted the game and downloaded it again...still no change.. the whetstone is gone. Can see it on the table in the box but can't access it. I found other people in the forum with the same problem The tool should stay accessible in the inventory so it is a glitch in the game. I am running Windows 7 and have never had a problem downloading or using a game. Perhaps the people that had no problem are the people that utilized the tool correctly and not out of turn, as I did and other people as well. Anyway, I contacted cust. support this morning and sent an email, so I will be waiting for an answer.

Technical issue with the Whetstone

[Post New]by nursejenn2000 on Nov 3, 13 6:52 PM
This happened to me as well.
Harleigh555 wrote:Right I have played the game almost to the end (thoroughly enjoying it) and now the whetstone, which I used first on the chisel has gone from my inventory but I still need it for the garden shears.

Edited on 11/03/2013 at 6:53:25 PM PST

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Whet stone disappeared

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Nov 4, 13 4:28 AM
Cannot continue the game. Used the whetstone to sharpen the chisel after which it disappeared. I still need it to sharpen the garden shears and am stuck now. Any ideas?

Mad Head Games told me to report this bug in this forum (INCLUDES POTENTIAL SPOILER)

[Post New]by bfeinstein on Nov 4, 13 6:31 AM
I encountered a possible bug in the Mac CE version of the game and sent an email to Mad Head. Nenad Tomic replied that it is likely a bug and to report it in this forum.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

The bug occurs in the bonus content. I have left the mirror scene in the catacombs where I have placed the 8 hearts. According to the strategy guide I should now have the "Orb of Love." This is not in my inventory. It is not in the temple. I cannot reenter the mirror. The hint system is pointing to a torch on the wall of the catacombs that does nothing. My inventory is also empty as I had placed all of the other orbs in the temple. This is an apparent bug.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 4, 13 8:10 AM
I'm having a hard time picking up items in the Voodooine's hut. Also, the hint button sometimes doesn't work in that scene.

unit
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Voodoo HutRe:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Onl

[Post New]by unit on Nov 5, 13 4:17 PM
I was going along pretty smoothly, with some video issues, until I got to the Voodoo Hut. Everything came to a screeching halt, and I have to close the program using Windows Task Manager. : (
Would have loved to have finished.

[Post New]by viksjc on Nov 6, 13 4:01 AM
Having the exact same problem? What a waste of money

chm4949 wrote:
nehmah wrote:When loading the screen had streaks of black ribbons across. The only way to use the game is with a small screen. Is this supposed to be played on a hand-held device? When I tried to play on the smaller screen, the game shut down. Nehmah

I was having the exact same problem whenever there was a "video" running in the game. The rest of the game performed properly. I went online and updated my video drivers and now I no longer have the black ribbons during the video sequences. I hope this can be a possible fix for the others who were having the same problem. I have now purchased the game!

Go to: