Re:What did you think of the game?

[Post New]by ajwklw on Mar 18, 09 11:27 AM
also wish I had read this forum before wasting my money! Way to short to pay for! I also kept waiting for the real challenges to start. I think a 5 yr old could do this game!

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Mar 19, 09 7:03 AM
I was very disappointed with this game. The first one was so good, I bought this without thinking twice. What a dud.

[Post New]by nikcan56 on Mar 20, 09 2:38 PM
did not like this game at all, liked death in scarlet much better, this game was to very short and too much talking, i skipped over the talking just to get the game done, if there is a # 3 coming out i doubt i will get it, but it is my fault to, i should have played the first hour before buying, usually do but i liked the first one so well i thought i would liked this one as well.

ronick
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

so boring and a waste of money

[Post New]by ronick on Mar 21, 09 9:53 PM
I thought this one was awful too much time wasted on the story line.
I was so excited when it was posted too.
Not a patch on the first one, don't think I will buy any more.
In fact not a lot of good games have come around since Return to Ravenshearst.
If I have missed any like or similar to that one please let me know, my credits are building up!!

[Post New]by gottodoitnow on Mar 21, 09 10:49 PM
I am new to the forum but not to Big Fish Games. I agree, I was very excited about this game but was extremely disapointed. I finished the game in one evening. I also feel it was not worth the price. It was extremely short and much too easy!

[Post New]by Karmangel on Mar 22, 09 4:54 PM
I am disappointed as it appears I am unable to change to fullscreen in the options facility, so therefore unable to play the game. Luckily I have only installed the trial. It's a shame as I really enjoyed playing the first James P game and had no problems adapting that one. Can any one help with this and advise on how i solve this problem?

JMAlshik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JMAlshik on Mar 24, 09 5:59 PM
I played the demo game and was totally frustrated by the time it took for the characters to respond to one another ... it was a really slow game ... however the positive side of this game in relation to the lab portion I liked the fact you did not have to guess what the right chemical balance was ... on the whole I do not plan to purchase this one as it was too slow moving for me...

[Post New]by KettleChip on Mar 25, 09 7:04 AM
I really liked the storyline, but like everyone else says, cutscenes are too long and not enough thinking and gaming. A shame, because I liked what little there was.

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Mar 26, 09 5:16 AM
After playing Death in Scarlet, this one was quite disappointing.
Waste of time!
I won't buy a sequel...

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 26, 09 8:45 PM
i deleted the demo after 15 minutes....i hated the floating cursor

goldenrodfarm
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by goldenrodfarm on Mar 28, 09 10:17 AM
I like James Pattersons books so I thought I would try this one, The lack of science, imagine figuring out blood types from colors and reactions like boiling, smoking, or fizzing, but what really left me off the deep end was the statement that she could figure out someone;s blood type from urine, saliva or anything. This is so far from the truth it is like bad Science Fiction instead of detective. I deleted the free trial. What I did play of it wasn't very challenging after RTR or Serpent, guess I will have to wait for a better one,

[Post New]by missy4418 on Mar 28, 09 6:57 PM
I bought this game and was very disappointed. It was way too short. I thought it was some kind of joke when I got to the end, it was also very slow moving. So disappointed.

nickiford
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by nickiford on Mar 29, 09 6:14 AM
WAY too easy. I think I used like 2 hints the whole entire game. It was mildly entertaining, but the cartoon scenes were way to long, after I sat through the first one, I just skipped all of the rest.

mygames49
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by mygames49 on Mar 29, 09 7:33 PM
THIS GAME WAS A SHORT ONE. NO MATTER HOW I TRIED TO MAKE IT LAST, ITS WAS SHORT. LOL. IT HAD TOO MUCH DIALOGUE GOING ON. THOSE ARE PRECIOUS MINUTES. FOR THE OVERALL OF THE GAME IS WAS A GOOD INVESTIGATION.

[Post New]by pnbqueen on Mar 30, 09 11:42 AM
I am new to BFG but if I had read the forum, I would not have bought this game. Totally disappointed. I have the demo for Death in Scarlett but I haven't played it yet. If it isn't 150% better than this one I will not even finish the demo. Wish I had my credit for another game.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

What did you think of the game?

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Apr 3, 09 1:03 PM
BossBrat wrote:I felt ripped off with this one. Much shorter than the first and about half of it was 'talking' between characters. Also one of the least challenging games I have ever played in my life. I think my 2 year old grandson could have beat this one. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

I totally agree. I was also very disappointed....

Go to: