MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Jan 20, 14 9:30 AM
I have had at least 6 times where the scene comes up but no inventory items listed. I have had to reboot a lot everytime this happens

high_ridge
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by high_ridge on Jan 20, 14 10:30 AM
Same here - but for me, it's always the crypt.

[Post New]by lillibit on Jan 20, 14 1:35 PM
got to the bit where you have to talk to the keeper but just keeps telling me to wait for update?

judy1689
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 20, 14 7:10 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with half completed quests resetting after leaving the game?

I ended my game earlier, having completed one of the 2 quests for Ana. I had completed the one to get the mandrake, bt when I came back to the game, it shows it as not having been done.

I left the game knowing that I could work on the one additional quest for Ana and one for the dragon, but now I have to do them all over again.

I'm on level 17. I thought this happened before, but wasn't certain. I also had used a lot of crystals to complete those quests. I shouldn't have done that. The last time this happened was after spending crystals to complete the quests.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Jan 20, 14 9:24 PM
I got to the keeper yesterday. He tells us to be patient and wait for the next update as some of you have already noted. When I went to log in and play the game today, it no longer works at all! When I click on the game, it seems to start as usual, with closing the game manager, the blue BF screen comes up, and sometimes the starting screen of Midnight Castle comes up, but then in the next second, it blanks out, and I get a MidnightCastle.exe has detected an issue and has closed the game. It has been working fine except for the freezing issues, but now won't work at all. I put in a ticket to CS, and am still waiting for an answer. Anyone who is friends with MiaRulesTheLand, please know that I am not ignoring your gifts. I will return any I receive as soon as I can get back on to the game!

mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by mj14 on Jan 21, 14 12:34 AM
Any updates on the game freezing when giving gifts issue? I thought it may have been because I was sending during high traffic time on the server, but tried again a couple of hours later and had the same problem. Was only able to give 2 out of 5 gifts today.

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Jan 21, 14 7:35 AM
tried to enter game today as it is listed as tomorrow's game but I still cannot log in. Same message as before midnightcastle.exe not working. Please fix this so everyone can continue enjoying the games. I am a paying member, have purchased many games and also spend on the ftp games.

judy1689
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 21, 14 7:47 AM
Something is definitely wrong with using crystals to complete quests.

I posted yesterday about this, and this just happened today:

Working on the Glinting earrings quest. (Anabel) I had to again complete the one for the mandrake root . . . the same one I had completed yesterday using lots of purchased crystals to do so. I've been on this quest for a couple of days now, and bored trying to complete it, decided to use the crystals to move the game along.

The next one left was the completing the Flag. 1 had 1/2 Shields of Order and 2/2 Banner of Loyalty.

I used 5 crystals to buy the Shield of Order, so that I could complete the Glinting earring quest. Does Not Register. Now, I've again lost precious crystals, and have to wait another hour to try and maybe get the one item I need to complete it.

I've wasted a lot of crystals for nothing. The game is not working properly.

If using crystals does not work, then why even buy them?

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Jan 21, 14 10:52 AM
how long will i have to wait ,now that i have sent the dr.felix files to big fish?

bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 21, 14 2:57 PM
Hello All,

Thanks for posting the issues that you're experiencing in Midnight Castle here.

It would be great if you would contact our Tech Support Team with the details of what you're experiencing, so our Reps can take a closer look. Please be sure to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report in your help request. To contact us, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jan 21, 14 7:41 PM
I don't see anyone else posting this issue, so maybe it's new? On my screen, that blue inventory icon, the one that looks kind of like a rug or a ticket (goes to inventory menu) never goes away on any screen, so that when I'm on a Hidden Object screen, it covers up one of the item names. It's a minor thing but it still bothers me. Anyone else? Or could it be something to do with my laptop? It's new and runs Windows 8, which is awful and seems to be causing graphics issues on certain websites.

[Post New]by PearlSniper on Jan 22, 14 12:16 PM
Midnight Castle will not even load since 1/21/14. Just get message that program terminated abnormally. Reinstalling did not help. You have heard this from others already, but I have not seen any response to this problem from Tech Support. I have no workaround to this problem, fix it.

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Jan 22, 14 5:14 PM
To Whom It May Concern: It seems the higher the level you go in this game , the more glitches you find. Example : Level 8...stopped getting 10 coins for every 5 flowers collected (not all the time). Level 10...started getting message " Not Connected to Server" (have brand new router and am connected). Level 13... game freezes on "Please Wait" when I gift my friends. I hope this info helps and you can get these glitches fixed. I really LOVE this game and I'd really HATE to have to call it quits! Thank You.

bichy
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Jan 23, 14 2:55 AM
I am having the problem of the items dropping and staying on the screen but not going into the inventory ie the torch from the crypt has dropped twice and I had two torches sitting on the screen but would not go into the inventory and stayed there while I tried to do other HO scenes. I had to log out to get rid of them but they still did not appear in my inventory - annoying when the you have to wait for the cool downs on HOs to be up and not being able to finish quests.

Edited on 01/23/2014 at 2:57:38 AM PST

[Post New]by chrystalmythlove on Jan 23, 14 9:35 AM
why cant i play the game or remove the game from my pc game is broken cant do any thing with it

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Jan 23, 14 10:49 AM
Continuously have "Unable to Connect" when I am connected to the internet. It happens so frequently I am unable to play the game more than a minute or two. I have tried uninstalling from suggestions in the forums, am unable to do so. I have filed a Dr.Felix Report with Customer Service. Thank you.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Game only open in Small Screen though Full Screen Option is checked

[Post New]by aim4stars on Jan 23, 14 12:44 PM
Issue: Installed game okay but it plays only in small screen even though the option for Full Screen is checked. I already have my screen resolution adjusted to 1024 x 768 (or higher). My screen ration is correct according to your Help menu. My settings re: screen ration are not the problem.
I tried to go into App Data/Roaming/Midnight Castle but could not find Midnight Castle in that line up. Don't even know if that's the correct solution.
Please step me through the fix for this
I have contacted Big Fish Tech support but thought others might already know a fix.

[Post New]by phillyangel1 on Jan 23, 14 1:14 PM
I have completed all available tasks so far, I can't complete the keys because I never received the emerald key and can't find how to get it. Some help please.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 23, 14 5:23 PM
Since installing today's update, I can no longer gain access to the game. I get a msg saying Midnight Castle.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. Thanks for NOTHING Elephant Games and BFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by NurseKarla on Jan 24, 14 1:18 AM
I'm impressed that there are so many people who have been able to actually play this game. I have yet to connect to the server.

Much as I really, REALLY dislike Windows 8... Is this game compatible with it? I'd like to be able to judge the quality of this game for myself.

Go to: