bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 8, 14 6:26 PM
Hello All,

I have good news! An update has been released for the game that should resolve the issue with the magnet in the bonus scene. For help installing that, please click on the blue text below:

UPDATED - Version of Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE (PC) Now Available!

If you're running into trouble after installing the update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into that.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

Emmail
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Emmail on Jan 8, 14 7:05 PM
Went into the game this morning and noticed the magnet had been moved over to the left of the bird. This solved the problem. Thank you.

Edited on 01/09/2014 at 4:32:37 AM PST

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 8, 14 10:44 PM
Same... still isn't working!

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Jan 9, 14 5:17 AM
It worked for me. The magnet was not on the bird's neck however but was slightly to the right of it's neck & looking a little like a horseshoe.

RoelV
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by RoelV on Jan 13, 14 1:20 AM
It works, the magnet moved a little bit to the left.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 15, 14 1:00 PM
Hello All,

I'm so happy to hear that the update resolved the issue for most of you!

blueeyedgirl1301, I'm sorry to hear that the magnet is still off the side of your screen. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jan 18, 14 7:45 AM
Haven't made it to the bonus game yet, but I'm at the part where I need to rescue Louise, playing a HOS, and there is a butterfly drawn on a blackboard, I need a butterfly, but no matter where I click on the butterfly or the blackboard it doesn't register. Very frustrating. According to the strategy guide it is the right butterfly.

I also notice a cursor lag. Why include custom cursors if we have to switch them off all the time? My computer is about a year old running Windows 7, and I auto-update, so don't try to tell me it's my computer.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jan 23, 14 3:23 PM
Followed your uninstall and reinstall directions and the game still does not run.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Oh noooo!!! I Never Ever Use the Custom Cursor But....

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 26, 14 11:16 PM
Sigh. I sort of did not remember that I had an actual REASON for never using custom cursors in games.

This is how it played out:
Bought the full version of the game.
Went to play.
Visited the section to modify sound settings & chose full screen, said tot myself, hey you know, you never use custom cursor. Why not give it a try?

Quarter of a second later: WAIT! There's a reason why you never choose that option, lady!

But alas. Twas too late. I spent the next 6 to 8 minutes moving my mouse around trying to get the pointer to register somewhere on the screen so that I could see where it might be. By mouse I mean trackpad. And by see ,I mean absolutely not see a thing.

So now I'm completely stuck. I cant see any cursor at all and cant really do anything. I had to control alt delete my way out of there. I am normally a mac user but Ive been using Windows for a few months now (Win8 PC) and I recall having the same cursor issue with some games on Mac, also.

Not sure what to do now.... I cant do a doggone thing. I had played this game for about 45 minutes or more before buying. Shoooooot. What is WITH these things? Are they normally poorly configured or something?

EDIT: I just returned to say this: I'm not sure what is best here - should I go ahead & press the button on my games manager to indicate that I've already purchased the game and then maybe uninstall it & reinstall it? Or....something else? I dunno.

Edited on 01/26/2014 at 11:17:15 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 26, 14 11:31 PM
Man oh man oh man.
I just wanted to come back to say that after having tried everything, I went ahead & uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it but it had kept my settings so the darn custom cursor thing is still in effect!

I guess there is literally no solution here!? This bites.

COUPLE OF DAYS LATER.....
I am probably talking to myself but here's what just happened: I saw this game's icon in my computer's games folder. I could not quite remember which game it was & I wanted to see. It opened up & I had the custom cursor issue again.

I *thought* that that was taken care of after I unin/reinstalled it. Another item which I do not remember.

thought I had taken care of that icon issue, but perhaps not? I did access this thru the game icon this time rather the games manager but I'm really not sure if either way would've made a diffy? So...its still messed up. I suppose I should contact somebody.

Edited on 01/28/2014 at 10:30:20 PM PST

[Post New]by spraguefamily on Jan 28, 14 4:30 PM
I am stuck with the wrench in my hand and can't put it down.

Any ideas how to get it out of my hand and proceed with the game?

Post Your Technical Problems For Dangerous Games: Prisoners of Destiny CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Sadsongsinger on Feb 6, 14 10:06 PM
This appears to be a different issue than everyone else has had (i.e. the magnet), but maybe someone can help me. In the bonus round, I just completed the dice game where the player must invert the dice pyramid by pushing around the red dice. I accomplished this and then it brought me back to the last screen without giving me anything. Come to find out I was supposed to get a ticket to put in the machine so I can pull some lever. No ticket. And it won't let me go back to the dice game because I passed it. Am I missing something or is there a glitch in the game? If I can't get the ticket, I can't finish the bonus round. Thanks for anyone's help.

[Post New]by DalGirl on Oct 7, 14 12:56 PM
I purchased this game to play on my iPhone 5S running iOS 8.0.2. When I close the game and reopen it, the game kicks me back to the beginning. I tried deleting the game and reinstalling it, but the same thing happens--right back to the
the beginning. Help!

[Post New]by Gherkin on Jan 9, 15 12:37 AM
I had the same thing happen to me....closed the game and when I reopened it I was back to the beginning. I'my playing on the latest iPad using iOS 8.1.2 and have purchased the game.
I had the same issue with the last game before this one - Face of Envy. As I hadn't purchased it I didn't bother playing it again and moved straight onto this game. What can I do as I'm not prepared to play all the way through to where it reset!

[Post New]by Dennix69 on Feb 8, 15 3:50 PM
Hi

I play on iPad and I've started this game twice and each time I've gone back in to continue playing its started me at the beginning. There's no resume button so not sure what I'm doing wrong. I did save the game when I exited. Please advise
Thanks

Plus whenever I go into the game it wants me to pay to unlock it which I have already done. I've never had this before on these games.

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 1:33:02 PM PST

[Post New]by bonita_112000 on Feb 14, 15 9:42 AM
I'm having a problem also with Dangerous Games: Illusionist. When I go to the webpage to download the demo it only says to "Update Now" It doesn't have the links that are usually there like "Play Now" "Buy Now" so I cannot download or buy this game? I would love to know what is the problem?

[Post New]by bonita_112000 on Feb 14, 15 9:45 AM
I'm having a problem also with Dangerous Games: Illusionist. When I go to the webpage to download the demo it only says to "Update Now" It doesn't have the links that are usually there like "Play Now" "Buy Now" so I cannot download or buy this game? I would love to know what is the problem? Should I delete my cookies and temp files and folders? Someone help please if you know what I'm talking about, I really appreciate it! Thank You

tholmes2
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by tholmes2 on Jun 21, 15 11:47 AM
Hi there
Bonus chapter, the ferry boat, first scene, it will not go off screen to do the next section, it just sits there.
I have tried full screen, windowed, custom cursor and non custom cursor, I am using windows 7 home premium,.
The game is running perfect with no other problems, except for this one, and I don't want to hit the skip button as I want to get all the achievements if I can...

Go to: