Re:Post Any Technical Problems For The Fog here only

[Post New]by baseball851 on Dec 12, 13 5:29 PM
im stuck trying to get the belt off the ledge and I have the fishing rod and reel its not working and the hint button is not working im stuck HELP

[Post New]by wikedwhich on Dec 12, 13 8:28 PM
The hint button stopped working for me as well. I'm about 3/4 through the game and really don't want to start over. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by sleepydoo5 on Dec 13, 13 6:03 AM
Im in the hospital area and the hint button stays on but gives me no hint?? Anyone else?

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Dec 13, 13 7:36 AM
sleepydoo5 wrote:Im in the hospital area and the hint button stays on but gives me no hint?? Anyone else?

This happened to me too in another section of the game. I found that I had to put an inventory piece in the puzzle
box on the bottom left.

[Post New]by wikedwhich on Dec 13, 13 8:52 PM
The hint button normally highlights the puzzle box on the bottom left if that's the case. It's not doing anything and there's nothing I can put in the puzzle box at this time.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 15, 13 8:57 AM
Wanted to post a follow-up after communicating with BFG Customer Support. As advised, I changed settings to play the game as Administrator. This seems to have fixed the problem. Hope others who are experiencing the problem with the HOS give it a try. It's a nice little game.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 15, 13 2:06 PM
Hello All,

LaDeeDah, I'm so happy to hear that your game seems to be working now!

To others, if you haven't tried it already, running the game as an administrator seems to be working to resolve some of the issues that our gamers are experiencing. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't help, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more dedicated instructions to help sort things out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Post Any Technical Problems For The Fog here only

[Post New]by lpanoz on Dec 15, 13 8:28 PM
orphaned wrote:in case you have problems .....

I am stuck on the clock the code number does not work.
Please help

[Post New]by Embroider on Dec 16, 13 8:26 PM
I think this is a techinical problem but I am not sure. I have played this game up to where the person in the game goes to the lift that goes across the gorge. My problem came when I went back into the small trailer and need to get something from the light fixture. Before going there I disconnected the small step ladder at the lift area and I went into the trailer and it says that you need a ladder to get to the light fixture. Well, I sat there and tried to put the small step ladder into the game play and have tried to put it in several places and it won't take it. Now, I am not sure that I am supposed to put the ladder in that scene or perhaps get a different ladder from somewhere else. I have tried everything to get it to work. Nothing seems to work. I sure hope someone can assist me, although a walkthrough would have been nice, but everybody quit sniveling and just continue to enjoy the game. I am stumped but I am sure someone somewhere has an answer for me. YOU MUST HAVE PATIENCE. And by the way, I have been playing these games since 2006 and it used to be there wasn't even a walkthrough then. It was a gift from BF to give us the WT and then comeout with the CE games. So, please be grateful and thankful for what we have and stop whinning about not having a WT. I would like to have one, but its not the end of the world if they don't have a WT. BF, you still give us good games. Thank you.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 16, 13 9:01 PM
Embroider wrote: [...] My problem came when I went back into the small trailer and need to get something from the light fixture. Before going there I disconnected the small step ladder at the lift area and I went into the trailer and it says that you need a ladder to get to the light fixture. Well, I sat there and tried to put the small step ladder into the game play and have tried to put it in several places and it won't take it. [...]

Embroider, the small step ladder you have is indeed the one you need to reach the light on the trailer's ceiling. What worked for me, after a couple of clicks, was clicking exactly on the lamp with the step ladder.

Good luck!

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 8:15:43 PM PST

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Dec 18, 13 6:09 AM
In HO with "dry fuel" bottle....it won't pick up when clicked on...is this a glitch or is there something else in the scene that I need to interact with it?

[Post New]by artschi1979 on Dec 18, 13 9:50 AM
Got a problem: in the beginning of the game, I get a big case with a lot of secret compartment at the bedroom. And this case disappears around in the middle of the game. And I can't keep going, because the hint button always direct me to the case, but it's missing from its place.

I tried the previous solutions like uninstall & reinstall, start the game with new player, running the game as administrator etc. but still i have the problem?

Anyone got this problem?

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Dec 18, 13 5:13 PM
I'm having the same problem with the refrigerator hidden object scene that others have mentioned.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Dec 21, 13 1:23 PM
have different problem i have tried dozens of times but every time i use a hint whether on or off the map, and every single time i use hint points to left side of screen but i think theres nothin' there so what to do??? help please am stuck thank you

[Post New]by neilwilson1979 on Dec 21, 13 5:59 PM
Want my money back. Glitches galore...stuck in a damn fridge.

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Dec 28, 13 6:13 PM
I am having exact same problem as Archi1979. I have gassed up the ski lift and am about ready to take off, but I have a fox to put into the case.... only the case has disappeared. Hint button keeps encircling the extreme bottom left where the case SHOULD be... only it is gone. Seems like ark161 is having similar problem with the case of the disappearing case. lol

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Jan 6, 14 6:19 AM
I posted a message on Dec 18. No answer. Can someone please tell me in the Hidden object scene where there is a fuel can, are you supposed to be able to pick it up? I don't know if this is a glitch or not.

gerjr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by gerjr on Jan 7, 14 4:34 PM
Game stopped working military Lair level. Wont let me do anything.

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jan 9, 14 3:21 PM
Yep! Same problem with the HO in the fridge asking for darts. chalk etc AGAIN. Am playing as Administrator and made no difference BFG TIME FOR A FIX.

Not good enough that this has not been corrected we can't all be having computer problems and if we were other games would not play well presumbabnly.

GET IT SORTED

[Post New]by OldFrat on May 15, 14 11:07 AM
I had the same problem with the painting. I got to the HO and found them all but after collecting the stuff, I was wandering around and found myself in the HOS again. I could find all of the pieces except for the frame for the Mona Lisa which I gather only appears once. So the basic problem is that you can apparently enter the HOS at least twice but the second time you cannot get out because there is no exit and you cant get all of the objects because the frame is not there. Lord knows what would happen to your inventory if you did. This requires a little more than just reloading the game. It requires fixing the HOS so you cannot enter the same scene more than once and a means of exiting the scene as well

Go to: