Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Sabby707 on Dec 25, 13 9:20 PM
Hi All,

I'm stuck at the museum!

I gave the coin to the guy at the hot dog stand and have retrieved the key, but when I click to go inside the museum, the screen darkens as if another screen will pop up, but nothing happens.

I went backwards to see if I have missed anything but the only sparkle clue is a shard of glass in a potted plant that I need gloves to get.

I thought maybe it was a fluke, so I deleted my profile and started the game from the beginning - same thing happened.

I looked on the walkthrough guide and it says a keypad should pop up, but it hasn't.

Thanks for any help!

Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by DarleenRae on Dec 26, 13 4:59 PM
Running a 6 year old iMac, 10.9.1, 6GB RAM, 2 GHZ core 2 duo.

Game was fine until I came out of the sewer, got the employee card from the hot dog stand attendant and tried to use it. The screen grayed out and will not DO anything. I trashed the game and d/l it again but still have the same issue so there must be something hinky in the preference file but I'm leery of trashing anything without knowing if I have the right file.

Also, hubby is playing as well on his machine (same as the above) and after he bent a paperclip to make a hook, after he got the magnifying glass the bent clip disappeared and now he can't continue. He needed it to hook a zipper on a bag. Any ideas?

ETA: Uninstalled game, d/l and reinstalled. Played with NEW profile and got to the same exact point and it did it again. Screen darkened and game was basically frozen.

Edited on 12/27/2013 at 7:26:58 AM PST

[Post New]by mouser61 on Dec 26, 13 8:57 PM
Laptop less than 1 year old.
I am having the antenna issue with the tv at the hot dog stand. I see several posts on this, but no responses. Anyone getting any help??

Also -- when I go to the map, there are no check marks or exclamation points to indicate which rooms I should be going to. Only thing I see is the x mark for the room I am currently in.

Please help - great game, but of no use if you can't get past the hot dog stand!

[Post New]by Sabby707 on Dec 27, 13 7:05 PM
Darlene and Mouser, I think we're all having the same problem. I'm using a Mac mini OS X.

Please let me know if any of you find a resolution. I'm going to wait to hear from the forum and if I don't get anywhere in the next day, I'm going to email BFG to see what's up.

Good luck on finding any answers.

[Post New]by daisyhr on Dec 28, 13 4:44 PM
I was playing this game on my mac with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) and had the same problem. I sent a request BFG customer support who tried to help me but after all suggestions (repair permissions, downloadAdobe flash player etc…) nothing worked.

But, I could play the whole game on a mac with the new OS X Mavericks.

BFG customer support forwarded my email to the developers so that they can fix...

pusskatt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pusskatt on Dec 29, 13 3:18 AM
I've had the same problem for several days but I'm only getting a chance to ask my questions now - it's been very frustrating! I've purchased the game and downloaded it without dramas. But the blooming thing won't install. I'm getting error code 764. Yes I'm giving the game permission to install but it just keeps reverting to "installation failed". I've uninstalled and re-downloaded the game several times with no success. I have purchased and installed games successfully both prior and after attempting to install this game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by greyhoundgirl on Jan 2, 14 8:31 AM
Hi. I'm having screen problems. I'm in the jungle and trying to get the tape from the snake. When I try to play the whistle, the finger/cursor disappears and the snake keeps biting at me. Good thing I brought along a gallon of anti-venom. Please help before I run out. Thanks

[Post New]by cwsmith on Jan 3, 14 4:47 PM
Attempting to use the hex key in the elevator darkens and locks screen.

[Post New]by bjrohde on Jan 6, 14 9:21 PM
I am also having the problem with putting the antenna on the TV at the hot dog stand. I am using a Mac (one year old) OSX 10.9.1. Very frustrating as I am enjoying the game.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jan 7, 14 7:42 AM
I am not able to find batteries where they are indicated by the guide, in the villa corridor.

Is it a tech issue? Any ideas?

[Post New]by DisarrayAlways on Jan 8, 14 5:39 AM
I am also having a problem with getting the batteries. I click on the spot indicated in the guide, the area lights up, but the batteries don't appear.

acstechn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by acstechn on Jan 8, 14 6:27 AM
Phoenix1123 wrote:In the elevator scene, when I click on the panel to use the hex wrench, it freezes, and the wrench will not work. The only way I can get out is to click on the map. I am unable to obtain the gem in the panel. Running Mac OS 10.6.08. Please advise, thanks.

Having exactly the same problem. Running Mac OS 10.9.1 on a plain iMac with 4 GB of RAM. Uninstalled the game, deleted original profile, reinstalled the game with new profile and it hangs in exactly the same spot. Very aggravating.

[Post New]by madicnm on Jan 12, 14 10:44 AM
Nothing I have tried has placed the Antenna on top of the TV. What next?

Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by ayjays on Jan 21, 14 12:57 PM
orphaned wrote:please post here ...
In Bonus Game, the last puzzle with the Ring does not work. Ring cannot be placed on puzzle.

JandNL
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by JandNL on Jan 25, 14 11:17 AM
I downloaded the trial version. The first time I ran it, I got the "blue screen of death," and the game indicated I had played for 5 minutes when I hadn't even been able to open it. The second time I opened it, did not yet click "Play," and had the window open a while. When I got back to the window, my entire 60 minutes were deducted! I cannot try the game out! Has anyone else had this problem, and how will Big Fish or the manufacturer resolve it?

[Post New]by lilyfield1 on Feb 1, 14 10:32 AM
I am having the same problem as others with getting the antenna to stay on top of the TV in the hot dog cart. I am surprised and disappointed to have paid extrra for the Collector's Edition only to hear people do better installing without the strategy guide and having to run as an administrator. I am going to try reinstalling and running as admin and if that doesn't work I am asking for a refund.

[Post New]by mamacatb on Feb 21, 14 5:09 PM
Still can't get the hex key to work - any answers?

Pamk1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Antenna on Television will not work

[Post New]by Pamk1 on Feb 22, 14 4:49 PM
I am trying to place the antenna on the television set to receive the pass to the museum but I cannot get it to accept the antenna.

[Post New]by sweethartrose on Mar 6, 14 10:05 PM
My game keep crashing. I try to uninstall and reinstall and still crashing.
Anyone else having same problem ? I have iPad 3. First it start doing when I was on 3 floor of the building. So reinstall and I didn't get too far and did it again.

[Post New]by Maddd111 on Mar 7, 14 4:25 PM
Same here, I had no troubles the last few days earlier. Saved numerous times and restarted. But since yesterday it crashes on loading saved game. Even started new game and would crash. Then I uninstalled and reloaded game.
It started fine and I played a while. Now again it crashes on reloading game. This is on ipad3. I bet it is that darn ad piece that jumps you to buy another game. It is always jumping in. It must be connected to Internet in backround.

Go to: