Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jan 14, 14 6:54 AM
hi
I am at the part where I need to trade the bone for telescope dog has. I gave him the bone and ii shows that he dropped the telescope. That is until I do the close up to get telescope, then it shows he still has telescope in his mouth. If I am at a distance the bone is in mouth, telescope on ground. What's happening? Anybody else have this issue ?

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jan 14, 14 6:59 AM
it seems I only need the lens, but can't get that. I am in Prague area. It is driving me nuts.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jan 14, 14 2:24 PM
winellen and Petsitterkathy, I'd recommend restarting your computer to give everything a fresh start. Once you've done that, make sure all unnecessary programs are closed down. If that's still happening, it would be worth a try to uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure everything has downloaded properly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

seeme278, when a game crashes like that, it sometimes means that there's a driver or some software on the computer that could use an update. For help doing that, just click below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions don't help, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more targeted suggestions. They can be reached by clicking below:

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jan 15, 14 8:03 AM
I didn't pick up the crucible when I placed the rope. Now I can't go back and get it.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Jan 15, 14 8:46 AM
Smith54Sandy, I took your advice and bypassed the exploding cylinder. Thanks

rogam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Train: Spirits of Charon CE Here Only

[Post New]by rogam on Jan 15, 14 10:39 PM
orphaned wrote:please post any technical problems here .....
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't get into the window with the hats and the strategy support tells me to go to the coupe and break in and take the wallet. I can't get near enough to the coupe to even be able to see the doors.

ziptzapt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re: Prague problem in Haunted Train:Spirits of Charon CE

[Post New]by ziptzapt on Jan 16, 14 1:13 PM
In Prague, near the start of that city, the hint says to go to the train private cabin/room and in there, the hint no longer works. All I have is a "wire" and need to feed the dog.
Part two: I was able to backtrack and pick up a wedge and go on. But now, the dog takes the bone and won't release the scope. Zoom out and the dog has the bone in his mouth; zoom in and the dog has the scope. Can't pick up the lens.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 3:17:10 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 16, 14 1:24 PM
I was booted out of the game the first time I played - right at the wedding scene (I didn't get very far). I didn't even receive an error message. Just booted out, thanks for playing, bye. When I tried to get back in all I got was a black screen and that is it - I waited, thinking the game was loading but the screen just remained black. I had to reboot FOUR times just to get the screen back. Now I'm afraid to even play this game and am thinking of asking for a refund of my two credits.

I've never seen my computer do the things it just did. The "on" light was blinking? That has never happened before. Has this game damaged my computer?? I even lost my cursor!

I can see there are lots of problems. I'm not happy. I've been waiting for months for a promised fix for another game and nothing ever happens. And now this.

And I'm still an ugly herring.

Edited on 01/16/2014 at 1:28:26 PM PST

[Post New]by janecrowell on Jan 16, 14 3:56 PM
Hi,

I, too, am having trouble. I get an error message but not the common one. Any fixes yet? I'd love to play the game! Thanks!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 16, 14 8:32 PM
I can't finish the game because of the gems on the chair. I have tried everything. Studied the strategy guide, used the hint, wrote a request on the forum. Would love to be able to finish the game. If it is another technical glitch I'm going to write customer service.

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Jan 17, 14 5:20 AM
I would like to know when this game is going to be fixed, it seems that too many people are having issues that Tech Support cannot fix. Instead of telling us to contact Tech Support why don't you listen to what people are posting here and just fix the issues. I really would like to finish this game, it gets so frustrating to get almost finished to have a glitch hold me up. Please fix it already!!!!!!!!

RGC123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RGC123 on Jan 17, 14 12:01 PM
I too am having difficulty only it is the video/audio at the beginning and throughout the game. On the train when I click on the champagne bottle the screen goes black and there is no audio as well. Apparently after the video plays the game resumes. After much searching I have found that the game uses a OGG file for it's vid/aud which is not compatible with Windows media player.

wcxpyi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by wcxpyi on Jan 17, 14 8:09 PM
I have tried to complete this game several times. I have uninstalled and installed twice. Last time I was stopped at the map that is on inside of train door. I have one flag symbol on map the other is on window sill, but I can't pick it up. I am really tired of messing with this and would just like a refund.

5Jodi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 5Jodi on Jan 18, 14 10:53 PM
I am at the site in Rome where I have the amber sphere in the fire place upstairs in the lodge. I took the tongs to get my salamander and it won't allow me to do so. I checked with my strategy guide and it says use your tongs to receive the salamander to continue the game. And I can't get any further.
So I uninstalled, and reinstalled. Still I could not grab the salamander with tongs. The pail of water has long gone ( there was a little write up above this piece that said " the salamander was too hot to pick up." I used tongs, I figure it wants the pail of water, but that is gone now.) The hint button keeps going to the salamander as well, but nothing happens.
So I exited and then came back and clicked on RESET and now it has taken me to the very beginning of game. And I am kind of deflated now. Not sure if I want to continue and I really like this game a lot - reminds me of the older games.
So, can you help me? We need a fix, otherwise it's money refunded.
I prefer that you give me a fix or tell me what I have to do to carry on with the game

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jan 19, 14 1:12 AM
Played the demo and everything was fine, but when I purchased I now have problems with freezing and a wonky cursor. A Head's Up for anyone thinking to buy!

[Post New]by carjam65 on Jan 19, 14 4:35 AM
UPDATE: I reset the game to start over and then couldn't get the 2nd Paris button. The window curtain is already tied back with the Paris button showing but I couldn't click on it to add to inventory. I restarted my PC, uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Interesting that after the reinstall I started the game at 2% completion. (where I was after I reset the game to start over the first time.) I reset the game to start over again and it started at the beginning but I still can't get the Paris button.
This game definitely has problems. I am asking for a refund !

I also crashed 60% of the way through the game. (PC version) I restarted the game and finished the "Piper" segment. Received one of the Prague tokens and then got stuck. I resorted to the Hint button which takes me back to the Luxury Coupe and then has no hint from there. I then looked at the Strategy Guide where I determined that I didn't have the necessary inventory item to complete the next step. I hadn't noticed this before so I don't know if all items disappeared after the crash or not. I need the broom to drop down the hatch in the common car which I remember obtaining before. I guess I'll have to start the game over and see what happens as there is no solution from here. I've never had such a serious problem before with games obtained from Big Fish. A few crashes but I was always able to continue play after restarting. I'm very disappointed. Hope there is a fix soon.

Edited on 01/19/2014 at 5:48:02 AM PST

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jan 19, 14 8:07 PM
Reposted from the 'broom thread' as it really belongs here:

I've also been unable to proceed due to the missing broom, on the way to Prague. I've also had three access violations in this game alone. Unfortunately, this is the third game in a month or so that has had major bugs and I've been unable to proceed I've been a BF member for a few years now, and a good customer, but recently, the level of quality control on the games has gone way down. As a programmer, I wouldn't be able to put out software this unfinished without being fired. I'm not sure where the problem is, as there are multiple software companies involved.

At this point, I really think Big Fish needs to take some action. If I have to check the technical difficulties thread for every game prior to purchase, it's just not worth the effort I respectively request that Big Fish step up their quality controls on these games. I would have stopped purchasing from any company if I constantly encountered manufacturer defects in their products. Software is no different

Sorry for the rant, but this really has gotten out of hand.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jan 19, 14 10:38 PM
I was having the same problems as krinneyd the game crashed out 3x's i just played again and was able to complete the full game...but they DO have some bugs that NEED some fixing!...also it seemed not to be totally seamless...any how just thought would put my 3 cents in and am glad to know i am not the only one who had this irritating problem.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jan 20, 14 12:17 AM
janspack wrote:
Sforet71 wrote:Twice so far I have gotten booted out the game and then access violation pops up. After the first one I checked if I needed updates and had none. I am running on a brand new computer bought in September so don't think it's the computer booting from the game. So far in two weeks every game but one I purchased has given me access violation. I guess if it does it again I will uninstall then reinstall and hope that helps. Really good game though otherwise.

I've had the same problem. Just got booted off for the second time. Agree that it is a great game and it's still worth playing despite the odd hitch.

me too...

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jan 20, 14 4:30 AM
Good Morning all! Ok, I un-installed-re- installed, downloaded the "fix from BigFish", but still a no go, the cabinet that needs oil has a glitch, I received the oiler, but when I went to use it, the jacket was visible, and not able to use the oil, very frustrating.

Go to: