Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Shadow Shelter Here Only !!

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 2, 14 3:02 PM
After exiting the game to post my problem with the hint button, I opened the game again. Now the hint button works.

valharms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by valharms on Feb 2, 14 8:01 PM
I'm having the access error problem also. I have downloaded 3x now. SERIOUSLY annoying..this games sounds like it has major issues. I wish I had tried it first.

rana1901
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rana1901 on Feb 4, 14 12:58 PM
I cannot complete the game. the owl medal won't stay where it is supposed to.

[Post New]by KICAVE on Feb 10, 14 12:32 PM
Have wrong key for the dining room, it is the billiards room key and it won't work, anybody have any ideas how to get the dining room key. Also the hint button takes way to long to recharge, tend to lose interest when you have to wait that long.

[Post New]by txblueyes on Feb 17, 14 4:53 AM
I need help getting into the billard room. I have restarted this game 4 times and each time I can get to where you click on the chandilier then are suppose to go to billard room. I have the part you need to put on the door but each time I gwet stuck there anad cannot go any further. It won't work forv some reason. Am I doing something wrong? Please help . I have been stuck forever

[Post New]by triggaman697 on Feb 22, 14 12:52 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:Hint button not working at all. Does'nt matter what options game set to. It is always half full, but never fills up. Such a shame I would really like to play this game as I live in Scotland. It looks really interesting and different. I have managed to muddle through for 30 minutes but as it's so diffferent and you need to think a bit outside the box I don't think I can play the whole game without a hint of any kind. I'm not one for playing on hard mode.
I would love to finish this game and I thought I could use a CC and get 2 points this morning. What a shame.

CONT.
Thanks Tillybaby. Restarted game and Hint button now working.

[Post New]by triggaman697 on Feb 22, 14 12:54 AM
Get the game free using frostwire.com then use a malware program to scan the game for bugs before you install it!!!!!!!!!Ninite.com will have safe programs to install!!!!!!you can get a lot of game most are CE games for free on frostwire.there is a game provider wendy.

Edited on 02/22/2014 at 12:58:41 AM PST

[Post New]by triggaman697 on Feb 22, 14 12:59 AM
KICAVE wrote:Have wrong key for the dining room, it is the billiards room key and it won't work, anybody have any ideas how to get the dining room key. Also the hint button takes way to long to recharge, tend to lose interest when you have to wait that long.

[Post New]by triggaman697 on Feb 22, 14 1:01 AM
The key for that is the magic hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This game is a **** i'm stuck trying to get the ball from the monkey!!!!!!!!!!!

NellGwyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by NellGwyn on Mar 1, 14 1:15 PM
I want to play this game soooo badly but each time I try (have downloaded and re-downloaded) I have a very weird problem (has occurred in about 3 other games, including Christmas Carol and had to uninstall them). In HO scenes, the objects to be found appear against the background as cut out white areas. All 7 valves were white patches of several different sizes. So I go along anyway. Next I had to go to the fuse box and then the game crashed. It said that the exe. stopped working.

This certainly looks like my type of game but I am very disappointed that I can't play it. HO signs are certainly no challenge when they appear as white patches! Granted I have an older video card and I'm guessing that's my problem but was wondering if this was happening with anyone else.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks!

[Post New]by rosecottage103 on Mar 2, 14 8:30 AM
I am as far as the bathroom. Managed to locate two lights for the mirror!. Every time I hit the Hint button at each site am told there is nothing to do here!. Can't move on or do anything, help!.Thank you.

[Post New]by LibbyC1996 on Mar 27, 14 3:36 PM
Ok I am at the end of the game almost. I have the Venus Fly Trap's mouth open. What do I do now?

[Post New]by LibbyC1996 on Mar 27, 14 3:37 PM
rana1901 wrote:I cannot complete the game. the owl medal won't stay where it is supposed to.

Re: BURP

[Post New]by dealuvs on Aug 15, 14 12:10 PM

I am close to the end. Past the black Doberman dog. I threw the ball and he ran after I. Then I descended the stairs and I'm STUCK!!!

The game is telling me I need a mirror with the demon's name on it and a thistle which I do have both of these!!! I also have the founder's hand and a shield but I cannot get through this door!! Game tells me "I'm not going down to the demon empty-handed." But I'm NOT empty-handed.

Any ideas!??

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Purchased Game: Will not open AT ALL!!

[Post New]by siscokid on Sep 10, 14 4:21 PM
I bought this game awhile back when it first came out and was able to play it successfully one time. I really enjoyed the game very much, went to play it again at some point and now I cannot even get it to open! Click, click, click....nothing. Pity really, and extremely frustrating! Anyone know of a patch or something to fix this? Seriously bummed that I cannot re-play this!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 24, 14 4:05 AM
I tried to play this game again today. It's still impossible to play and there are white squares everywhere, not just in the HOS. Hint is refilling ok, but that does not make up for the "battle of the white squares." Looks like it would have been a good game.

Zampolino
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Zampolino on Dec 10, 14 7:06 AM
Is that maybe a technical problem: When i click the clock, the boy sends me back, i go forward again but he sends me always back - i can't click the clock to solve that puzzle, if i do so, he sends me back again.....In each room, included the one i'm stuck i get only the message: 'It looks like there is nothing else to do here'

see my special post 'Stuck in last room with clock' in the forum, others have the same problem - ty for help!

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 27, 15 12:49 AM
All I got was a blank screen, I use windows 8.1.
Just what is going on at Big Fish, I'm getting tired of games that have been released, that don't work, it's really not good enough, get your act together BFG

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Purchased Game: Will not open AT ALL!! BUYER BEWARE!

[Post New]by siscokid on Jan 27, 15 5:07 AM
siscokid wrote:I bought this game awhile back when it first came out and was able to play it successfully one time. I really enjoyed the game very much, went to play it again at some point and now I cannot even get it to open! Click, click, click....nothing. Pity really, and extremely frustrating! Anyone know of a patch or something to fix this? Seriously bummed that I cannot re-play this!

Beware of all of the glitches, snafu's and other "gremlins" that are worshipping this game. Save your $2.99 because all you will get is a headache with some added frustration for good measure. When perusing the problem with tech support, they advised me that it is the responsibility of the developer to fix or mend any and all issues. This particular developer has not done anything to address these multiple problems. I went so far as to write to the developer(s) with no success or satisfaction. As you can see, there are a lot of others that are having serious issues with this game. Fair warning.....

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 28, 15 11:43 AM
Thank you for the above post, siscokid. I'd tried playing the remaining 23 minutes I had left of the demo earlier and am now getting access violation messages in the room where I had no problems yesterday. I was planning on buying this game with today's 65% off sale but now I get to save the $3.49 to spend it on something else. With all the glitches we've been getting on so many games recently (and with nothing being done by the devs to fix them) we'll just have to be pickier regarding where to buy our games in the future. It's too bad really since used to be so much better than this.

Go to: