belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 27, 13 12:21 AM
I've a new MacBook Pro OS X (latest version) Mavericks.
The game has frozen on me 4 times now. If I force quit and go back into it, it works for a while before freezing again.

I've followed all the Mac freezing suggestions, everything that could be up to date 'is' up to date, unchecked auto graphics card...

Wondered if anyone has any other suggestions to stop this happening please?

I've closed all other apps from running as well.

Thanks

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Her

[Post New]by momofsocks on Nov 27, 13 2:00 AM
I never have had problems downloading and installing games but today I bought this one along with 5 others and they are taking over 2 hours to download. I have tried re-installing the manager and have turned off all firewalls and anti-virus software. This is getting very frustrating and was wanting to know if anyone else is having this issue. I am running that dang windows 8.1 (just in case that's the issue). If this is how it's going to be for now on then I won't be purchasing any more games off of this site and as I said before I have purchased over 100 on here. Thank you for any assistance.

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by JulesJumper on Nov 27, 13 2:32 AM
Hey folks,

installing the game took very, very long (about 7 hours) but I was okay with that. It's such a great game so I was fine with waiting for it.
Problem is when I had finished it and wanted to play the game did not even start. I got an alert from my Mac that the game was stopped.
After I tried again I got the error message that another game is currently running.
I have no idea what to to and I really want to play this game.

Can someone help me? Please?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 27, 13 3:57 AM
When you get the "another game is running" message, it's best to close down the GM, and restart your computer. That should clear it.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd mention it.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 27, 13 4:47 AM
same problem as others with the glitch in the bomb puzzle!very far in the game it is destroying all the pleasure i had to play again a good MCF!bad,bad,bad!

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Nov 27, 13 10:55 AM
I'm another with the problem with the bomb puzzle.

Hitting reset and redoing the fuses doesn't work either, it just freezes again.

Please can we have a fast resolution to this, I was really enjoying the game.

[Post New]by love4joy on Nov 27, 13 12:36 PM
And I have also a problem with the bomb puzzle. The game worked perfectly all the way to this part, then it freezes...

[Post New]by anyarose on Nov 27, 13 1:16 PM
Having a similar problem with game freezing. Can't get past the theater key puzzle. I've checked the walkthrough, and am doing what I'm "supposed" to, however, when i zoom in on the door, it's solid black and there is only one key. I've waited to skip the puzzle at which point I am able to navigate to the correct door, but when I put the key in, the game freezes.

Cannot progress. Frustrated!

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Nov 27, 13 3:07 PM
ratchet51 wrote:i am posting this here because i don't know if Bg Fish will look in the original madame fate forums anymore. but we need help with that. this is what i posted there:
i have a mac, just bought the madame fate original for it. i played it originally on a pc. wanted to enjoy it again before playing the new madame fate game. used a coupon and just bought it not thinking there would be a problem however, like others before me, to quote , "I just bought & downloaded Madame Fate, and as soon as I hit the "play now" button, I got a "boop" sound and 'thanks for playing"! I hit "play again" .. same thing". Please Big Fish, HELP!! wasted coupon, wasted time.and can't play one of the best games ever made!

Contact customer support to report the problem. The tech experts don't check every game forum looking for problems, you have to tell them.

KTCamper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by KTCamper on Nov 27, 13 4:03 PM
There is a glitch in the Green & Black/Blue marble puzzle at Madam Fate's trailer.

I correctly solved the puzzle on my own (large marbles at NESW, smaller ones in interior square) but nothing is happening. It is not recognizing that I finished the puzzle and moving me on to whatever is next!

Tech specs: Windows Vista (yeah, I know) service pack 2. 2GHz processor, 64-bit. 8 GB RAM. Did not play trial, just bought and downloaded it (used Firefox).

[Post New]by phunnybunnie on Nov 27, 13 4:18 PM
please fix all the technical problems with this game before i pull my hair out.
i have all of the MCF games and really enjoy play, but this is frustrating and i am disappointed. i never use the custom cursor in any game.
thank you, phunniebunnie

Re:Post Your Technical Issues Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by deadlyflower on Nov 27, 13 5:00 PM
I cannot progress past the 5th scarab. I am stuck at the 6th, by the tree, the one that has fallen from the bird cage. The walk through and the strategy guide say "touch the fragments," and yet, the game does nothing! Ideas, or a fix?!

Deadlyflower

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Nov 27, 13 5:00 PM
I played the demo fine, bought it, it won't download. I've tried a bunch of times, I even disabled my firewall, I tried to download from my purchase history, still nothing.

is server down

[Post New]by msdee_dee on Nov 27, 13 5:11 PM
tying to purchase and download the game. all day i have been receiving the message sever is down but I just downloaded the 1 hour sample. Whats going on?
w

tazmanw
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tazmanw on Nov 27, 13 5:20 PM
I was having the same issue with the bomb puzzle. I tried the reset and it still didn't work. I then restarted my computer and also tried switching the tubes in a different order than I had done before and it worked!

Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by toniawray on Nov 27, 13 5:31 PM
i have windows 8 and the code 806400 keeps popping up and i can not play this game or 3 other games i have tried to install

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Nov 27, 13 7:29 PM
Pathetic there are so many problems and NO CS response.
Kind of tells you where BF is these days

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 27, 13 7:42 PM
KTCamper wrote:There is a glitch in the Green & Black/Blue marble puzzle at Madam Fate's trailer.

I correctly solved the puzzle on my own (large marbles at NESW, smaller ones in interior square) but nothing is happening. It is not recognizing that I finished the puzzle and moving me on to whatever is next!

Tech specs: Windows Vista (yeah, I know) service pack 2. 2GHz processor, 64-bit. 8 GB RAM. Did not play trial, just bought and downloaded it (used Firefox).

Same for me, and I'm on a Mac. I actually solved it two different ways without it recognizing it was complete. Honestly, if the green balls were different sizes and each had to be in an exact position -- well, I wasn't trying any longer to find out. I felt I had figured out what to do and how to do it well enough to satisfy my own accomplishment. I used the guide directions exactly and the game progressed, but I think more than one solution ending in the same result should have been allowed.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 27, 13 7:48 PM
ratchet51 wrote:i am posting this here because i don't know if Bg Fish will look in the original madame fate forums anymore. but we need help with that. this is what i posted there:
i have a mac, just bought the madame fate original for it. i played it originally on a pc. wanted to enjoy it again before playing the new madame fate game. used a coupon and just bought it not thinking there would be a problem however, like others before me, to quote , "I just bought & downloaded Madame Fate, and as soon as I hit the "play now" button, I got a "boop" sound and 'thanks for playing"! I hit "play again" .. same thing". Please Big Fish, HELP!! wasted coupon, wasted time.and can't play one of the best games ever made!

The game does not play very well if at all in LION and above. It was even suspect in Snow Leopard. It's old. I doubt BFG will update it. It is available for and plays fine on an iPad. I bet CS will issue you another coupon.

[Post New]by poopy_pants on Nov 27, 13 8:48 PM
Sorry to be the newb here, but I can't even get the "updated" game manager to install-- I keep getting a message "An error has occurred. Please try again..." message with no number codes. Have tried all help topics (reinstall, adjust antivirus settings, update everything, reboot, etc) to no avail--- can anyone point me in the right direction? Customer Service "usually responds in 24-72 hours" but I'd like to see the product I paid for sooner than that....

thanks!

I forgot-- running Win 7 and Firefox 25...

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 8:49:08 PM PST

Go to: