momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems for Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by momsford on Jan 19, 14 9:39 PM
I downloaded the game, got ready to play it, and screen blinked, went black, and the icon moved to the start up tray. Tried over and over to get it to work. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing. Guess I won't be playing this one.

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems for Order of the Light: The Deathly Artisan CE here only

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Jan 19, 14 11:05 PM
Anyone else having problems placing the 3 boards to get over the flooded ditch to get to the Antiques Store to find the peppers? I have placed those boards over every square inch of the area with no luck. The pic in the SG looks so simple and quite unlike the scene where I am trying to place the boards...but there does not seem to be anyplace else to go to for the placing of these boards. I am hoping there is a simple explanation and I am just stupidly overlooking something important. The hint just shows a circle in the upper left hand side that must be the objective after placing the boards in their proper place...but where that might be is very frustrating. No one else has mentioned this, so I am hoping it is just me and I am overlooking something very obvious. HELP!!!!!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 20, 14 1:28 AM
Well, I followed our charming mod's suggestions about updates, etc and even though my computer is apparently up to date, deleting and then re-downloading the game again did the trick. I've never had to do that before in all the time I've been a member here but I'm glad it worked, this is a peach of a game with loads of stuff to do and achievements to win.

Jewel, the three boards went right on the gap at the bridge for me. You're in front of the antique store?

[Post New]by rmcCDA on Jan 20, 14 8:48 AM
I cannot go any further than Sayman's house. The damp rag on the hot handle to the pipe simply does not work. Also, the water has not stopped flowing into Rupert's house...and there doesn't appear to be any additional action that can be taken. Anyone else having these same issues?

[Post New]by CareyGravely on Jan 20, 14 11:42 AM
Hey,

This has been a really good game but I have had several tech problems. When I bought the game after the free trial, I was not taken to where I ended but to a place before that. Also, later after playing the game for an hour or so, several of the puzzles stopped working in mid-game. Later after I turned off the computer, I was back to the beginning although I had played almost 80% of the game. Is this my computer or the game? Other HOG are working fine.

wagannon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wagannon on Jan 20, 14 12:15 PM
momzugg wrote:in removing the boards on the windows, i used the wrench (or which ever item it was to remove the 3 nailed boards), it removed two of them than i wrench disappeared...i cannot remove the third board.....cannot proceed

I have the same problem can't proceed

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Jan 21, 14 12:03 AM
snapnhiss, okay, update...I finally looked around a little better than I did before [must stop playing games at 3 in the morning when I am too tired to see straight] and VIOLA! Thanks for taking the time to answer my plea for help.!

Edited on 01/21/2014 at 12:11:16 AM PST

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Jan 21, 14 7:04 AM
I have Norton, and I didn't have any problems with it. I just finished the game and I loved it from beginning to end. This one doesn't get boring after you buy it. I have gotten warnings with some games saying they are unstable, but not this one.

[Post New]by rainbowdragon70 on Jan 21, 14 10:08 AM
Jewell1111, what was the answer? I'm stuck at the flooded ditch as well.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jan 21, 14 11:36 AM
Have they fixed the glitch with the 3 boards yet or are we still waiting?
Anyone figure out how to proceed yet?

kiwichook
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kiwichook on Jan 22, 14 5:26 AM
Have a problem with HOP in the chapel basement, Took chisel to get coin from the wall but chisel has now disappeared and coin is still stuck.
Can't go any further as need wing tile.
Any one else had this problem? Will be contacting support. BFG getting a bit tired of problems with your games recently.

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Jan 23, 14 12:00 PM
Tested game and decided to buy, game will not load constantly gives me error code I have deleted and re-installed 3x's . All I want now is my money back,I will find another game,too many problems with this game. JMHO

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on Jan 24, 14 9:51 AM
I was pulling the nails out of the window and the pliers disappeared on me before I could get the last board finished is anyone else having that issue? Is there something else I need used to remove the board? HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by ilikecats on Jan 24, 14 5:07 PM
Got close to the where I had to use a pliers and take boards of and I could only take
two off and the pliers was gone and I had another board to take off. What happen?

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Jan 24, 14 6:56 PM
Same problem so many are having. Can only remove 2 boards out of three. Then pliers disappear. Can finish the game. So many problems with this game. So sorry i bought it. But the demo did not give me problems.

[Post New]by dgrove8018 on Jan 24, 14 8:11 PM
rmcCDA wrote:I cannot go any further than Sayman's house. The damp rag on the hot handle to the pipe simply does not work. Also, the water has not stopped flowing into Rupert's house...and there doesn't appear to be any additional action that can be taken. Anyone else having these same issues?

[Post New]by ljacob on Jan 24, 14 10:32 PM
cherleadford wrote:Same problem so many are having. Can only remove 2 boards out of three. Then pliers disappear. Can finish the game. So many problems with this game. So sorry i bought it. But the demo did not give me problems.

Me too. Frustrating.......

jagran
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by jagran on Jan 25, 14 7:10 AM
Haven't even got past the opening screen. Cursor goes haywire and I am unable to click on anything. Like Options for instance. Eventually exited and tried again, with the same result. Looks as if there are too many glitches in this game, so I will give it a miss.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Jan 25, 14 8:19 AM
I am using Windows 8.1 and I finally got through the game with many forced pauses and play stoppage. Was in the bonus game having same problems until the last time when coming back into the game, I found all my progress was deleted and I would have to START COMPLETELY OVER!!!! I was just hurrying to finish this game and I found it enjoyable when it behaved, I certainly don't want to replay the whole game again. It's just too frustrating. I'm going to close my computer and reboot and HOPE my progress is restored.

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Jan 25, 14 9:25 AM
Is BF going to address this problem of the "Missing Pliers" ????? This game has a number of problems and I am sure most are not the computers fault. The developer needs to fix the existing problems and do an update to the game. I cannot proceed any further in the game then Saymans house; like so many others. Re-downloading did not help.

Go to: