completed the game

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Re:completed the game

[Post New]by imm1264 on Jan 24, 14 5:49 AM
I completely agree with you Tamlin55!! --especially about the loading between rooms. LOVED this game--quite challenging. Looking forward to more games like this.

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Jan 24, 14 10:00 AM
Wow! Just finished the game thanks to help from forum tips. It really made you think and not having any skip button really made it quite an adventure! Only took me about 7 hours to complete! LOL

joa4you
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by joa4you on Jan 24, 14 12:50 PM
The monster quits moving after a point and I can't locate the item to put the hand onto. I got rid of the mirror/thistle, now it's only the hand that's left, but for some reason, when the monster stops moving (I still hear the fire popping and the music), I am unable to locate the plate on the right back to put the hand onto. What is the solution??? Is my game defective or am I missing something? (There is nothing "blue" happening to collect around the monster)

[Post New]by Bndzimmerman on Jan 25, 14 5:14 PM
I went around in circles before I could open the gate. There is a little locked box that you need to open in one of the upstairs rooms. That's why you have the lock pick.

[Post New]by puppynurse on Jan 26, 14 2:39 PM
Okay so just finished this game and it was by far one of the more difficult to complete. I did like it but at times I was extremely frustrated.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jan 28, 14 1:37 PM
I have always liked Nevosoft. This was a real departure for them but I really, really liked it, and so should everyone who complains about handholding (not that I do). No minigame instructions but you can't skip. Relaxed minigames through most of the game but two really critical timed ones at the end. Stunning graphics. I don't think a walkthrough would have improved it, personally. And can we assume from the post-game cutscene that there will be a sequel?

jsp13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jsp13 on Feb 6, 14 2:39 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:Ermm, you guys. I didn't mean that literally. It was meant kind of 'tongue in cheek'.

I think if you all made a help thread of your own that might be the way to go.

You are ahead of me, Oldgamer99, LOLOVESHOG or Pattyjean.

But @ Janice, if you are looking for the billiard room, you don't need to deal with the kid right now. Go left (point your cursor near the bottom left of your screen) to move there first.

LMFAO!!! I know what you mean Tiger, I need hep too.

I've got to the end and I can't work out how to defeat the demon. Keep clicking on the runes but then get blown back into the stairway. oooch

hurrumph. Most frustrating. and very bruising. hey ho - Battle on!!

jsp13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jsp13 on Feb 6, 14 2:47 PM
pattiornot wrote:I tried to insert the owl door medal and it will not stick. is this a tech. problem or is it me. pattio

You have to do a few more things before you get to that door.Actually, a lot more things!

Don't wish it over, this is a brilliant game that keeps on giving

jsp13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jsp13 on Feb 6, 14 2:56 PM
bobbybear wrote:could you tell me what to do in the kitchen with the stone challis, have put grapes in but can not do anything with stone challis please

It's as long as you like. Someone took 7 hours, I've been playing for about the same, but it all depends on how quick you are to 'get' stuff, like what goes where, how to navigate without tears (HARD!!) etc

I think this game's well worth the price - but then I do have a Pass lol

jsp13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jsp13 on Feb 6, 14 3:06 PM
gernespieler wrote:
Oldgamer99 wrote:HELP!!!! I'm at the gate to battle the demon but don't know what to do now. Nothing shows on the map and the hint button says Nothing to do Here. I have the hand, thistle, door medal and mirror. Using any/all of these on the gear spots yielded no response.

insert the door medal, that opens the door then throw the mirror and the thistle at the demon. After doing so you will see some blue shining parts all around the demon and you need to collet this as quick as possible. The parts will form a kind of plate on the right side, if this is complete the hand goes there

Trouble is, no matter how fast I am collecting the icons, the Beast still chucks me back into the stairwell! (I have found that going from Right to Left is quicker but that's not much help )

Nothjing else to do but keep trying - unless you have a more effective brilliant idea!

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Feb 13, 14 1:06 AM
Loved this game! Got all the help I needed from the journal and the map. Brilliant story, hidden object scenes that felt like part of the story, and I loved the hand writing out its story into a book you could read any time you wished. The puzzles weren't so hard that I ever felt like needing a skip (except that doll dancing box, which I figured out by just punching buttons).

[Post New]by chickadee22 on Feb 18, 14 3:52 PM
Hey, Nicklin--if you finished the game, you must have figured out the flytrap. Please help some of us out who are stuck on that? How do you get the thing to keep its mouth open?

Go to: