lindsey56
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Game Reviews for Shadow Shelter

[Post New]by lindsey56 on Feb 1, 14 6:02 AM
This is a great game! I loved every minute!

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 1, 14 5:02 PM
I agree with all the good things said about this game, but unfortunetly, (never could spell that word!!), there were too many tech problems with the game, so I never even finished the Demo. I couldn't. At one point (as I have explained in the tech problem forum), my footsteps just kept going and going and going, just like the Energizer Bunny, only I never ended up anywhere!! That was it. I had to reset my computer in order to get out of the game. The only reason I haven't put the game in the garbage can, I am hoping to give it a try at a later date.
For you guys that the game is working fine, good for you. Cuz it really does look like a good, creepy game. Graphics are TOP NOTCH!!

enjoy

feenix

[Post New]by lysab41 on Feb 3, 14 6:50 AM
I was excited to play this game. I started it and from the start was confused. Unless it is my game, I can set profile but I can't play as that person. The map is very confusing as the rooms are not labled. Also, when you go from room to room you have to keep going back to the map so it takes a bit of time.When you get the keys, you don't know which room they belong too. Is it just my game or does anyone else have the same problem?I had to reload my game and start over as I was almost finished(or so I think I was) and it took me back to they beginning. My name was there but I could not access it . So, now trying again but ready to ditch it. Sadly because I am enjoying the story and the creepiness. UGH!

[Post New]by ANNGOS100 on Feb 3, 14 7:55 PM
I don't understand about the girls dancing in the music box...can someone help?

[Post New]by minze58 on Feb 8, 14 12:31 AM
I would not reccomend paying for this game. Played full version and was disapointed.
Seems to me that NEVOSOFT is a 4th grade project that got a D- at best. If this is all BIG FISH can supply I would rather go back to 7th Guest on an old 8088 computer, When I tried to EXIT game it crashed Windows. TWICE. AVOID NEVOSOFT at all costs.

frieda5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by frieda5 on Feb 9, 14 5:53 PM
tookat wrote:Thank you for the great review Nilosh.
I am about to go demo and see if I can handle that many dark scenes and HOGs because it sounds like an intriguing game.

I wish Devs would learn to put in a gamma correct so that those of us with computers whose screens run dark, can correct what the game sees.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Feb 14, 14 10:10 PM
I am late in reviewing this game as I actually missed it and almost never even tried it. I just want to agree with all those that said it was a fantastic and clever game. Challenging and interesting and all kinds off things that most of the games aren't. I am picky. I like what I like and I loved this game. I don't like hidden object scenes normally, but things were done in a different and clever way. More please!!

mado_109
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mado_109 on Mar 1, 14 4:09 PM
I found this game too boring - special effects were good - but everytime I went either in or out of a room it had to download - and it took awhile to do so. The hint button also not very hopeful, the HOG not very good either -
I've played a lot of games and I have to say this was the worse yet -
Big Fish is starting to do some slacking if you ask me - lately most games I've bought have had a problem on either freezing or not up to par !!!
I think it's time to move on

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 7, 14 9:15 AM
I actually lasted about 20 into the demo before i got a bit frustrated and tired of all the darkness and spider webs. A lot of HOS which seem to be focused for those who either can't read English or can't read at all. Pictures of items are located at the top of the screen and you find them..one or two of the HOS actually have written lists and the HOS are very dark...hard to find items.

The hint is the longest refreshing hint I've ever encountered which really bogs down the game...don't click on it unless you absolutely have no other choice. Not a great deal of dialog and I saw no cut scenes except at the first.

Game kind of dragged for me...I found myself losing interest pretty quick. I need a game to catch my interest and move quickly....trying to find items in the darkness and the odd placement of the inventory bar made this game awkward.

I encountered no mini games or puzzles in the time I played so can't review those...but if the skip is as long as the hint to refresh, you could be sitting for a long time if you chose to skip the games.

Looked like it could have been a cool game if it had be lightened up a bit and the hint worked quicker. Transporter map seemed to be fine except the game doesn't move around a great deal or very quickly at least. A no buy for me, even on sale. I give it a 2 out of 5.

Orunmila
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Orunmila on Jun 1, 14 9:16 PM
It is an inventive take on a tired plot, but one has to be HOG OC (obsessive/compulsive) to fully appreciate this game.

The reason I ditched Shadow Shelter before the end of its demo is that I was spending a lot of time waiting for the rooms to load. I could feel the minutes of my life ticking away. That is not the affect I want when I am gaming.

Is this application single-threading its subroutines? Is it loading enormous files?

Nevertheless, the slow loads and the HOG overload seem to be the only negatives. Shadow Shelter has wonderful graphics and a great approach to telling a story.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 23, 14 10:34 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I played the demo and undecided about buying it. I have to use the hint button when I cannot see objects in the HOS. The hint button takes too long to recharge. I timed it at 5 MINUTES. This is too long.

A hint that takes five minutes to refill and no skip button???? No, thank you!!!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 22, 14 11:49 AM
I rather liked this game. The Hog were different. The only drawback was some scences were too dark and the hint button was super slow to re chargehttp://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/ . The map helped some of the time. I liked how you had to unlock the doors. Used a coupon on this and was a good choice!

Go to: