jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 29, 14 3:18 PM
I've asked for help regarding this access violation trying to enter the lower levels. I have to say, it's the first time I've ever been disappointed with the response from Big Fish. The representative is apparently convinced that the problem is with my firewall even though I have explained twice that everything from Big Fish is on my computer right where it's supposed to be.

Why that would cause this violation in the middle of the game is beyond me anyway, but I'm not a tech person. Since I am unable to play the game, I was given a coupon for another. That was very nice, and I used it, but I am very disappointed not to be able to finish this game which I was thoroughly enjoying! I guess the only thing to do is wait it out and see if after enough members are unable to finish the game and complain, a solution will be found.

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Jan 29, 14 4:30 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:The HINT feature does not work UNLESS it's to point to move to another location.

I've got it on both Macs: OSX 10.7 and 10.8.

The music's pretty, but c'mon! Surely they debugged the game before the release?

Hi Soquel! Your Apple using Summit neighbor, here in the Howling Wilderness, is sympathetically chiming in to say that she had nearly the same issue. My 27" iMac runs OS 10.6.8 and the Hint button would do *exactly nothing* (and then REST for 90 seconds, haha! ) whenever the button was hit. I found myself relying on the Strategy Guide for whenever I was reeeeally stuck.
I did manage to finish the game as well as the bonus chapter but by relying on the SG when I got snagged. I gave up on the Hint button after about four 'Huh? WT#? Nothing happened!!!" tries.
Other than that, the game was a lot of fun, a good length and I enjoyed the unique extras. I just wish the Devs had Beta tested more thoroughly beforehand.

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on Jan 29, 14 5:37 PM
Add me to the list of access violation error. Deleted and re-installed and started over with a new profile. Same error at the elevator to the lowlands. It is a problem with the game and not computers.

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Jan 29, 14 6:56 PM
what do i do with the silver valve???? looked in the strategy guide and it looks like i am suppose to use it in the guardian post to get a hammer to help with the chisel to open the chest. but i can''t find anywhere to use the silver valve to do all of this. shows nothing on my map and when i press the hint button, nothing happens anywhere in any scene.

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this a glitch or what??? can't get a reply anywhere else !!

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 6:57:56 PM PST

[Post New]by pysens on Jan 30, 14 3:03 AM
judithg315 wrote:Add me to the list of access violation error. Deleted and re-installed and started over with a new profile. Same error at the elevator to the lowlands. It is a problem with the game and not computers.

lpslov37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by lpslov37 on Jan 30, 14 8:10 AM

problem, Error:Access violation and also DominiGames has stopped working.

[Post New]by Gramma26 on Jan 30, 14 11:45 AM
Same problem as most everyone else is having - Error Violation and Domini Games has stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and this has not helped. Everything needed has been updated on my computer and I am running the latest version of every darn program that they tell me to check. This is the second game I have had these same problems with and until the developer's fix this - it will not work!!

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Feb 1, 14 6:34 AM
Im playing the demo. My cursor is not changing when over an object that needs to be picked up or when there is HOS. Is this my version or is this standard (I'm playing in advanced mode).?

[Post New]by lmmarsh02 on Feb 1, 14 10:48 AM
Same problem as everyone else. Crashes when I get on the ramp to go to lowlands. Did the updates, still crashes. Getting ridiculous! Fix the issue PLEASE!

Stuck at the fountain - Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition Here Only!

[Post New]by pjbhome on Feb 1, 14 12:15 PM
I keep getting level 00n error when trying to apply the pan with the frog on the fountain. Needless to say I'M STUCK and can't go any further. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but that didn't fix the issue. Will there be a patch for this game?

[Post New]by duhette on Feb 2, 14 10:39 AM
I can't even get the game to start. It did just fine with the demo. I liked it so I bought it, downloaded it and when I hit play nothing happens. I don't get an error message I just get nothing, nothing at all.

[Post New]by brevatt on Feb 2, 14 6:06 PM
Having the same trouble as a lot of people with access code violation . Is there a fix for this problem. It is not my computer . thank you

[Post New]by sylvandtweety on Feb 3, 14 4:40 PM
My game keeps freezing when I am trying to do something with the mole.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Feb 4, 14 8:55 AM
The same ---getting access violation at the lowlands. Will send in a Dr. Felix report. Hope we get a fix soon----good game up until this point.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Feb 4, 14 9:07 AM
Came in to see if others were getting this error and I see it is quite prevalent. OK, I'll send Dr. Felix and dxdiag to tech support. I am already running Game Manager as an administrator all the time.

[Post New]by Milan_85 on Feb 4, 14 5:35 PM
Can only go so far & get kicked out of game. Try & restart & it will not load. Any suggestions please? Never had a problem with other Big Fish games.

deepmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by deepmot on Feb 5, 14 6:16 AM
A fix is needed or refund sent. Demo played fine but after purchase, game won't play at all. It just keeps going back to game manager " Thanks play again"

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Feb 5, 14 6:48 AM
I also must unfortunately join the club of LOWLAND CRASH!!! I've been a friend of Felix for over two years and my computer is up to date(windows7 & monthly full checks) I know that this problem is NOT my computer. Why can't we get a patch made from the developers?? or is Big Fish only interested in the purchase and not the quality of play. All of the fishes who have reached out for help here don't want a refund -we want to be able to FINISH THE GAME!!! That's why I trust Big fish to present games that are clean and playable, I guess I've been wrong. Really disappointed with this one guys. May-be next month someone there will contact the developers and suggest that they check their program.

[Post New]by canuckbby on Feb 8, 14 6:51 PM
Same problem as many of you.. "Access Violation". I have ordered games since this one and have had no problems. How many of these posts before someone takes notice????

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Feb 9, 14 12:21 PM
Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Collector's Edition
Re:wet rag ~ HELP?

I know I should be way past the area
where I should have been able to Wet The Rag in The Fountain,
but still no go.
I get frustrated, go forward doing something else, then head back to try again.
Alas, the Fountain is still not clickable.

Inventory on hand: Dry Rag; 2/4 Colored Stones; Girl Emblem; Two (gold looking) Balls
Reading S/G trying to make sense of it all......
{Ch 5 pg 37 shows to use the Wet Rag.}
I'm there and beyond.

? HELP?
** UPDATE **
My "Hint" Button is no longer responding,
along with my 'Map Indicators'.

New Update:
I removed the game from my PC,
shut everything down, did a deep cleaning,
rebooted and reloaded Game w/same profile,
but no change whatsoever.

? HELP ?