Re:Reviews for Awakening Kingdoms

[Post New]by butterflybear on Jan 26, 14 8:16 AM
Just arrived at level 25 and I think the game is OK.

You have to be willing to shell out cash or be very patient, as energy accumulates slowly. The collections help, sometimes. The friends (as far as I can see) are useless because the gift thing is still saying 'future', and to even communicate with friends will cost you game coin.

I think it is silly to require you to play the exact same game multiple times to get another level opened up. (Making the quilts, finding the different item, stained glass). I also think the pets game is pointless and no challenge whatsoever, how hard is it to find the items that you need to find???

The rewards seem very out of proportion to the quest sometimes, especially in the castle. Usually the reward is a very small fraction of what it cost to get the upgrade. Doesn't make sense in game (or life) to spend 4500 coins to earn 20.

The food is relatively useless as most of it that is currently available to me is not even enough for one venture into a scene.

Altogether I am sticking to it for now. Playing only every few days, in order to get energy up. Waiting for gifting to be made available.

[Post New]by abdias22 on Jan 30, 14 6:23 AM
I do love the Awakening Series and this is the first F2P game I have ever really gotten into and enjoyed. This still maintains an interesting storyline and incorporates many of the best types of games from the series which I really enjoy. My only frustrations with the game is how quickly energy runs out. I am not willing to continually pay to keep playing and I keep finding myself out of energy and/or money and have to wait. It seems like a design flaw that even thought you are gaining more energy with each level, the search and find scenes cost considerably more, so you might as well still be at level 1. I have already become too addicted to quit though, and do enjoy that this game will last a long time. I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the rest of the series, even if you aren't typically interested in this game format, like me.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 30, 14 10:15 AM
When I first started playing this game, I loved the graphics and the nature of the game. Some of the quests require waaaaayyyy too much in terms of coins/bolgins. However, I have not been able to play the game since mid-December because my game will not save....it starts over from the very beginning so I have to continually repeat the same quests over and over and over. The farthest I've gotten is to level 21 only to find my progress wiped out the following day. Customer support basically said I would have to wait for an update for the problem to be fixed. The last update was Dec 17 so I'm wondering how much longer the wait will be????? As a result, I can't speak very highly of this game.

[Post New]by katrinaceleste on Feb 5, 14 8:55 PM
I am at lvl 24 and have grown tired of the game. I have completed some achievements and find there are some that cannot be achieved, because it is too difficult to find several of the objects. I think with all of these free-to-play games they are making them way too challenging in order to get you to spend money. They are purposely addictive so you will play them every day, and eventually spend money. If you want to play for free you can but you will eventually give it up altogether. They should make things less expensive. I am thinking I am better off going back to just buying 2 or 3 games a month instead of playing these "free" games, that if you want to play at a decent pace to make it interesting becomes more and more expensive as you play. I agree will all the complaints people have posted about lack of energy, diamonds etc, and quests you will never achieve, along with lots of items you do not need and hardly any of the items you do need.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Feb 6, 14 11:47 PM
Really like this game! I’ve always been a huge fan of Boomzap and still am after playing Awakening Kingdoms! Can’t wait for the update to continue to playing this great free-to-play game! Thanks, Boomzap, for making amazing games!!

Myriamele
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Myriamele on Feb 8, 14 9:28 AM
I was really enjoying this game, even with the energy component, until the day I logged in and all of my progress was gone. So, I wouldn't recommend this game to anybody, even after Boomzap gets their act together and sends out the updates.

Really, really disappointed.

[Post New]by butterflybear on Feb 11, 14 11:29 AM
Just 2 levels beyond previous review (27 now). I am actually becoming bored now. I can play for maybe 20 minutes a day before running out of energy. And that includes cashing in collections and available mini games.
I also have to laugh, or roll my eyes at some of the verbal descriptions of objects to find. The one that got me today..... A couple blows by this will fix anything. REALLY - I don't think I want to fix my torn pants with a hammer, I can make a list pages and pages long that a hammer will make worse rather than better, and that list is probably longer than the things that you can fix with it. (really just dumb, as are many of the descriptions).
Very close to leaving this one. Rewards are not enough, challenge is not really there. Dislike the concept of having to bounce from room to room to find the items on the list. Friend list is still pointless. Mini games are only a little entertaining and get boring when you have to play the exact same game multiple times to level up. Mini games at squabbit den and triffledores are just plain pointless and less than entertaining. Everything is too expensive within the game, and I am not going to spend cash for a game that only sort of amuses.

Edited on 02/11/2014 at 11:37:58 AM PST

cokienutt
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cokienutt on Feb 15, 14 10:10 AM
Wish I hadn't bought it. Seemed okay until I did the upgrade....then too complicated, will not play

TedsMum10
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by TedsMum10 on Feb 16, 14 11:16 AM
I would LOVE to review any of the Awakening Series - like most of my fellow Kindle owners but despite repeated requests for 15 months, Big Fish still haven't done a compatible version of ANY of them for the Kindle. All we get is graveyards and tedious blue-yellow night-time graphics! Someone out there in developer land.... THIS IS WHAT WE WANT ON THE KINDLE FIRE - PLEASE.

[Post New]by CarrierPidgeon on Feb 17, 14 2:58 AM
Has anyone any idea where I can get fairy glass (without having to buy from the STORE that is?).. what map can I find them .. Thanks people

[Post New]by CarrierPidgeon on Feb 17, 14 3:01 AM
I agree entirely with abdias22 about the energy costs. I have emailed and posted on BoomZap`s website about this and they "are looking into this"..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we will see...

Avaloyuru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Avaloyuru on Feb 21, 14 7:54 AM
Well, I have to say that since my initial review a few things have changed. I’m not quite as ‘in love’ with the game as I was originally. Having played these types of games on Facebook but I can’t afford to put money into the game beyond the monthly membership.

The upgrade brought Skycrystal Atriums and I’m playing my first ‘Limited time only’ quest and have completed 9 out of the 15. In quest 10 you have to find items in the Treasure Vault but its locked and there are no instructions on where to go to find the game you need to play to unlock it. Therefore I was forced to use crystals to unlock it, which now makes me very apprehensive at playing this game.

I don’t mind the waiting for energy to build, that’s not a big deal. My primary frustration is due to the lack of instructions.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Feb 26, 14 6:10 AM
Very expensive if you want to progress, at all. If you don't have a ton of extra money, stay clear of this one.

Unrealistic amounts of time (and money) needed to progress very slowly.

While I have bought and enjoyed all the regular games in the Awakening Kingdom series, this is a rather tedious and somewhat boring game because you just can't progress very quickly.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 26, 14 9:14 PM
When you hit level 35 or so, it gets seriously boring. I've finished all of the quests--even the 5000 XP one--and I don't know what to do besides max out the hidden object scenes. And so far, doing so hasn't pushed any other quests to appear.

[Post New]by knitnlady on Feb 28, 14 8:18 AM
I enjoy the game and I notice throughout the game that there are **** all over the place like the mushroom in Forgotten Glen in the space between the trees. Other than that the game is fun.

[Post New]by knitnlady on Feb 28, 14 8:20 AM
I notice that my use of the male organ was blanked out but I have to look at it all the time in the game.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Mar 6, 14 11:33 PM
I'm still playing, was fun at first but it's starting to get boring, but going to play off and on yet.

JoanJ53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by JoanJ53 on Mar 7, 14 8:28 PM
CarrierPidgeon, If you collect all the Jewel Boxes your reward is 10 Fairy Glass. Other than that, you can only find Fairy Glass in the Skyfleet Docks scenario. Hope this helps.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Mar 13, 14 1:11 PM
Devs, this review thread doesn't tell the whole story. If you read the other threads, you'll see how disappointed and angry players are with this game. Things costing too much too early, HOGames asking too much energy for a 3 minute a point refill, games not registering items or losing them, crashing back to the beginning, etc.
I've only been playing a few months and I have only had two problems...I posted one to the tech thread and the other was buying something for a few thousand coins at auction and it never showed up. I've gotta tell you, it makes me apprehensive about playing when I read all of the problems, over and over, and know that it not being isolated glitches could happen the next time I open the game. I won't spend money on an FTPG so I understand the patience required to get the things I need and want but it seems the ratio is fatally unbalanced.
I suggest you have someone take a look at threads with problems posted or questions asked to see how the field testing is working out. Maybe it would help if more specific and often posts from you guys telling us exactly what problem you're working on...

[Post New]by lijakaca on Mar 14, 14 3:03 PM
As a fan of the Awakening series, this is cute, but as others have said, after the first rush of being able to play, the energy meter takes too long to refill.

I'm only at level 7 and I run out of energy in about 15-20 minutes, check whether I can finish any quests, then log out.

At one energy per 5 minutes refill, and one HOG scene taking over 20 energy, that's at least an hour and a half wait for one very easy HOG. Since the energy requirements increase, the increase you get for levelling means nothing. I've played this for 2-3 days now and am about done.

I've been playing Midnight Castle, which has a much better rate of increase, and really sucks you in because you can play all the HOGs, go away for an hour, and come back and do them all again. The objects you get also feel more meaningful instead of just collections.

Go to: