Uh oh game crashing

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

Re:Uh oh game crashing

[Post New]by Frogmort on Oct 31, 13 12:47 PM
Still crashing, just as well I have lots to do.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Oct 31, 13 1:07 PM
Out of curiosity, does the Facebook version stay available while all these problems are going on with iOS and PC?

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Oct 31, 13 1:11 PM
Do you mean launching the app via Facebook? If so, I tried that, no joy!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 31, 13 1:16 PM
Does it ever play via Facebook? I thought it just connected to it (for the people), but did not actually run on FB.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 31, 13 1:25 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in for an update. We believe the issue has been pin-pointed now, so we hope to have the game back up and running for you soon!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Oct 31, 13 1:32 PM
Oh I so wanted to play on Halloween, but I Must go to bed. So sorry BFG, so sorry Dark Manor .... It's the first time you have let me down, but I can't wait any longer... Such a disappointment , shame about the gold . At lest I've kept my money!

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Oct 31, 13 1:36 PM
GilGalad2 wrote:Do you mean launching the app via Facebook? If so, I tried that, no joy!
Yes, I wondered if that would be different -- evidently not ...

[Post New]by 1Spoodledame on Oct 31, 13 1:43 PM
Still stuck, nothing happening, going to bed. SO DISAPPOINTED.

Em6980
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Em6980 on Oct 31, 13 1:53 PM
Still crashing for me . . . Anyone else having any luck?

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Oct 31, 13 2:50 PM
No luck here, and got respons from CS who says to take a break from the game, and try it every day a few times for the next week .....

This is the respons, including respons on taking away the burning stake.
I am FURIOUS about the stake. They don't have any idea, I guess, how many of them we already have exchanged. And still saying we wouldn't be able to send and receive them ....they should take a look of my manor!!!

First, the burning stake item was accidentally released in our latest update - it's just not ready to be added to the game, so that's why it has been removed. It'll be a gift for a premium scene for chapter 11 which is why you won't receive it if it's sent to you - the game won't allow it to be given, as it doesn't exist like it should. Chapter 11 has not been released just yet, which means anything you see for that chapter does not function in the game. The item is not available until players reach level 45, and players giving it out to other players under that level will not be able to accept it, as the item should not have been released. My apologies for any trouble this caused. As for the crashing - since your email, we've discovered that some players are experiencing crashes with this and some other games that use our servers to function. It looks like a piece of code isn't working like it should. We've identified what's causing that crashing issue, and are currently working on a fix. I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to provide an exact time or date for when that fix will be applied, but I know the developers are working overtime to get it out as soon as possible. I recommend taking a break for a bit, then returning to the game once every day for the next week or so to see if the issue has been resolved. Since the fix is on the server, the good news is that you won't have to download any updates from iTunes - it'll automatically apply when you reopen the game.

Now, this proves the "instability" of my inbox, not being able to collect pending PREMIUM gifts my friends have paid a fortune for, for the last 2 days wasn't a bug, IT WAS INTENTIONAL. They can just do this, apparently.
~~~ UNACCEPTABLE !!! ~~~ they are thiefs!

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 3:01:00 PM PST

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Oct 31, 13 4:34 PM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in for an update. We believe the issue has been pin-pointed now, so we hope to have the game back up and running for you soon!

bfgDeveron

Ooh, how happy I WAS when I saw this message ...
I really always appreciate to hear something from you.
Unfortunately, my hope didn't last very long ....

But, been pin-pointed? Why is DM on FB still doing an inventory by asking people which iOS version they're playing? DM says, they THINK the issue is related to iOS6, while there are as much as iOS7 players having the same issues as iOS6 players.

And, besides that, why is Customer Support giving the advice to take a break from the game, and letting us TRY to get in the next week, every day a couple of times?

Now, THAT is a huge difference from what you just said, bfgDeveron, isn't it?

Why is that, that those 3 information-sources (forum-facebook-customer support) are all 3 saying something different?

Weird.

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 4:36:07 PM PST

Fredericka2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Fredericka2 on Oct 31, 13 5:00 PM
I'm running an ipad2 with ios7.03, was working fine yesterday morning, I can't believe they're suggesting this could take a week to resolve! We should get some serious compensation if that's the case.....

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Oct 31, 13 5:01 PM
I'm playing iOS 7 and I can't get in.
More precisely 7.0.3 on iPad2.

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 5:01:56 PM PST

mjpi
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mjpi on Oct 31, 13 5:11 PM
iOS 6.1.3 on iPhone, and no problems here--at least apart from the usual (for me) 2-3 times daily crashes, but I get right back in after those.

Hope everyone who is locked out gets back in soon--how frustrating!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 31, 13 6:38 PM
iOS 7 on iPad and Win 8.1 on PC -- no problems on either.

Is this just happening in Europe by any chance or are others in the US being affected? I live in Southern California which is roughly 1250 miles from Seattle, but puts me relatively close to BFG...

Also, clearly something happened yesterday to cause this. Why don't they have a backup or a restore point so that they can get rid of whatever it was, let people play, and they can figure out what the issue is, while NOT affecting players???

RRT20000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RRT20000 on Oct 31, 13 6:45 PM
I was happily playing last night but no luck this morning. I am in Canada

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 31, 13 6:59 PM
This is just strange. I have had no break in service, no crashes, nothing - on either PC or iOS - played last night 'til almost midnight, then back on to check stuff and collect silver at about 7:30AM. No problems at all. Strange...

RRT20000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by RRT20000 on Oct 31, 13 7:03 PM
Yup, SUPER sad for me

Fredericka2
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Fredericka2 on Oct 31, 13 7:27 PM
I'm in Australia and I first noticed it last night (Thursday) about 6pm, its Friday morning here now.

[Post New]by MissCuddleFish on Oct 31, 13 7:42 PM
I play on a pc and since last night it started freezing up and I keep getting this access violation and code 809. I don't have any other game playing. I usually never have problems like this. Let's hope they find the problem soon. I too am hooked on this game now.

Please DM techies ... hurry and find the problem! My machines running, my walkers are walking around aimlessly and my gifts are just sitting there waiting to be given.

Go to: