Re:Post Your Tech Issues for Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone Here!

[Post New]by O2Dinc on Jan 17, 14 2:05 AM
SilentWinter wrote:I'm stuck in the Fire hourglass mini game. No matter where I click, I can't "move" the parts to solve the puzzle. I could wait for my timer to fill and skip it, but it's frustrating that it won't even let me attempt to solve it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the Mac version. Thanks!

Hi SilentWinter,
in order to solve the Fire hourglass puzzle, you need to click and drag the rotating parts in order to move them

Happy gaming!

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Jan 19, 14 10:31 AM
O2Dinc wrote:
SilentWinter wrote:I'm stuck in the Fire hourglass mini game. No matter where I click, I can't "move" the parts to solve the puzzle. I could wait for my timer to fill and skip it, but it's frustrating that it won't even let me attempt to solve it. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on the Mac version. Thanks!

Hi SilentWinter,
in order to solve the Fire hourglass puzzle, you need to click and drag the rotating parts in order to move them

Happy gaming!

I had the same problem on my iMac.
After reading your answer, O2Dinc, I tried once again.
Yes, it works. But - it's incredibly hard to get the pieces moving. I had to make sure to move the cursor right across the 'middle' of the globe. And even then the parts didn't always move.
It takes a lot of patience.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

No Reset Button For Puzzles/Mini-Games

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 22, 14 5:05 PM
Heavenlyrabbit wrote:There is no button to reset mini-games.

This is a CE w/ strategy guide which means you can check if you are stuck on a puzzle. Having no way to reset the mini-games means if you attempt one and get stuck the strategy guide is useless since there's no way to put game back to starting position.

How this got through Beta with no one mentioning the lack of reset button is strange.

It needs to be fixed.

I would have bought this Collector's Edition game immediately but with no reset button, forget it. I'll wait for the Standard.

I am surprised by this talk of reset buttons on mini-games. I have been a member here since 2007 and have purchased about 415 games here now and my experience has been that reset buttons in mini-games are not the norm.

There is no issue about the SG having the solutions and but the solution being moot because of the lack of resets.

Along the same lines, many SG don't give the steps to the solution, they just show a finished mini-game, with language like:

"Play mini-game. Solution is pictured."

I don't see anyone complaining about that. Seeing the number of posts you have made here in the forum, it's clear you've probably played a game or two here on BFG. I would think you would know that reset buttons, while occasionally available, are not the norm.

Most certainly, however, is that there is no error that "...needs to be fixed" if reset buttons aren't available. Some developers use them on certain games, some do not use them at all, and some developers sometimes have it both ways in the same game.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 22, 14 5:12 PM
CiChDa wrote:Thanks to all of you for your suggestions...
What are we suppose to do now about not having the menu button?
What have you others done?
I am at loss on how to proceed now...

I couldn't use the menu the first time I opened this game and tried to go back to the menu from game play. All I had to do was close the game and reopen it and my menu is working perfectly now. I am on a Mac OSX.

jackee1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jackee1 on Jan 23, 14 2:50 PM
TabithaMoon wrote:

Same here! I finally got the bottom ring to turn but I don't know how and I couldn't do it again. I've clicked everywhere.

I have a Mac also & I am having the same problem. I can't move any of the parts...

Edited on 01/23/2014 at 2:52:08 PM PST

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Jan 27, 14 4:39 PM
I cannot enter the menu. I am running a Mac OS X 10.7.5

All updates are current. I tried everything to exit and must have hit the right combo to force quit. Do you know what buttons they are? I cruised through the forum and saw something for the PC but am drowning in info here. I just want to know in case it happens again.

I do not want to uninstall and reinstall. I do not want to start over again.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Jan 28, 14 3:56 PM
ChocPeng wrote:
CiChDa wrote:Thanks to all of you for your suggestions...
What are we suppose to do now about not having the menu button?
What have you others done?
I am at loss on how to proceed now...

I couldn't use the menu the first time I opened this game and tried to go back to the menu from game play. All I had to do was close the game and reopen it and my menu is working perfectly now. I am on a Mac OSX.

[Post New]by mike136 on Jan 28, 14 4:18 PM
vic2636 wrote:what is up with the bonus chapter? I made the same mistake that several others have made, choosing the wrong picture at the end of the game. I did not realize that the left picture would make you have to play the game again to get to the bonus chapter. Why wasn't the bonus chapter better identified? will there be a fix for this problem. I refuse to play the game again. this is 2 collector's edition games is a row that I can't complete the bonus chapter. I will be very choosey before by another.

I had same problem and tried modifying some of the profile files. Changing 0 to 1 for extras enabled. But then when restarting the game it said the profile was corrupted.
Seems like there should be a fix to be used in the profile folder. Why wasn't this question ever answered when many people had the same problem?

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Feb 3, 14 8:01 AM
I am having a problem with game manager when I try a new game the manager closes then wont reopen after the trial is over then I have to reinstall it and install all over again every time I try to play a new game.I have a PC.

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 8:02:20 AM PST

[Post New]by jazzyjeans on Sep 24, 14 1:51 PM
Not sure if this is a technical issue or not. I just started playing the game yesterday and have gotten to where you pour the bowl of dust in to get the earth element. I have clicked everywhere but it keeps saying; "That won't work here". I checked the guide and his is where it shows to pour the bowl of dirt. Using Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Pentium i7 Quad Core Processor, everything is up to date.

[Post New]by federation8 on Nov 21, 14 7:11 PM
Having problems with Mythic Wonders, the philosopher's stone. I finished it & pushed the wrong character in the bonus chapter and now must replay the whole game. I already went into the forums and uninstalled, reinstalled & made a new profile.Didn't work. Now I lost my profile that has all my achievements. A new profile only allows you to see the locked bonus chapter, but it is not available to you until after you have completed the game. The game is long and I'd rather move on.

Go to: