BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 28, 13 5:04 PM
Rebooting didn't work.
At the first hidden object scene there was no list,
and those annoying popups are still there.

I'll wait until it is fixed and then give it another go.

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Black Screen

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Dec 29, 13 8:37 AM
I also have the same problem as many others...black screen & music when starting. All my files are up to date & no problems anywhere else. Is this going to be fixed soon? I gave up a free game credit for this; I would like to be able to play it.

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Dec 29, 13 2:07 PM
I also have a problem with a black screen. But not at the start. It goes black when I do close ups. On the package and the doors can't see a thing. Second game today I can't play because of problems. Hope they iron out the problems.

manon1165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For TheGreatGatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by manon1165 on Dec 29, 13 9:18 PM
harmnone wrote:I, too, am stuck at the gallery. My "car key" didn't appear. I exited and re-entered the game and the "car key" was there. Clicked the "car key" and the map showed up but clicking on the Gatsby mansion got me nowhere. Another restart hasn't solved the problem.

Me too! Stuck at Gallery or Apartment: click the car keys to get to the mansion, but clicking on Gatsby mansion doesn't do anything.

manon1165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manon1165 on Dec 29, 13 11:40 PM
manon1165 wrote:
harmnone wrote:I, too, am stuck at the gallery. My "car key" didn't appear. I exited and re-entered the game and the "car key" was there. Clicked the "car key" and the map showed up but clicking on the Gatsby mansion got me nowhere. Another restart hasn't solved the problem.

Me too! Stuck at Gallery or Apartment: click the car keys to get to the mansion, but clicking on Gatsby mansion doesn't do anything.

Well, after reinstalling latest shockwave and flash, got it to work. Turns out the glitch was that the hidden object sparkles never activated on the cabinet in the front room of the apartment. You need to find the powder compact in the HOS in order to use in the gallery. After going to the gallery, you'll be able to go to the mansion.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Dec 30, 13 10:11 AM
I need to get the powder for the keypad. First I was having the problem of the disappearing cursor as well as the problem I am still having - I can travel back and forth between the two apartments but there is NOTHING to do in Judy's apartment. I have clicked on every item on the dresser in the first room (message at top of screen says there is nothing to do in the room) AND have clicked on everything on the dresser in the second room (as well as every place item in this 2nd room). I have clicked on every item I can see in both rooms. Nothing works. Please note I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and now the cursor does not disappear but still have the problem of not being able to continue with the game.

[Post New]by lullupa on Dec 30, 13 2:43 PM
Hi, for those who had problems with the black screen and sound only at launching, I just had it a few moments ago, and got past it by going on windowed mode.
Just press Alt+Enter, it worked for me.

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Dec 30, 13 7:38 PM
Glad you got yours working, manon. I have the latest Shockwave/Flash player. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the gallery. The lasers are starting to irritate me!

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Dec 30, 13 8:46 PM
So far the game runs OK-ish but I only played about 10 minutes of the demo as it is sooooo slow. The sounds are 4-5 seconds behind what's going on on the screen, the cursor is super slow and laggy, everything is just taking forever. When I click something it's 2-3 seconds until it activates. I uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off music, turned off the cursor and went to the regular system one. At that point, what's the point of playing? Everything is up to date, playing on Win 7. Only game I've had a problem with. Happy new year to all!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 31, 13 11:01 AM
Hello All,

If you're having display issues in your game, I'd recommend checking for software updates on your computer, to ensure everything is running as smoothly as possible. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at the issues. This will also allow us to gather information to escalate to the developer if necessary. To reach them, just click below:

Contact Us

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 12/31/2013 at 11:01:28 AM PST

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Dec 31, 13 8:40 PM
I reported mine and attached a Dr. Felix report. Seems like some of the files got sorta mangled. I dumped the player files and will try it again tomorrow to see if that fixes it. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Lonnirose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Lonnirose on Jan 1, 14 4:46 AM
I have a problem with the hint button. When I click on it to find out where to go next, it always directs me to the same place - a little above it and to the right - and there's nothing there. The only time the hint button works is in a HO scene. I really like the concept of the game, but it's just not working properly. And no walkthrough!

Nosferat2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Nosferat2 on Jan 1, 14 6:54 AM
ark161 wrote:i forgot what HOS it what but when i tried to click "mug" wouldnt select as confirmed so what to do?

I had same problem and so I quit the game and restarted. Problem solved.

Had a similar issue with the map maze, I was at the END and nothing happened.

I think for this game, if it should work and it doesn't, just close it down and reopen it.

I've played many BF games and this one is exceptionally laggy which may be a the root of the issue.

To the developers, I love the pit-pater of rain and the overall atmosphere and to the arachnophobes, I haven't seen any spiders....yet.

Edited on 01/01/2014 at 7:16:23 AM PST

[Post New]by uncommonfirings on Jan 1, 14 10:44 AM
I have no problems with this game other than one HOS where the pearl earring is apparently behind the large bottom right hint button and I cannot proceed. I have changed from full screen and have tried several different screen resolutions but nothing helps. I am playing on MacBook Air with latest software versions. I have a 13" screen and the Mac was bought mid 2011. I really like the game but am frustrated now.

Post Your Technical Problems For The Great Gatsby: Secret Treasure Here Only!!

[Post New]by RozanneLamar on Jan 2, 14 2:53 PM
I have uninstalled - reinstalled - restarted everything...I still get white spaces instead of words and the curser will not point on the screen to exactly where I need to go....I am so blown away..I am probably half way through the game and cannot finish..what do I do now?
Rozanne

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 2, 14 3:28 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're all still experiencing issues in your games.

In situations it's often helpful to check for driver or software updates on the computers to ensure that the game is communicating as well as it can with the system. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't work, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening here.

snookie, I'm going to send you a private message in just a moment. To check that, just click 'My Messages' icon to the right-hand side of your screen.

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

Lonnirose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Lonnirose on Jan 3, 14 2:07 AM
I could not get the hint button to work, and the game is very draggy. I finally restarted it using a different player name, and at least the hint button is now working but still very slow to change scenes. I will not buy another game by these developers.

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Black Screen

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Jan 3, 14 3:38 PM
ckristi88 wrote:I also have the same problem as many others...black screen & music when starting. All my files are up to date & no problems anywhere else. Is this going to be fixed soon? I gave up a free game credit for this; I would like to be able to play it.

Big Fish tech finally helped me correct his...I can finally play! Their solution was this:

Thanks for trying those steps and for sending in the Dr. Felix report. This indicates that your User DPI is set to 125%. It may help to lower this back down to 100%:

1. On the Desktop, right-click your mouse.
2. Click Screen Resolution, located at the bottom.
3. Once the window opens, click to "Make text and other items larger or smaller."
4. Set the size to "Smaller - 100%" and click apply.

Alternatively, if you prefer that 125% setting, we can adjust this through the Big Fish Games app instead. Basically this will make it so the DPI changes will only affect the computer when the app is on. Once you exit out of the game, the computer will revert back to how it normally looks:

1. Right-click on the Big Fish Games app icon. This should then open "Game Manager Properties."
2. Click the "Compatibility" tab and check the following boxes:
- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
3. Then click "Apply" then "OK."

[Post New]by squareface on Jan 3, 14 6:43 PM
uninstalled and re-installed the game still getting a blue screen. Hope BFG solve the problems

[Post New]by jairawls on Jan 6, 14 9:46 PM
jdelbove wrote:

After reloading the game, I am still stuck at the same place. I like the game concept, but not being able to play it sucks.

Edited on 01/06/2014 at 9:47:47 PM PST

Go to: