Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by schles2002 on Feb 4, 14 10:47 AM
Has anyone had a response about the last scarab, I still can't pick this one up. Any help appreciated

Qnmartin
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by Qnmartin on Feb 5, 14 5:51 AM
I'm on a IPad. I'm at the HOP where I have to get the car seat out. I open the book and press the symbols in order on the disk but the car seat won't come out. I have restarted the game three times and I can't get it out. what am I doing wrong?

If I can't get past this part, I quit and will want my money back.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 14 10:27 PM
Qnmartin wrote:I'm on a IPad. I'm at the HOP where I have to get the car seat out. I open the book and press the symbols in order on the disk but the car seat won't come out. I have restarted the game three times and I can't get it out. what am I doing wrong?

If I can't get past this part, I quit and will want my money back.

There are multiple posts on this forum and the CE forum about this, you can check out the thread "Fuses on the Rollercoaster" on this forum. It has a couple of suggestions on how to get past this part.

[Post New]by mattbushbee on Feb 13, 14 12:51 AM
bought the game since the system requirement says it supports OSX 10.9 (aka Mavericks). I downloaded the installer (size 688 kb with fish icon) from the link given but it wouldn't even start. How am I supposed to play a game if I can't install it first??

Game System Requirements:

CPU: 2.5 GHz (INTEL ONLY)
RAM: 1024 MB
Hard Drive: 771 MB

Game Manager System Requirements:

Browser: Safari 4.0 or later

[Post New]by Ladyluvsgames on Mar 9, 14 12:38 PM
safetykim wrote:I am stuck on the Black Diary page 19 - the puzzle where you move the ship around based on the directions. I was having some trouble figuring out the puzzle, closed the diary to do some other stuff, and now when I open the diary the ship is stuck in the same spot and won't move.

I am having exactly the same problem. I've exited out of the game, rebooted, but am still stuck. I don't want to start over again with another profile, and I've heard that you don't have to solve the book puzzles in order to continue, so I guess that's what I'll do. Bummer...

[Post New]by Mercedez31 on Mar 10, 14 4:15 PM
I am locked on the cash register part. In the walk through and my black diary it shows this code:

Will have to copy and paste the links

http://i59.tinypic.com/2h5so5i.jpg

This is what is actually on my register which is all the symbols are different. I drew out what was on them since I can't get a screen capture of the game itself for some reason.

http://i57.tinypic.com/doa26g.jpg

Can someone please let me know the correct code please? Thank you in advance!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 14, 14 2:33 AM
Mercedez31 wrote:I am locked on the cash register part. In the walk through and my black diary it shows this code:

Will have to copy and paste the links

http://i59.tinypic.com/2h5so5i.jpg

This is what is actually on my register which is all the symbols are different. I drew out what was on them since I can't get a screen capture of the game itself for some reason.

http://i57.tinypic.com/doa26g.jpg

Can someone please let me know the correct code please? Thank you in advance!
Mercedez31, I didn't look at your pics, but you do go to that register at least twice, perhaps you're looking at the wrong picture in the WT.

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 2:37:52 AM PST

[Post New]by ButterscotchCat on Mar 25, 14 10:29 PM
schles2002 wrote:Has anyone had a response about the last scarab, I still can't pick this one up. Any help appreciated

I've been waiting on one as well...
I hope that a fix has been released that I've just not heard about.
How do I know when a fix is available?

[Post New]by Steenkamp_family on Mar 29, 14 6:31 AM
Also stuck on trying to pick up the 6th scarab!!! Very frustrating! Hint says to go there & nothing?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 29, 14 10:08 PM
Steenkamp_family wrote:Also stuck on trying to pick up the 6th scarab!!! Very frustrating! Hint says to go there & nothing?
Hi Steenkamp_family! Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately this appears to be a glitch in the game that has not yet been fixed. There are quite a few threads on this forum and the CE forum addressing this. You can copy and paste the URLs below to check a couple of them out:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/266303.page
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/263025.page

Again unfortunately, so far the only work around that seems to help players get past this is to start the game over using a new profile.

Regardless of whether you choose to start over or not, please consider sending tech support a report detailing your issue. The more complaints they receive about a single problem, the more likely they are to alert the developers to the need for a patch.

To contact tech support: Scroll to the top of this page and click on the "Help" tab in the upper right corner. When you get to the next page, click on "Still need Help? Contact Us" at the bottom of the left-hand column. Then just fill out your report and don't forget to include your Dr. Felix diagnostic (instructions on how to do that are included).

I'm sorry I don't have better news!

[Post New]by rustic_pony1 on Apr 6, 14 11:11 PM
safetykim wrote:I am stuck on the Black Diary page 19 - the puzzle where you move the ship around based on the directions. I was having some trouble figuring out the puzzle, closed the diary to do some other stuff, and now when I open the diary the ship is stuck in the same spot and won't move.

I, too, was working on BD page 19 and when I went back to it the ship had mysteriously sailed to a different location on its own and now won't budge. Perhaps the rogue pirates commandeered it. The glitch happened after I worked on the automaton puzzle and clicked the sailing map. When I went back to the diary puzzle the ship had moved.

AlixN
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by AlixN on May 1, 14 11:24 AM
I'm playing on an iPad and encountered a bug. It looks like at least two other people have encountered this (one mentioned it in a critical review on iTunes).

This involves the mutoscope part. I didn't finish the HOS where you get the part. I came back into the game and the HOS was no longer active. I couldn't figure out how to fix the mutoscope. The HINTS button says to go back to the entrance to the carnival. Once I'm there, pressing HINTS does absolutely nothing, I assume because there is no longer an HOS to point to.

It seems that for some of us, the HOS ends prematurely and we do not get the part, and there is no apparent way to fix that. Help?

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Can't get into Fate's Trailer

[Post New]by Cultistmum on May 10, 14 10:02 AM
have got all the scarabs and started the puzzle to enter Madam Fate's trailer but while I soon worked out I needed a second eye to progress I couldn't get it at all. I finally checked the walkthrough and learned I had done what should have released the eye (on the constellation screen after you join the dots on the polar bear) but no eye appeared. I got the one on the other side without problems, but can't go on without that one from the star chart. I reset three times but still no good.

Post Your Technical Problems For Mystery Case Files: Fate's Carnival Here Only!!

[Post New]by heimidog on May 14, 14 9:18 PM
orphaned wrote:should you encounter any technical problems, kindly post them here in this thread.

I have gotten into the first four scenes, and I'm stuck! Don't know what the inventory items are used for which includes a corkscrew, bird, a gold bird medallion, round beige disc, and I forgot the other. I've gone over it again and again, and can't figure out what I'm missing. Need HELP.
Thanks, Heimi

[Post New]by smarybling on Jun 11, 14 4:17 PM
I have installed and re-installed and my mystery fate's carnival will not open. I have troubled shot all the FAQ stuff in the help area too. It downloaded and I was able to play the trial now I have purchased and it will not open. Can anyone help??? I have emailed the Dr fix thingy and no reply

kjh40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kjh40 on Jun 26, 14 5:35 PM
phone under fabio or muscle man does not work, used the walk through and still does not work. Do you honestly want us to read symbols that are mushed up that you need a magnifying glass? It is not even recognizing I took the envelope to reveal the phone code. Please fix.

Go to: