_ok_
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:New Update installed Does Nothing?

[Post New]by _ok_ on Jan 29, 14 7:29 PM
Not sure if it was the update or if just leveling up at the same time did it, but all of a sudden, all the map cities are producing many more resources for me, as has been mentioned, as well as the more rare collectibles. Also, playing the mini-games now generates the collectible every time or almost every time for me, whereas before it was once every 5 or 10 tries. Thanks programmers - we really appreciate all your hard work and understand how much time and effort you put into this game!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 29, 14 7:34 PM
gamelover57 wrote:I was really angry when I downloaded the update and discovered that it fixed none of my problems. I wrote Big Fish Customer Support yesterday and got an answer today. It seems that this update was targeted at problems with purchasing and a few other bugs. Anyone have purchasing problems? Anyway, according to the person that answered me, there is supposed to be another update coming out soon to take care of other problems. I can't complain about Customer Support but I'm still upset at Boom Zap. Do they care at all about the people who play their games? I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks for that info. I just opened my game to be greeted by a banner announcing a currency sale. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

I hope the person at BF has been given the correct info, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next update was another holiday update (remember, we're getting "exciting stuff" and the glitches will still be here.

I'm totally disgusted with BoomZap and have abandoned all plans to actually spend money on this game. Won't be buying any of their CE's either until they get their act together. They appear to have spread themselves too thin.

Sherriesim
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Sherriesim on Jan 29, 14 7:54 PM
I'm in total agreement with LXC and Tirama Sue, The update has spoiled everything I like about the game. HO are tedious when all the set items are given on the first click, then every other object I find has the same stuff behind it, namely bricks and paint which I don't even need. Gone is the surprise of finding out if I'd won the orbital or the cuddly toy, I know if I have or not after the first click.

The mini games are spoiled in the same way I know I've won before I even open it, it's guaranteed. I don't even need the stuff I win now, what use it is to complete a set for bricks when you already have more brinks than the great wall of China thanks to the last HO you played!

Even selling the items at auction has had the fun snuffed out of it. Gone is the thrill of knowing you have the only rarest of the rare collectables in the game, no... You look up your prize collectable and find there are 300 others all on sale for 50 coins! (and they've not even sold at that) The whole core currency of the game is in danger of being obliterated.

I was really enjoying the game apart from the un-removable Christmas wreaths and the Christmas music, Now I think I'll take a break until it's all fixed, although I think it'll take a while for the auctions to get back to what they were, and the auction is the main part of the game I play for.

Note to devs: If you must break something with the next update, please make it the leaf mini game. That would be a bonus.

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 7:56:57 PM PST

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Jan 29, 14 8:30 PM
I know the developers can't please everyone; neither can I. :-)

But I agree with Sherriesim (I hope I've interpreted you correctly):

The strategy parts of the game were obliterated with this last update. Mini-game's give collectables so liberally that achievements are no challenge; getting so many palettes, hammers, etc., does away with the need to strategize to help gain them by visiting certain cities and, lastly, why buy an auction item when it can be won every time you play a certain level in a mini-game?

When I auctioned I tried not to ask too much for even the rare items so other people could fill quests. But now there are so many of everything and they're so cheap.

And, please, accidently delete that darned leaf mini-game. Maybe another game like the tailor's shop?

BTW, I've had no problems with or complaints about the game up until this update. Well, maybe the missing 40 bars of gold and "Christmas That Won't Go Away." :-)

Thanks for reading.

RussellShihTzu

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 8:41:12 PM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 30, 14 1:22 AM
Ok, I am now getting the extra resources you all have been talking about. I had to delete the game and reinstall it, then I started getting everything. WOW! It really is a LOT of extra stuff. Its a big relief for me because I was so frustrated that I wasnt getting them. I agree it may be a little TOO much but Im going to take advantage of it and stock up. I have a feeling this wont last long. BZ probably just did that so we'd stop complaining about the missing gold while they work on next update. Im willing to bet, that the next update will take all the extras away. Meanwhile, Im enjoying it.

Thank you very much BZ and BFG!!!!!

Edited on 01/30/2014 at 11:03:30 AM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jan 30, 14 3:49 AM
Just played the game this morning and found that I am no longer getting the large number of resources/mini-game items from the HOS. Seems to be back to one or two resources....at least for the 5 cities I played. And I tried the mini-games to see if they are still dropping on the first click....they are not! So it's back to business as usual for the Antique Shop! I'm guessing that something about the banner for the coin sale took care of this glitch.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Jan 30, 14 5:19 AM
gamelover57 wrote:I was really angry when I downloaded the update and discovered that it fixed none of my problems. I wrote Big Fish Customer Support yesterday and got an answer today. It seems that this update was targeted at problems with purchasing and a few other bugs. Anyone have purchasing problems? Anyway, according to the person that answered me, there is supposed to be another update coming out soon to take care of other problems. I can't complain about Customer Support but I'm still upset at Boom Zap. Do they care at all about the people who play their games? I'm beginning to wonder.

The good thing is that many folks were complaining about buying gold, and coins and never getting it. That along with others saying gold just up and diapered along with Christmas issues, game issues and so much more. So I am taking it they took 1 month to work on the purchase issue?? Now we can expect for them to finally start working on another issue?? Really I am not going to say what is on my mind, but if you ask me this is a waste. Taking that long to fix 1 issue.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 30, 14 8:54 AM
Another problem with this update is that it is a real resource hog. I used to be able to toggle out of the game and post messages on forums or update my spreadsheet or send an e-mail, but now, when I try to do any typing with this game open, it's like back in the days of 300 baud modems, each letter sloooooooooooooooowly appears.

And doing an uninstall and a new download doesn't fix the problem. And it's not my computer, either. I can toggle in and out of Awakening Kingdom just fine. Besides, my computer has an Intel Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz processor, oodles of memory, and a dedicated graphics card.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 30, 14 2:55 PM
Ah - I had that same problem yesterday and got very frustrated when I was trying to type things in. I have never had this problem normally as I have fast internet connection with high capacity download.
But once I closed down my computer and re-booted, everything is back to normal, so it must have been a temporary glitch with the site.
The most likely explanation is just overloading - that we were all on at the same time trying to access it. This sometimes results in the on-line connections being interrupted if too many people are on. For example when we get the message that there are "no auctions" - it's just that too many people are trying to do the same thing at the same time.
It sometimes hits me that despite the complaints that appear in these forums, there are probably hundreds (maybe thousands) of happy customers out there who are just playing the game.......

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 30, 14 3:13 PM
wulfruna wrote:Ah - I had that same problem yesterday and got very frustrated when I was trying to type things in. I have never had this problem normally as I have fast internet connection with high capacity download.
But once I closed down my computer and re-booted, everything is back to normal, so it must have been a temporary glitch with the site.
The most likely explanation is just overloading - that we were all on at the same time trying to access it. This sometimes results in the on-line connections being interrupted if too many people are on. For example when we get the message that there are "no auctions" - it's just that too many people are trying to do the same thing at the same time.
It sometimes hits me that despite the complaints that appear in these forums, there are probably hundreds (maybe thousands) of happy customers out there who are just playing the game.......

Nope. I just started up the game and then disconnected from the internet. With no internet connection, typing on my spreadsheet is still slow. Close the game and everything is fine. t's not the server, it's the program.

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Jan 31, 14 5:49 AM
On the contrary.... for me this update gives 3 maybe 4 x's the needed resorces needed (hooks, glue, film ect.) In Certain games. Now... to me I have so much and yet it really does nothing for me, I feel like I am in a vicious circle..... I just now need to wait for them to open more search areas and who knows how long that will be? Awaking Kingdoms is also great but the only issue here is that you get nothing extra in the mini-games which makes me not want to go in there if not neccessary.
I Hope We Will All Continue To Hang In There, Because They Are continually Updating. Take Care.

Go to: