Feedback with Blam! Games

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 16, 13 12:49 PM
I love this game! I am a big fan of 'gumshoe' type hero/heroine so everything about this game is a delight! What a wonderful treat to find a 'dev' on hand to relate to! I am buying this game now, after finishing the trial, and can't wait to get started. And like others have said, it is really nice to see game developers who really care about what we like or don't like.

Our opinions do matter and I thank you so much for being here!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Nov 16, 13 1:14 PM
I have completed your game and I have put my thoughts here on the review thread. I'm also submitting a review to the main page but that won't show up until sometime tomorrow!

ETA: I guess I need to be more clear in my review as it was brought to my attention about the black bar tips. Yes during the demo I would see text at the top that would say something like "I really thought that would work" or something like that. I can't recall now how it was worded exactly. I don't consider that black bar tips. But what I do consider black bar tips and what was happening after the demo time is when I was told what I needed to do. Once again just an example since I can't recall now but if you go to do something and tells you that you need a key, a screwdriver, etc.. Again just an example here. As I also said it didn't happen every time but enough for me to notice it.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 3:15:43 PM PST

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Nov 16, 13 1:26 PM
I enjoyed the demo very much and am so happy it came in time for the sale this weekend as I am anxious to buy and keep playing. The detective theme is great and you have definitely done a great job of keeping it fun. I will say I agree with a couple of people who mentioned mixing up the hidden object scenes with silouettes or other styles as that is always on my list of things that make a great game even better. Either that or I loved it when we had the option on a game to switch the hidden object scenes to a jigsaw puzzle. Just thought I would mention things I love in hopes you might include in a future game. This game is really fun and I am off to buy.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Nov 16, 13 4:12 PM
Loved this game, what a refreshing change from monsters, caves and crystals! I will certainly buy the next game from Blam! Games, if the quality of this one is anything to go by. I usually get bored, and go back to games later, but this one had me hooked all night. Well worth the purchase price! More games of this calibre please

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Nov 16, 13 4:52 PM
Wow, I think this is a first for any game - at this point there are 43 feedback replies, 11 reviews and 0 technical issues. When was the last time we had a game where no one had any technical issues? Amazing! I'm playing on a Mac and this game is completely Mac-friendly with no sprained-index-finger issues or right-clicking of puzzles. I've completed the demo and encountered good puzzles, fair HOs and decent graphics, along with a straightforward storyline, realistic dialogue and real-looking people.

I had a bad moment at the beginning of the demo when I had to give a toy to a ferret, but he didn't talk to me, light a fire, or need clothing, so I calmed down quickly and didn't flip out. (I hate those hideous, insidious "helpers"!)

Like so many others, I love stories set in the 20s and 30s along with the clothing, cars, decorating and architecture of those times, and they seemed well-done here. The characters did speak like they came from the early part of the century too, and there were no spelling or grammatical errors during the demo (that has to be a first, too.)

Well done, devs! This will be a buy for me.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Nov 16, 13 4:57 PM
hello, blamdev!

i did enjoy this game and will certainly purchase the SE. can't really afford CEs right now, even with the sale. problem is, i don't have a second CE that i liked well enough to purchase! most of the CEs lately have all been in the fantasy genre which i'm pretty much sick of.

i was happy to see that the demo was fairly anachronism-free... there was a blister pack of pills in one HOS... i smiled at that... no blister packs in the 30s!
and i spotted only one typo/grammatical error: the phrase is "cut and dried" not "cut and dry". but, pretty amazing dialogue and spelling all in all! good job!

i really like that you offer the custom difficulty option!
i like that the animals are not the focus and they do not require naming and clothing and all!
i like that you offer a grittier game for those who have tired of fantasy and fairy tales!

as someone else stated, i do wish that when the dialogue box comes up, we could click anywhere to speed things up... did NOT like having to specifically click "continue" at the bottom because when i did, and the dialogue box went away, it immediately opened up the inventory box, which i didn't need. a minor niggle, but nonetheless... wish that would change.

thanks for posting here and listening to us!

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 5:00:03 PM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 16, 13 5:10 PM
Dear Blam!:

Thank you once more for never disappointing!! You are always a buy, no need to try, for me!!

Very original mini games - like puppet theatre and piano - outdone yourselves yet again.

Almost feels like am a detective a la Raymond Chandler or the film noire.
Or Sam(antha) Spade!! LOL!!

Do not do reviews - not that qualified - but instead do likes or dislikes - and I love!!

Thank you for another beautiful, fun and original game. Glad is the weekend as there is a big Do Not Disturb sign in place until am finished!!!

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 3:53:01 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 16, 13 7:15 PM
OK--I hope you don't mind a little criticism, but there is one thing
that is bugging me about the game.
I am playing on Hard Mode. The thing I do find annoying is that
when I click onto a scene (you know, when it turns into a magnifier)
up would come "I need to rethink that".
Rethink what? I am zooming in on a scene, nothing to rethink.
It just annoyed me to constantly have that happen.
Unfortunately, I notice (wish I didn't), and it is why I pick Hard Mode.
So I won't be nagged by the same words over and over.

Other than that, I like the game. Storyline is good and I like that its
crisp and clear.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 7:15:57 PM PST

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 2:11 AM
Hi minesita!

We hope this game is not short for you) Have fun!

nontechiegrannie

Thank you!

Hello gamblebug!

Thank you for playing our games! Have a great hollydays!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 2:38 AM
ladygem6

We always care about our players! Thank you for the nice words!

sportygal2009

Thank you for review!

Sept24

Thank you for advices! We'll use different HO scenes in other future games.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 2:46 AM
dippydebby

Big thank you!

Sprattie

It so nice that you like our game! Have a good weekends!

CathyCatfish

Thank you! We hope that you will have a lot of fun with SE version of the game.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 2:51 AM
orphaned

Wow! Big thank you for this words! You give inspiration for us!

luvtoread

Thank you for opinion. We always listen criticism from our players.

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Nov 17, 13 9:09 AM
I purchased this game after the demo. I love it. It's so nice to have a game of solving a crime in modern times instead of chasing monsters around castles.

The puzzles are challenging but not impossible, I'm stuck on one now but I know if I keep messing around with it I will solve it.

Please, let's have more of this type of game.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 11:07 AM
Anged

Thank you for review!
We have a plans to continue detectives games in future

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Nov 17, 13 12:01 PM
BlamDev wrote:

More from the 1930's or even 20's era I hope!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 17, 13 12:22 PM
"Hi minesita!

We hope this game is not short for you) Have fun!
"

Hi again BlamDev ,

I just finished the game, was long enough, the BC was integrated with the main game, and I had fun !

I didn't like to press "continue" all the dialogues, and so many HOS in the last half hour of the main game, and in the BC. (of course, is MHO).

Just is a very nice game, I'll wait for your next detective's game, and maybe more HOPA than HO.

BTW, now I'm playing Road of the kings, I didn't realize you were the Dev.

Happy Holidays ,
M.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 17, 13 2:46 PM
BlamDev wrote:Anged

Thank you for review!

I sure hope so, because I have not been purchasing games lately since they are too kid like and not challenging what so ever! It is good to know that there is a developer realizes that there are adults purchasing and playing games!

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 2:49:55 PM PST

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 17, 13 11:17 PM
sportygal2009

We do our best to create fun games for you

Hi minesita!

We are so happy that you like our game! We hope you will lile another our games
Thank you!

didersham

We make different games for all categories of our players.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 18, 13 12:24 AM
It's me again only this time I have played and finished the game and I absolutely loved it! I loved the whodunit story, the film noir style and I thought the way you have taken elements from different cultures and incorporated them in the game was simply exceptional. The art work was spectacular and... well, I loved everything about it and I enjoyed it tremendously from the very beginning to the very end! Oh, once more the music was great and I couldn't have imagined a more ideal theme to fit this fabulous game. Think I have a on your music director!

I really don't have the slightest negative comment about this game. Great work Blam! developers! Please, keep it up!

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Nov 18, 13 2:27 AM
This game was fantastic and I even liked the music. Thank you for a nice afternoon I had playing it.

Go to: