TGT Lost in the City

Re:TGT Lost in the City

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Mar 14, 09 10:20 AM
camsgma wrote:I've gotten to Chapter 22 and can't click on the ultraviolet light. Have exited and restarted a number of times. SOS directs me to the wand on the desk, but game won't allow me to click it....keep gettng the 'bad' x's. any advice? getting frustrated!!

hi camsgma ~ the uv light prob was mentioned in another thread ... here ...

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/26480.page#571571

a few have had probs but seem to get resolved by restarting the level, as other poster said the game had for some reason skipped a scene and when they restarted level, it played thru properly and they could p/up the light and proceed

hth!

edited to add: whoops just saw ssmitty's response, chances are they're right, try that first before you give up and restart level

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 10:23:18 AM PST

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Mar 14, 09 10:22 AM
Celeryhart wrote:I seem to be having problems with my second charger... it won't charge.. or I"m doing something wrong. I have one charger left and a phone... any suggestions..? The SOS button highlights the black square thingy.. but bringing my charger up to it does nothing....it worked on the first charger but not this one.... pout.. !!

I"m going to step back from this for a while ...maybe I'm getting too intense..

I think you have to get the picture of the charger out of the way first, then the real charger will open up to what looks like a plug in.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Mar 14, 09 10:28 AM
i'm on the fence on this one ~ played demo thru and got only as far as part way thru chapter 3 so it looks like looooooooong game, for me anyway ~

am really enjoying it but at the same time, as i'm playing, i'm thinking tis awfully easy ... if that makes any sense that it could be easy to me yet take me an hour to get thru only a few chapters sheesh

have read thru all the posts about it, no glitches here in the hour i've played, dunno maybe i should just dive in and buy it since i'm still thinking about it hours after i finished the demo, lol

any advice from anyone who's played much further into the game, does it get harder? maybe i should just stop reading all the instructions and try to figure out on my own what to do next? with my luck i'd break something

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 14, 09 11:12 AM
I've just finished with no glitches. Of a decent length, this game has an interesting storyline. I did not find it overly difficult. Parts were very easy, while some things you had to think a bit about.

My only complaint is the the sphere and lock puzzles, although increasingly more difficult, became tedious. My thought was, "Again?" I would have like to seen a little more variety.

All in all, enjoyable game. I recommend the purchase!

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 11:44:13 AM PST

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Mar 14, 09 11:20 AM
fab game. tks bigfish u rock

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 14, 09 11:21 AM
You won't break anything. I don't think it gets any harder. You may get more impatient with the whole totally ridiculous story. But that's OK. Little replay value, I reckon. BUT there were many puzzles (especially the lock ones - how do you do them?) that I skipped Excellent value for money.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 14, 09 11:24 AM
Celeryhart wrote:I seem to be having problems with my second charger... it won't charge.. or I"m doing something wrong. I have one charger left and a phone... any suggestions..? The SOS button highlights the black square thingy.. but bringing my charger up to it does nothing....it worked on the first charger but not this one.... pout.. !!

I"m going to step back from this for a while ...maybe I'm getting too intense..

I spent 3 hints on this one! You have to click on the picture in your inventory list to make the picture on the wall fall away and expose the outlet.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 14, 09 11:26 AM
Binla, am I wrong or was that not made clear? Maybe I'm just being daft again. xx

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Mar 14, 09 11:30 AM
Game is making me want to tear my hair out! I LOVE it! (closet masochist - ha ha) BFG you have given an extrodinary and unique game! You all are great!

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Mar 14, 09 11:33 AM
Well, I sure would like to play this game, but I can't seem to get it downloaded. It is taking FOREVER to download. I started about 11am this morning, had to pause the download just before noon to take my daughter to softball practice, un-paused the download on returning at 1:30 and I'm still at 61%. The download keeps getting 'interrupted' and I have to un-pause it, and when it is downloading it is slow. In the couple of minutes it took me to type this, it has gone from 61% to 63%. Maybe it'll finish sometime later today and I can play tonight. Good thing it's not a really huge game, I'd never finish downloading it.

ETA: almost 20 minutes later and I'm at 70%. *sigh* And the downloaded has been mysteriously interrupted twice in that time.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 11:58:16 AM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 14, 09 12:07 PM
hollie96 wrote:Well, I sure would like to play this game, but I can't seem to get it downloaded. It is taking FOREVER to download. I started about 11am this morning, had to pause the download just before noon to take my daughter to softball practice, un-paused the download on returning at 1:30 and I'm still at 61%. The download keeps getting 'interrupted' and I have to un-pause it, and when it is downloading it is slow. In the couple of minutes it took me to type this, it has gone from 61% to 63%. Maybe it'll finish sometime later today and I can play tonight. Good thing it's not a really huge game, I'd never finish downloading it.

ETA: almost 20 minutes later and I'm at 70%. *sigh* And the downloaded has been mysteriously interrupted twice in that time.

I suggest stopping and restarting the download....not just pausing. Sometimes this hits a different server that is faster, and as far as I know you don't lose the progress you've already made in the download.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 14, 09 12:09 PM
As my Dad would say, this game "Frosts" me! I love it. It is somewhat easy but it is fun for me. I am constantly amazed at how hard it can be to find a few items in a stark, nearly empty room. I love that! Designers take note - you don't need to overfill a scene with junk to make a challenging or fun game.

I really appreciate the Magnifier! Without it I might have given up during the Demo and not bought this game. Thanks Elephant Games and BFG!

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Mar 14, 09 12:16 PM
Gentlsong wrote:
I suggest stopping and restarting the download....not just pausing. Sometimes this hits a different server that is faster, and as far as I know you don't lose the progress you've already made in the download.

Thanks! Am trying this now. You're right, it started downloading again in the same spot (80%) and several minutes later I am up to 84%, which is still slow but not quite as slow as before.

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Mar 14, 09 12:39 PM
I love the game and bought it right away. Not to hard not to easy. The only complaint I have is if you need to stop the game for awhile and you are half way thru a chapter you will lose your progress in that chapter and have to start over.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Mar 14, 09 12:42 PM
I'm 3/4 through this game and loving it if only for the reason that it's a treat for me not to get stuck in an adventure game, or even many HO games for that matter. There is no wandering around aimlessly in this game. You have one room at a time and a pretty clear set of goals. Add that with a relaxed mode and a panic button for hints or solutions and I'm one happy gamer. I'm not as sure about the story. Sort of weird but I don't hate it. I enjoyed attacking people and shooting someone only because, since I never play arcade games, it was shockingly fun to me. (You overly sensitive types, please don't blast me for that. I would never enjoy doing that sort of thing in real life.) I would prefer the people talked. I don't even mind bad acting. It just adds to the game for me if they speak the dialogue.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 12:43:34 PM PST

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 14, 09 1:01 PM
bump

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Mar 14, 09 1:52 PM
I also "accidentally" did the Beta test version. LOL I saw where somefishie had posted when it was up for download awhile back. LOL When I DL i to refresh my memory it says trial expired. Is that because I did the Beta? Darn it! I just wanted a quick refresher before I bought an extra credit for this game. Ah, well, I guess that's what I get for DL it during the Beta. I won't get another credit til the first of the month!! I think since I'm sitting here sick with nothing to do, I'll just have to give myself a get well present. See, I can rationalize anything.

LOL sim!! I wouldn't think you would enjoy it in Real Life!!! Thant's what games are for!!

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Mar 14, 09 1:54 PM
Love this game am playing at this moment very good for the price for sure.love the magnifyer.

Katydidit1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Katydidit1 on Mar 14, 09 2:09 PM
YooHoo...I loved this game! Please make more of these! After not having an interesting game to play in a long while I really enjoyed this one alot. I'm going to play it again this weekend in the timed mode this time. Thanks BFG

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 14, 09 2:27 PM
A very interesting and creative game, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly! This has been a great week for gaming on BFG; I can't wait to see what next week has in store for us.

Go to: