229 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 3, 13 1:50 AM
MLC60

Thank you for your opinion!

Disbeliever

Thank you for review and advices!

voiceofreason

We do this because some achievements can be a spoiler about story and gameplay.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 3, 13 1:55 AM
orphaned

About question - "how long is the game" - it's different for players. But game is not too short

angelofmusic62

Thank you for this post. We take into account your opinion.

bbelle

Great! Thank you and happy gaming!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 3, 13 1:57 AM
Sirocco

Thank you for comments, it's helpfull to us to hear our players.

tictacsix

It's so nice that you noted this little feature!

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Nov 3, 13 4:34 AM
Thanks to Blam ,

Love your games ,as I own a lot of them.And now i'm off to buy this one.
It's so nice to have you care this much as to how your customers feel about your games that you come in and talk to us and listen.This is why you are at the top of my list.Thanks again.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 3, 13 4:49 AM
gamblebug

We make our game for our players! Thank you for nice words!
Have fun!

voiceofreason
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by voiceofreason on Nov 3, 13 7:55 AM
BlamDev wrote:MLC60

Thank you for your opinion!

Disbeliever

Thank you for review and advices!

voiceofreason

We do this because some achievements can be a spoiler about story and gameplay.

Thank you for the response.

IMHO following the game through and meeting various people is not an achievement, as we have to meet them to progress in the game.
Could I suggest that, the HOG and puzzle achievements be shown? The other ones would not spoil the game for me, as I forget about those until I meet them.

I am not criticising Blam, I can see the work that goes into your games but I am not the only person that gets frustrated with achievements like this.

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Nov 3, 13 3:14 PM
Hello Blam!

I'm loving this game! Had a small problem tho. I sent David off in the boat before picking up the pan AND the prop and now the boat is smashed to smithereens and there is no prop to be found. I seem to need it for the stone. Totally my fault but now I must start all over and remember not to do that again. Some games will stop you from making mistakes like that. Thanks for a really nice game!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 3, 13 4:26 PM
Hi Blamdevs!

I just wanted you to know I have some real compliments for you on your games and the art work....BUT....
I ALSO have some "wouldn't it be ever so nice" additions.
I will go to the Dev thread.

I would like to see the achievements AND the Bestiary available without having to exit to the main menu.

I suppose I should be grateful the map allows for navigation, but I wish it was larger and easier to see....and that it had some function to let us know if we picked up the "collectible" object.
I thought I had them all.....discovered I didn't and there is no way of going back past the section I just started to look for it.

It made me stop looking for the bells.....which I am finding hard to see in the first place.
Oh.....and kudos to any developer (IMHO) who let you know..."In Scene" if there is a collectible....or at least, "In Map".

Those of us with either vision problems or who have carpal tunnel RSI injuries to watch out for, really need things like that.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 3, 13 10:26 PM
Hello cpatten1!

So sorry about this issue...

Hi tookat!

Thank yuo for your opinion - we thinking about additions in our new games.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 3, 13 11:24 PM
Oh...and Blamfolks
I never did tell you how much I have been liking your games lately.
They are some of my favorites that I have played...and ok, maybe this will sound like a back handed compliment, but I think you could win a "game company with the most game improvements" award for this year!

one thing you might do also....is put a link in your menu front page to "other games"...that often decides me when I am choosing whether to download a demo or not. In your case, it was the bundle sale...and when I saw how many of the games I totally loved, I didn't even bother with playing the demo!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 4, 13 12:08 AM
tookat

Thank you very much

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Nov 4, 13 4:08 AM
when are you going to fix the freezing issue, as yet I still cannot enjoy the game because everytime I try to re-enter workshope it freezes and can only get out of the game using task manager................

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 4, 13 5:17 AM
Hi suze14!

So sorry for technical issues - we do our best to fix this as soon as possible!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 4, 13 5:19 AM
Hi again Blam!,

I finished the game a little while ago and found it delightful! I liked everything about it pretty much but what really impressed me was the fact that you took the time to add lovely details for us to find out. As another player already mentioned, the cocoon transforming gradually into a butterfly was beautiful and imaginative and I absolutely loved it each time the tree bark went away to reveal locations on the map. Details like the bellflowers tinkling when touched or how the eyes of the tree people were blinking, show the amount of care you must have put into this game. At least for me. I also enjoyed the funny moments like when we had to call 911 in the phone booth! I mean, this was indeed a humorous touch, wasn't it?

The only issue I had was a small delay when changing locations. Oh, and although I really liked the music, as always with your games, I think that from one point after it became a little repetitive. But those weren't reasons enough to make me like the game any less.

So, kudos from me and keep up the great work!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 4, 13 5:51 AM
Hi tammytheo!

Thank you for awesome words!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 4, 13 6:50 AM
My pleasure!

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 4, 13 8:49 AM
Thank you for not making us dress the raccoon

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 4, 13 8:55 AM
MsNetty61

We think that it not interesting feature for our game

[Post New]by easyflaliving on Nov 4, 13 12:15 PM
As other players have mentioned, this game is a delight to play. However, as mentioned before, the game freezes when I try to re enter the workshop. I would love to finish this game. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games/ Missing Tin Soldier

[Post New]by Sirocco on Nov 4, 13 3:37 PM
Hi Blam Devs, not sure if you advise or not. Somehow I appear to have not collected one of the 5 tin soldiers although checking the strategy guide and revisiting the relevant places in the game I appear to have done everything so maybe I just didn't see it and pick it up??? and now all those areas are closed. My question is do I have to go back to the beginning?

If so it would be much better if game areas stayed open until all the required actions have been completed so that one can return and repair one's mistake. I am now worried about the prop? what prop?
I certainly didn't find one before the chap went off in the boat. The problem with this kind of thing is if I don't know I need to find a prop then How will I know not to send out the boat before I find it.
This is an annoyance I have found in some games ( can't remember which ones) and relates back to my original comment on keeping game areas open until they are complete which most games allow. Am I hooped on the prop???
I am still having fun but I loathe going back to the beginning it is a real turn off. Here's hoping!

Go to: