Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 5, 14 3:22 PM
I really think you should be able to gift more than 5 times in a day. This could be a reward for finishing HOS quickly, you could get an additional gift slot. Or get additional gift slots as you progress in the game at certain levels. Just 5 gifts a day doesnt really promote social game play..imo also would be nice to have some sort of in game messages. There have been a lot of complaints about the recharge time the higher levels with no real benefit for finishing quickly...solve that by allowing us quick players to gift more!!!!!

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 5, 14 3:31 PM
I think that instead of more gift slots... we get a small recharge time break. Say 5min off the recharge time for every 100k in experience earned once the HOS has reached max level. If it is given as an item that could be used on any scene it would make the game a LOT more fun!

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,628 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Feb 5, 14 3:55 PM
Currently level 17

It would be interesting if, when the characters receive crafted items and visibly change in appearance, that their animation also is slightly changed.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,628 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Feb 5, 14 7:53 PM
Currently level 17

Friends' Wishlists blocks need to include the ID number as some "Player"s do not choose names. This also applies to the information provided when clicking the received Gift.

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Feb 6, 14 4:38 AM
Valdy wrote:Shaggy, if you want to give away a particular item, and you are not sure how many you have, just look in your inventory before you gift someone. Unless it's items which I know I have lots of or don't need, I always first check to make sure it wasn't my last one I would give away.

And I agree about the slow way to get through the alphabet. And when I gift someone with, say, the letter "L", I wish that the list would not go all the way back to the beginning but let me continue from there on, and only go back to the beginning once I have gone out of the list.

ETA: Or, allow us to choose whether we want to scroll from A to Z or from Z to A. That would help as well.

Yes, this is also my suggestion. It would be nice to know what you have in inventory before gifting. I have to close and then remember what I am looking for when I go to the inventory and then go back and remember what friend I was going to give it to so having the inventory show us in the friend screen would be so helpful!

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Feb 6, 14 4:43 AM
I know a lot of people are complaining about the time it takes to recharge the HOS. I have to agree. But then I close and play a current game for an hour and then go back and play. So I'm not wasting my time waiting. I do hate that I have 3 quests and all of them need the Iron Chest. I'm so glad it only requires 2 demon eyes. And not 4 items like the other crafting places. It's a bummer to have to wait so long to get my crafted items to complete, but I"ve found that doing the HOS that I don't need builds up on some of the items that I need for other quests along the way. So it's okay, just wish they wouldn't gang up on the few resources for the bell tower, I seem to wait for that one alot!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 6, 14 12:33 PM
Efi24, my problem is not so much wanting to get rid of friends (who ever has enough friends to get rid of them?). I just want to clear up the people I've offered to friend but who haven't responded. Also, since it seems that JustJohn is not a "real" person, I wouldn't mind dropping him . I'm not unfriendly, I'm just too obsessive to want all this clutter around!

efi24 wrote:
I guess it's all about the type of person you are. Being able to delete friends seem like the least of my needs or worries regarding this game. Also in this game I have way more friends than in others, not because more people play it but because of the gifting option, I'm pretty sure. It is a nice option and new to us all. And the game allows you to send only 5 gifts a day and no more than one to the same person. So having 60-70-80 friends while being able to only gift 5 of them per day means we all owe a lot to all of us. Still, gifts is not about owing. Maybe auctions are better. Friendly people don't feel bad about themselves and less friendly people have less hypocrisy to practice. .

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 9, 14 8:47 PM
I wish there was more of a story. We spend so much time with the characters and we don't know much about them. Why are the changing? Why and how did they come to the castle? Henry the Archeologist mentions his daughter, who is she? Will we meet her later? I hope there will be more information about the characters when the new version is released.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Feb 9, 14 10:56 PM
LizzieK, there is a note on the page with Anabel talking about Henry and his daughter Anabel.

We still don't know who the other person in that note was!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 10, 14 1:17 AM
Thank you sheilamilo.

I see by the note that Anabel is Henry's daughter. I hope the story fills out in the rest of the game.

I think the other person in the note is perhaps our uncle from whom we inherited the castle.

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 1:20:24 AM PST

charlieisr
Clownfish
Clownfish
907 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 11, 14 10:45 AM
THE GIFTING THING IS A HASSLE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON THE FRIENDS LIST AND THAT ONE WOULD POP UP AND SHOW WHAT THEY WANT. WOULD MAKE IT EASIER.

BUT THE THING THEY REALLY NEED TO ADD IS A WAY TO CONTACT YOUR FRIENDS. SOME DON'T USE THE FORUM. THAT WAY YOU COULD CONTACT THEM IN THE GAME. DROP THEM A NOTE. GO BACK TO THE GAME. NOW YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE GAME. AND SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THEM ON THE FORUM. MOST TIMES NOT.

HI! BONDI GIRL

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 11, 14 2:16 PM
I don't mind the wait for the hos. Would really like to be able to gift more. Perhaps as other people have suggested it could be something you earned while playing. Start at 5/day and then make it an achievement and bump it up by levels as you complete more of whatever the task might be.

Also agree, would like to be able to remove friends. See amount of gifts given and received. and see how much I have in inventory of each item. also would like to see all the other gifting suggestions like the ease of scrolling etc that others have mentioned.

Quick chat would be great if possible. There is no way to get in touch with someone unless they have been on the forum. Have people would like to offer gifts of eggs if they have been especially nice etc.

Playing as Eliana
Thanks

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 11, 14 3:55 PM
The developer may have limited the gifting to 5 a day so that people would not be able to gift to themselves very often. If you set up another user on your computer or install the game on another computer then you can play the game as multiple players. When you hit the 1 hour wait on one player you could switch to another player and play that HOG and get the item and gift it to yourself as the original player. You can still do this but only 5 times in a day for each different user you have set up. Of course you can't always control what item you get when playing a HOG if you are not on a specific quest.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Feb 11, 14 4:20 PM
LizzieK wrote:The developer may have limited the gifting to 5 a day so that people would not be able to gift to themselves very often. If you set up another user on your computer or install the game on another computer then you can play the game as multiple players. When you hit the 1 hour wait on one player you could switch to another player and play that HOG and get the item and gift it to yourself as the original player. You can still do this but only 5 times in a day for each different user you have set up. Of course you can't always control what item you get when playing a HOG if you are not on a specific quest.

I know I have set up a 2nd player...but not to gift myself...but so I can gift more to my friends as I find 5 a day is stupid for some of us who play alot and have extra items and would like to help out other players who might not be able to play as much and get frustrated by not getting a certain item to complete a quest. I personally think that would be a stupid reason not to allow people who want to be generous the opportunity to be.(not calling you stupid lizzie,,,but sending that message to the developers if you are right!!!)

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 11, 14 6:20 PM
I set up a second user so that I could play the game since I am locked out of my first game due to the technical issues with this game. I think you'll find that to be the reason that many players have created a second user.....NOT so that they could send gifts to themselves. Most of the players in this game are pretty generous with gifting.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 12, 14 2:28 PM
Bedazzles wrote:
LizzieK wrote:The developer may have limited the gifting to 5 a day so that people would not be able to gift to themselves very often. If you set up another user on your computer or install the game on another computer then you can play the game as multiple players. When you hit the 1 hour wait on one player you could switch to another player and play that HOG and get the item and gift it to yourself as the original player. You can still do this but only 5 times in a day for each different user you have set up. Of course you can't always control what item you get when playing a HOG if you are not on a specific quest.

I know I have set up a 2nd player...but not to gift myself...but so I can gift more to my friends as I find 5 a day is stupid for some of us who play alot and have extra items and would like to help out other players who might not be able to play as much and get frustrated by not getting a certain item to complete a quest. I personally think that would be a stupid reason not to allow people who want to be generous the opportunity to be.(not calling you stupid lizzie,,,but sending that message to the developers if you are right!!!)
I also notice that you can only gift a friend once a day. This would also discourage gifting to oneself.

Most people probably don't set up additional players to gift to themselves. I think if players had not been locked out at level 18 most would not have even thought of that option. I think the developers just don't see gifting as good for their profits. The more people gift to others then the less players would need to buy diamonds or coins. The developers (the game Credits show BFG as the lead developer) want players to spend money so it would make sense for them to want to limit the gifting.

The primary function of games for us is to have fun but for them it is to make money. So we are on two different sides of the coin.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 12, 14 2:34 PM
I'd like to see the user names be unique. I made the mistake of asking a bunch of people with the same name to friend, and now can't keep track. Senior moments aside, I assume this would be a fairly easy fix for the devs and would be a plus for more people than just me

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 12, 14 3:30 PM
I agree with RosieBVT about the user names. There are currently 13 players named Lizzie. Thankfully there is only one named LizzieK, but that could change at any time. It is very confussing.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,170 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 12, 14 4:57 PM
LizzieK wrote:I agree with RosieBVT about the user names. There are currently 13 players named Lizzie. Thankfully there is only one named LizzieK, but that could change at any time. It is very confussing.

Of course, we all know you are THE Lizzie, K or otherwise! Not many whale sharks out there. A tip of the fin to you

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Feb 12, 14 5:51 PM
I agree about the names too. But I'll add that if they showed the friend code with the name on the gifts received and on the wish lists we could have 13 Lizzies and still tell them apart.

Go to: