bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jan 29, 14 8:16 PM
Well! I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It worked fine until I went down the hatch. Then the game froze and I had to use the Task Manager. When I went back to play the game it said the game or something was corrupted and I needed to restart the game with a different name. Guess that is it for this game. I will not start again after all the problems I have had with this game.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Jan 29, 14 9:11 PM
boldy1 wrote:game keeps freezing up

I would like to get past the first five minutes of the game, it froze three times. I was on the trail version, using windows 8.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jan 29, 14 10:36 PM
WOW. You can not get very far, very fast. I've gotten VERY frustrated. I thought it would be a good game, and it might be. I downloaded it right away. I want my money back. It keeps freezing, especially during the puzzles. I don't even want to bother with it any more. Obviously I'm not the only one. I've only ever complained about one other game. Do I address this on here about a refund for this game?

[Post New]by scubadoobidoo on Jan 30, 14 4:36 AM
Game freezes all the time..there´s no way i can play..it kicks you out and you have to start again. i think the main problem is that it does not load between scenes

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 30, 14 4:44 AM
Initial install - got message that trial was over. Uninstalled and installed again - got usual trial minutes.

Started game - got Blue Screen (BSOD).
Rebooted PC (Win7x64).
Started game - got black screen and had to kill process via TaskMgr.

Uninstalled game via GameMgr - got unusual messages. First one: "The program or feature \...\Obscure Legends - Curse of the Ring\uninstaller.exe cannot start of run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available." Second message was similar.

Above info sent to BF Customer Service.

UPDATE: Game is working well today. Go figure. Started up PC. Reinstalled the game. Plays fine. Exited and restarted it multiple times, worked fine every time. I have no idea what 'shook it loose'. Will not go through uninstall process yet. Will likely use PCC on Monday to get this game. I wrote back to CS with this update.

ETA: Per the other reviews, I will wait to purchase until there is a fix for the freezing issue. I have not run into that myself, but given my initial issues, I think it best to wait.

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 4:01:51 AM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jan 30, 14 9:53 AM
I am having problem in the hut it says click on book but it wont let me it keeps going to the lantern! I cannot get it to click on the book?! HELP!!!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 30, 14 10:26 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to see there have been so many issues with the game freezing.

This has been escalated to the developer and they are currently working on a fix. If you would like to troubleshoot the issue or contribute to the development of a patch, please contact out Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps can look into this for you.

Thank you very much for your patience while this gets resolved.

bfgWendwater

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jan 31, 14 5:57 AM
Thank you WendWalker. Will we be informed when a fix is available? I'd really like to purchase this game, but do not want to go through the whole install, have problems, uninstall thing again

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 31, 14 7:23 PM
This game was recommended at a chat site from a past BFG member posts, well all lot of us flushed CCC members are there. I did not do the demo when it was first offered as it did not look that interesting. So download the game to give it a try! Was amazed as I wanted to purchase it, but had to stop and take care of RL!

Well I did not get the freezing problem but after install I played about 30 min of game, no problems!...
THEN
That evening when I went to return to finish but had a big red X on toolbar, Microsoft Windows Defender notification that this game was corrupt and if I wanted to send report. Yes! I did. Went to my manager and uninstalled, then double checked to delete from C drive.

Of course I came here on the 'tips for game' and read all the problems, will take a 'fix' notification before I purchase. I enjoyed the game and was considering it a 'purchase'. Will wait!

Lets...

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Feb 1, 14 7:15 AM
When is BF going to fix this game.I downloaded this game a 3rd time today and as soon as I hit play,nothing but a blank screen and music in the back ground.The only other time this has happened to me was with the frist sammatha rose game in that series.Really would like to play it.Don't know why over half the people who wanted to play it can't [lease fix BF

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 1, 14 1:08 PM
Hey tesamoine,

Just to answer your question, we will definitely notify everyone on the main page of this forum as soon as we get more information about any updates or fixes being produced. Thanks for your patience.

bfgWendwater

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 1, 14 4:00 PM
I am so worried that BFG allowed a game to be sold or tried without any trials -we all get the chance to beta but BFG SHOULD check what we are buying - so many games from BFG are having problems for players and all we do is comment on BFG problems - why should we have to do Dr Felix - the game should run with no problems - if there are probs - why is it us who have to sort it - Its BFG and dev of the game cant to sort why should we BFG just listen to us - we are your customers -ok

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Feb 1, 14 4:30 PM
Game kept freezing--- was slow loading. Hitting esc helped but the game finally lost all memory and tossed me out. Am disappointed as it seemed like a decent game. Will just delete it.

[Post New]by Ljwshines on Feb 2, 14 12:46 PM
Luckystar18 wrote:Looks like it could be a good game but is indeed very glitchy. It froze up on me three times right from the start...kicked me out and then started me back at the beginning of the game where I had to re-enter in my profile name.

[Post New]by BlackParrot on Feb 2, 14 5:14 PM
Same problems everyone else is having...game keeps throwing me out and saying the save file is corrupted. Stupid me, I went ahead and bought the glitchy thing. It seems this is becoming the rule rather than the exception these days. I wish BF would do more quality control on these games before allowing them to be released. I know they would send me a credit code in a moment if I complained to their support, but I really would just rather have a working game.

Post Your Technical Problems For Obscure Legends: Curse of The Ring Here Only!!

[Post New]by chuck3790 on Feb 2, 14 7:43 PM
orphaned wrote:please post technical problems here ....
game will not run. drops off and cant get past first part. it freezes up

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Feb 3, 14 4:22 PM
Thank you Wendwater. I also must agree with the other reviewers here. These games should not be thrown into the pond with these types of problems. Makes me a bit uneasy about downloading some of these

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 4, 14 8:48 AM
I have been kicked off again for the 3rd time, now at the start position again. I really would like to finish this game. It desparately needs a fix. The last time I made it to the green tiles. Needs help! Please fix!

[Post New]by trigvi on Feb 4, 14 9:57 PM
I got to a place where I have no active areas. What happened?

jumisa
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jumisa on Feb 5, 14 3:41 PM
Me too, it kept freezing up, different points each time. Every time I started, it went to the beginning again...this is the 4th time, and I'm NOT going to try again.
You need to fix it. I had wanted to play, it was pretty good up until it acted up, and now, at least, I know it's a lot of people

Go to: