zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Re:Post your Awakening Kingdoms Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 20, 13 1:59 AM
That happens to me too, and since the upgrade, my character has disappeared from the box, it's just a silhouette.

Egirl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Egirl on Dec 20, 13 5:58 AM
not sure this qualifies as a "Technical" issue, but your profanity filter won't let me search for "cockatrice egg" in the auction house, correcting it to "!?!?atrice egg".

chaosIM
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chaosIM on Dec 20, 13 6:38 AM
zephyrzodiac wrote:Had you opened the mini-scene next to the fountain? If so, you get a blank item when you need to click on the *5*. It shows up clearly once you enter that mini-scene.

My apologies, this seems to have posted twice. Hope someone can remove it!

Thanks for replying, I had a blank item too in that scene, used a hint and found it, but this is a different issue. No items left to find, not even blank ones, zero on the counter yet the scene does not finish, same thing Carleneruns reported at the beginning of this thread. Hopefully there'll be a new update to resolve this soon.

chaosIM
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by chaosIM on Dec 20, 13 6:41 AM
Egirl wrote:not sure this qualifies as a "Technical" issue, but your profanity filter won't let me search for "cockatrice egg" in the auction house, correcting it to "!?!?atrice egg".

Same thing as in Antique road trip - Fanny poster and another item were very difficult to find in auction

[Post New]by bobbaylee on Dec 20, 13 11:29 AM
zephyrzodiac wrote:From the help I've received from Customer Support, it may be a permissions issue, so it's worth checking that you are logged in as administrator, and then finding the .exe file allowing that, too.

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower-left and click "Control Panel."
2. Click "Appearance and Personalization," and then click "Folder Options."
3. Click the "View" tab.
4. Under "Hidden files and folders," click "Show hidden files, folders and drivers."
5. Click "Apply" and "OK."

Now that we've made sure that your computer is set to show hidden files, let's go ahead and run the game as Administrator. To do this, please follow the steps that I've listed below:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left and click "Computer."
2. Double-click on "Local Disk (C " and open the "Program File" folder.
3. Double-click the folder "Awakening Kingdoms"
4. Right-click the game's grayed out hidden .exe file "Awakening Kingdoms.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
5. In the window that comes up, select "Yes" and continue to follow the prompts then try playing the game again

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.

[Post New]by bobbaylee on Dec 20, 13 11:31 AM
I tried that but there was no hidden exe file that was grayed out

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 20, 13 1:44 PM
The file is called Awakening Kingdoms, not an .exe, an application. The file on my computer is around 11,000 kb.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 20, 13 2:53 PM
Have tried to follow your suggestions but don't have anything like what you are talking about on my computer.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 20, 13 3:15 PM
Did you look in Program Files (x86)? I actually have two of them, but the Awakening Kingdoms folder is in the bottom one on the list. When you open it, the application is the second file under the folders if you have it in list or detailed view.

[Post New]by laurencody on Dec 20, 13 11:56 PM
I can't even do ANYTHING in this game. I was able to get to the point where an owl comes on screen and tells me I have a letter, but when I click on "read" it minimizes the game and sends me back to the desktop. when I click "play" it does the same thing. Pretty much almost anywhere I click, it does that. Even through the opening sequence, if I clicked anywhere but the middle of the screen, it would minimize and send me to the desktop. I just installed the game, and I'm running Windows 8.

dont understand what to do in friends

[Post New]by melodypoodle on Dec 21, 13 12:02 PM
I don't understand what to do in friends got list up and click on name but got no further have I got to sent a message to someone or what.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 21, 13 1:04 PM
I think you do, since the friends I have all sent me a message. I don't know how you would do it, though.

On another point, I've noticed a fairly bad error in Gobholme. Before the third mini-scene is available, I've three times had a problem with multiple items (mice was one of them, can't remember the others) when the third one is obviously in the unavailable mini-scene. Frustrating to have to exit the scene and lose a large number of coins spent going there.

[Post New]by lilacwinter on Dec 22, 13 8:11 AM
I see others had issues having to exit using control-alt-delete when trying to buy crystals. I think I did it fine with the 68 crystals- but at the time I didn't know I could arrow over for more quantity. Well- as soon as I tried to buy more it would freeze up and I found it works if only if I change my screen resolution to high detail.

(That said I thought crystals would go towards punch ticket- but NOPE!!! I won't be doing that again. lol)

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 22, 13 9:05 PM
I can't say too much for the technical support department. I waited for about a week for a response as to why my game wouldn't save only to be told that I should look for the Dec. 17 update and make sure to update my game. How ridiculous!! Of course I updated my game. And now for the second time, I reached level 22, shut the game down and found that all had been lost and I was back at the beginning. When are you going to address this problem?????

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 23, 13 1:18 AM
Seconded! I daren't close my game at all now!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 23, 13 5:40 PM
G'day,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that we are looking into the issues being reported with saving and other areas of the game.

We will update this thread as we have more information.

Thanks for your patience.

bfgMurrumbidgee

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 23, 13 6:15 PM
Will you also be dealing with the issues of some of us who have lost money when our games didn't save?

I do appreciate that it's a complicated game, and errors are not unexpected.

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Dec 23, 13 8:06 PM
BIG problem! In Gobholme, it keeps making me look for objects that are apparently in an area I haven't unlocked yet! This is extremely frustrating, as I waste my energy for NO reward! Please fix ASAP! The only area I haven't unlocked is the stall with the gibberish sign.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 23, 13 11:21 PM
When this happened to me, it was the multiple objects that were the problem. When I managed to load a set of objects that didn't include multiples, I was able to play the scene through. I did mention this earlier, so I imagine it's one of the things that are being looked at.

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Dec 25, 13 2:17 AM
Starfish -
Thanks a LOT - I am now on-line and the game is working like it should... just need to send a message -HELP need more of everything! ;-)

Go to: