achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

Re:New Quest Mysterious Express

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Jun 26, 14 3:49 PM
Great experiment Crow and Clashfan! Good information to know!

As an observation, I needed 15 of the fire dust from the Juggler to assemble Poseidon's ring. I FINALLY acquired them all but have not assembled the artifact yet. In only two hours of playing in Paris I acquired another FIVE, yes, FIVE. Remember, I feed every creature as they come along. But to find that many in two hours vs the weeks and weeks it took to get 15. Hmmmmm

Also noticed same "coincidence" with runes. When I desperately needed a camel I went thru almost 200 chests before getting one. Now I have oodles of them.... I changed that strategy long ago and only went into the runes when all of my board slots were full with at least 5 of each type.

Thank you for doing that experiment and for sharing your results! Keep us posted please

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Oct 28, 14 7:24 AM
Daeneryz wrote:

150 silver tarra cards
100 gold tarra cards
1 strawberry jam
Temporal Paradox
2 large master sets of Maya runes
10 bells
10 phase watches
10 solar lamps
10 hammers of Thor
1 energy of time (250 energy)
25 creature summoning scrolls
1 pouch of pearls (250 pearls)
15 problem solvers
40000 coins
1000 experience

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 5:43:50 PM PST

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Oct 28, 14 2:30 PM
Well I gotta say I never thought I would say this but this quest is "delightfully" full of ghosts.

Not looking forward to revisiting that dark train scene with the impossible to see bowler hat though.

zumapuma
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by zumapuma on Oct 28, 14 4:46 PM
Marjasinstar wrote:Oh, I remember this offer. This was the first offer I ever attempted. I had just started playing this game. Memories light the corners of my mind . . .

Laughing...

This could be my post. I started here as well, but never attempted it because I had no clue what a quest was and I'm pretty sure I didn't have Paris open. I started in June (nanny, nanny, boo, boo, LOL). You, my dear, may be retired and a professional gamer now (that just cracks me up), but I am disabled and found this game during a particularly difficult time in my life and it has been a wonderful diversion.

Even the new "wild" cat that was brought to me to evaluate is letting me play without too much help from her. She is just so excited to have an indoor clean place with a clean bed and all the food and water she wants and toys and buddies that she is ignoring the computer.

One thing about having had this quest before, I have lots of things accumulated. I am dreading the dark train with little itty bitty things, but I too like to stretch these quests out so I guess it will be fine.

Will see what the gifting situation is from my end.

Happy playing all.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Oct 29, 14 5:24 PM
Awww, Zuma, you come here and let me give you a big ol' hug. Yes, I am a professional gamer. Hehehe. Only problem is my husband thinks I should be a professional house cleaner, of our house, instead of a professional gamer. Shhh, don't tell him I'm playing.

For all who dare attempt this offer, it is a fun one. But like Crow and Zuma said, the room is soooo dark. Oh my stars, I used so many hammers in there.

Edited on 10/29/2014 at 5:26:44 PM PST

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Oct 30, 14 12:39 AM
It's official this is my most disliked room. It's just so dark and monochromatic as well with little bitty items. Funny I remember it being hard the first time I did this quest not excruciating.

All the stuff in Paris and the ghosts were good though and if it's got a good reward chest. Still if it ever comes up again I think I'll pass on a 3rd round.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Oct 30, 14 8:59 AM
Clashfan78 wrote:It's official this is my most disliked room. It's just so dark and monochromatic as well with little bitty items. Funny I remember it being hard the first time I did this quest not excruciating.

All the stuff in Paris and the ghosts were good though and if it's got a good reward chest. Still if it ever comes up again I think I'll pass on a 3rd round.

I agree Clash. The room is to dark and these eyes can't see those itty bitty things. I agree the chest is great but I'm passing this second round.

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Apr 14, 15 12:53 AM
Bumping to April 14, 2015

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 1:33:23 AM PST

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 14, 15 5:35 AM
Hi Fishes

Yay no timed room

http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_Express

I wonder if the Moderator will remove it again.

love_doxies
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by love_doxies on Apr 14, 15 8:05 AM
Has it really been since October that we had this quest? Seems like yesterday! Aargh!

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Apr 14, 15 9:21 AM
So, Clashfan, are you in or out? The evil choo-choo has arrived, once again. I passed on the orange paint, but I think I'll play this round.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 14, 15 10:48 AM
Hmmm...getting tired of all the old/recycled offers! Haven't had a truly new offer since 3/11. I may sit this one out.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 14, 15 11:05 AM
Groan....not the evil dark train right after the dark orange pirate ship.

If we are really unlucky they will rerun the candy room next.

I'm thinking I'm going to give this one a pass this time around all though the reward is a good one for those that complete it.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Apr 14, 15 11:17 AM
Beth87112 wrote:So, Clashfan, are you in or out? The evil choo-choo has arrived, once again. I passed on the orange paint, but I think I'll play this round.

I'm out! I swore the last time that I would not play this room again. So dark and dreary it just puts me to sleep. I did do the orange paint as that room has sort of grown on me but not the evil train.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Apr 14, 15 12:36 PM
These old recycled ones are more pleasurable for me than the new ones.

Clash, Crow, Mommerj: You probably have everything twice over already, what are you thinking? it's easy. I'm done already , trying to figure out where to go til Thursday.

I actually now know where to find the bowler hat! Amazing that it was staring me in the face the whole time.

Be careful players if your first or second time when the cake tongs are at the bottom of the screen next to the bell, the only way to get it is hammer of thor, and I had to use it at least 4 times. Wait til the last 3 items then use the hammer.

Also, you'll use plenty of tarra cards for the whole quest beginning in Paree'.

But like always if you've played the "quest" several times, they "allow" the object to drop in a different mode. Which is always a bonus!

What the heck go in there and show them what a pro really looks like!

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Apr 14, 15 2:12 PM
I was going to pass on this one because I have done it twice already but after reading stars post I will probably give it a try again. what the heck.

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Apr 14, 15 2:38 PM
I haven't done this yet but, boy oh boy, it sounds like I can't wait to torture myself!

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 14, 15 8:39 PM
Star, You are correct, I have played these offers SO many times that finding the objects are easy, as I know where to find all the objects.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Apr 16, 15 8:30 AM
This is the first time I have been able to play the train as every time it came around before I was too busy.

At risk of being publicly flogged, I have to admit that I like the room!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 16, 15 8:50 AM
This is my 3rd time playing this room and I think 3rd time the charm as I enjoyed playing in the room Just a shame that the items that we had to assemble gave no exp and gold. Got to think chest reward I suppose I like the offer for all the ghosts that I had to get through as well, my train room is at level 3 I'm a hunter in paranormal

Go to: