bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Technical Problems for Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bichy on Dec 1, 13 5:31 AM
Blue box when I tried to play the demo too (just like most of the other posts).
Running Win 7 64 bit on a gaming computer with all programs and drivers up to date. No problems running anything else.

Thanks for the tip Ziggy_Zigster, personally I am not game to go into the program folders (with my luck I would muck something right up) so if a fix comes up I will probably buy the game.

I really feel for the developers for this fubar from Big Fish with their BFG client stopping people from playing the demo and buying the game.

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Technical Problems for Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition

[Post New]by badgerfann on Dec 1, 13 6:51 AM
Ziggy_Zigster wrote:@Gill_Dudley - I would right-click on the icon I mentioned and 'uncheck' the 'hidden' option and select 'run as administrator' (If you have Vista or above), then I would try to launch the game. I wish this forum allowed posting of screenshots cause it would be much easier to explain it.

It appears to be an issue with the BFG client, you cannot run the game from it, you have to run it as a completely separate process - I would suggest the developers fix this, as selling a game on BigFish that you cannot run with their own client seems a bit absurd to me.

@Vampyrlady2264 - Glad it worked for you. ) Hopefully it will for others as well.

Must you have already purchased game in order to make this work? I just want to play the demo. I'm running Windows 7 and have found the game folder in Program Files (x86). However, when I enter the folder I do not find an .exe listed anywhere. I'll probably just wait and buy it on another game site.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 6:52:28 AM PST

[Post New]by jceisenb on Dec 1, 13 7:50 AM
badgerfann wrote:
Ziggy_Zigster wrote:@Gill_Dudley - I would right-click on the icon I mentioned and 'uncheck' the 'hidden' option and select 'run as administrator' (If you have Vista or above), then I would try to launch the game. I wish this forum allowed posting of screenshots cause it would be much easier to explain it.

It appears to be an issue with the BFG client, you cannot run the game from it, you have to run it as a completely separate process - I would suggest the developers fix this, as selling a game on BigFish that you cannot run with their own client seems a bit absurd to me.

@Vampyrlady2264 - Glad it worked for you. ) Hopefully it will for others as well.

Must you have already purchased game in order to make this work? I just want to play the demo. I'm running Windows 7 and have found the game folder in Program Files (x86). However, when I enter the folder I do not find an .exe listed anywhere. I'll probably just wait and buy it on another game site.

No, it should work for the demo version. I just got it to work.

Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Appearance and Personalization -->Folder Options --> Click the View tab -->Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Then when you go to your Program Files (x86) folder there should be a Campgrounds folder. When you open up the folder an application icon should now show up. Running it through that file as an administrator should get it to work (at least it did for me). Hope that helps.

Thanks for whoever figured this out. It seems ridiculous to have to go through this process just to be able to run the game.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 7:54:25 AM PST

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Dec 1, 13 8:20 AM
jceisenb wrote:
badgerfann wrote:

Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Appearance and Personalization -->Folder Options --> Click the View tab -->Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Then when you go to your Program Files (x86) folder there should be a Campgrounds folder. When you open up the folder an application icon should now show up. Running it through that file as an administrator should get it to work (at least it did for me). Hope that helps.

Thanks for whoever figured this out. It seems ridiculous to have to go through this process just to be able to run the game.

I just went in again and right clicked on the BF game manager icon and then clicked on run as administrator which opened up the normal game manager but when I clicked on the game this time it opened and I played the full demo which I loved and now going to buy ....... thank you thank you thank you Ziggy_Zigster you are a genius

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Dec 1, 13 8:35 AM
Ziggy_Zigster wrote:I too am having the same blue screen issue. I contacted CS and I'm hoping they can provide an update as for a patch. Otherwise, I want my money back.

*UPDATE* -- 'POTENTIAL FIX'.

I found a way to get it to run. Go into the games folder that it is installed in. Change your 'folder view' settings to 'show hidden files'. You will see a little icon with the text: "Campgrounds_The EndorusExpeditionCE.exe" (w/out quotation marks), right click on that file and select 'run as administrator' and then create a shortcut on the desktop. It SHOULD run okay now.

I hope this works for others. Please post an update if it does.

Worked for me thanks .

[Post New]by Ziggy_Zigster on Dec 1, 13 8:41 AM
@Gill_Dudley

Fantastic! Glad you managed to get it to work. I happened to come across this fix merely by process of elimination. Sometimes a go-around is as simple as changing a few settings and sometimes it's more complex than that. I assumed at first it was the latter with this game, but it turns out it was the former. I would hope that BF can come up with a fix now that the problem is solved (it seems). When CS contacts me back I will inform them of this fix and maybe they can figure out a way to patch it.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Dec 1, 13 9:38 AM
thanks once again ziggy you are a master, and BF should pay you because if you think about it I have now bought it and now other people are trying what you said and buying so you have done them a massive favour infact the developers should pay you. You are a genius if I have any game problems again I will look for you to help me if that is ok

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 1, 13 11:43 AM
jceisenb wrote:
badgerfann wrote:

Great! I tried with the direction starting with "Go to Start." etc. and it worked. Thanks much!!!

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 11:44:36 AM PST

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Dec 1, 13 4:41 PM
Dec 1st still having issues with game being blue screen. When is there going to be a fix. There was an issue with the first campgrounds not working right too. Please fix this issue. Our computers are not the problem it is the game itself.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Dec 1, 13 8:17 PM
ZIggy, how will this change effect the other programs on my computer,...I'm hesitant to make changes

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Dec 1, 13 10:51 PM
I tried Gil_Dudley's fix and it worked. I had to cut and paste the exe file to search in the folder to find it. But I did get it to work.

Thank you so much, Gil_Dudley for the fix.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Dec 2, 13 2:38 AM
@Ziggy_Zigster

It worked for me, too, thanks!

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Dec 2, 13 3:29 AM
After trying the fix, I did find that you had to run it from the administrator each time you want to open it. Just right click on the icon you made from the fix and it will work.

[Post New]by westielover on Dec 2, 13 4:27 AM
I don't understand why no-one from Bigfish has come on the site to acknowledge there is a problem and say what is happening. Surely this is good customer service.

Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Dec 2, 13 7:00 AM
Many thanks Ziggy, was finally able to play the game, now all I need to do is buy it lol x

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 2, 13 8:29 AM
Thanks Ziggy

Running the game as Administrator is definitely the way to get this game to work however I do not think that it should be up to each individual to have to alter the settings for this game I feel that the game should have been made suitable for Windows 7 users before its release.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 2, 13 11:04 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that the issue with the blue screen has been escalated to the developer. They're looking into that now. We'll let you know as soon as we have any more information for you.

In the meantime, it would be great if you would contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can investigate the issue further. This will also allow them to collect more data to send to the developer if necessary.

Thank you for your patience as we look into this!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by hineycream on Dec 3, 13 6:42 PM
Uninstall, then re-install...I had blue screen originally, but now it's fixed. I did have to re-install to fix

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Dec 4, 13 8:14 AM
I am one of those who took Ziggy_Zigster's idea to right click and played the game as the administrator and it worked although I do accept what other people are saying that just because we have windows 7 we should not be expected to have to change our settlings to play this game, but i wanted to play the game so I have done this each time I am now on level 25 although you say it is fixed and I can unistall and reinstall it will mean that I have to start all over I don't think I will bother, thanks anyway

Cybele_uk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Cybele_uk on Dec 4, 13 1:26 PM
Unfortunately, the work around mentioned above doesn't work for me. I ran the exe file as administrator, still getting the blue screen.

Hope there is a patch out soon. Spending $13.99 on a blue screen isn't much of a bargain.

Go to: