Annabel

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

Re:Annabel

[Post New]by GeeBee on Mar 13, 09 1:43 AM
We certainly have a lot of pros and cons for this game....guess I'll have to try the demo and see if it's something I'll enjoy or not....let you know later!

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 13, 09 1:51 AM
I cannot even play it, so contacted customer support.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 1:51 AM
BinLA wrote:

I didn't even make it through the entire hour!

<<<<<< Hands BinLa my extra airline barf bags. I seriously had a headache & almost after playing the demo last night. It took me 30 minutes afterwards to snap out of it.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 13, 09 1:56 AM
Scotcat - just played 20 minutes of it and headache arriving and eyes not seeing straight! Such a shame as really enjoying it. What we have to suffer for our art!!!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 13, 09 2:08 AM
Seriously now! But want to play it! Its like that last cocktail - you know you shouldn't but .........

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 13, 09 2:24 AM
Played the hour demo, and have a headache, the rooms wizz round too quick, but a good game, might get, will think about it.

Must go and rest my head.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 2:25 AM
catsholidayhome wrote:Scotcat - just played 20 minutes of it and headache arriving and eyes not seeing straight! Such a shame as really enjoying it. What we have to suffer for our art!!!

<<<<< Passes Catsholidayhome my bottle of aspirin.

Mummypops..... I know this doesn't help you right now, but it download for me Ok. The game remembered me from last night, so I could continue my journey where I left off which means 2 hours of free play time total. Oh joy.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 13, 09 2:28 AM
lol scotcat, I tried 3 times, Ist error message, 2 froze, 3 shut my comp down I give up

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 13, 09 2:29 AM
lol scotcat, I tried 3 times, Ist error message, 2 froze, 3 shut my comp down I give up

I got a headache from banging my head again a brick wall

Edited on 03/13/2009 at 2:30:19 AM PST

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 13, 09 2:31 AM
Whoooops now I am double posting, must need a lie down

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 2:36 AM
mummypops wrote:lol scotcat, I tried 3 times, Ist error message, 2 froze, 3 shut my comp down I give up

I got a headache from banging my head again a brick wall

LOLOL.... well, I'm happy to see you still have a sense of humor about it (so to speak). I can't figure out why the game won't work for you. So sorry. I hope BF support can help you. You didn't really want to toss your cookies tonight anyway, did you?

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 13, 09 2:41 AM
No I did not oh well onwards and upwards, enjoy your day Scotcat

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 13, 09 2:44 AM
I was doing pretty well until about the last 5 min. of the Demo when I noticed that I was getting dizzier than usual

I have played a lot of games in my time and a few that have this kind of movement so it really was not much of an issue til I noticed i was a little nauseous. Not a bad game, but i am saving my credit for "Lost in the City".

BTW, I have dizziness pills left over from a previous bout. Enjoy! Passes them around...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 13, 09 2:55 AM
I played the demo and bought the game. Enjoying it so far.

It is not giving me motion sickness lucky for me there. Sorry to those that are sufferering from that and cannot enjoy the game

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 13, 09 3:09 AM
Not a bad game, but i am saving my credit for "Lost in the City".

Same here. I hope it's a good one.

FlashKnockOut
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by FlashKnockOut on Mar 13, 09 3:54 AM
I liked that this game was in 3D and had no problem at all with the cam movement. I have played similar games before and I`m used to them. The game is a little to "easy" could have been more advanced puzzles. Ok game for me and I intend to buy it with a credit. The only thing I disliked was the voice acting.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 13, 09 3:54 AM
Well I was about to buy it.... but it crashed with an Access Violation, just as the first conversation with the person trapped in the sarcophagus ends (repeatable).

I may try re-installing, in case it's just a glitch in the install... otherwise, I'm going to have to wait a few hours to speak to Live Chat.

What's irritating is that I've only just spent time re-formatting the hard-drive, and re-installing Windows etc.... usually that would fix this sort of thing happening (by clearing out the tail-end scraps of old drivers and who knows what thats left behind on the system after a year of updates, patches, and so on)

That said, I've been enjoying playing it (as far as I've got so far).

Edited on 03/13/2009 at 3:56:10 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 13, 09 4:14 AM
Hrmmm...

Happy to say after only a bit of disorientation at the beginning I had no issues with the motion. I did keep hearing the theme from "Tales from the Crypt" playing in my head tho...

It's ok, nothing to write home about, but worth the $7 for 3 hours entertainment. I kept feeeling that it was one of those games that just missed the mark and it could have been fantastic, but can't say what would have improved it. Well, firing the voice actress for Annabel would have been a start. The running back and forth over the same paths got a bit silly, especially when I had seen the things I'd need for the future so many times I knew exactly where to return to fetch them. The puzzles were all right, but pretty darn easy. The mini-games as well. EXCEPT I have never in all my gaming days so deeply hated a mini-game like that last mini-game with the sliding gems. HATE! Deep burning nearly in tears HATE! ...and of course no skip. Took me god only knows how many tries. I probably would be giving a better review now but since that's the last thing you do it left rather the bitter taste in my mouth.

So... eh. It's ok, the demo will let you know if it's worth your dollars. It was just around the 3 hour mark for me in duration. Your mileage may of course vary. It does have all the mini-games available for free play so I guess that's a bonus. So at the end of the day I give Annabel a not particularly enthusiastic:

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 13, 09 4:18 AM
Thank you Poodle. Am having problem with the mixed up picture mini-game - it keeps just swapping em around!!! That the feeling of Have 2 minutes left of demo so decision time and of course that would be a "well you just have to don't you"!!! Agree with you about spying out future things that will need to be collected but on the whole a little different to what has been on offer lately.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Mar 13, 09 4:57 AM

After reading all the posts about feeling dizzy and and being a vertigo sufferer I nearly didn't download it.
Boy am I glad I did!!!! I have giggled at the girls' spaced out eyes,cracked up at the things that are said,laughed my socks off at the masculine voice and nearly pmp at the way the characters move.
And how many of us after someone threatened to kill our lovers the best we could come up with would be "scoundrel"

And it's much cheaper than a trip to Disneyland after all how many rollercoaster rides can you get for 6.99?

I have coped with the movement by looking away when going from place to place -
So for me this is a must buy

Go to: