Re:Post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of Sorrow II here

[Post New]by SzhalimarM on Feb 6, 14 10:45 AM
I made it to the library in the last door, opened a black hole went back to room where fireplace is, placed silver ring on statue, went to table for HOG, thats when problem started. Gave me the HOG enlargement without the list. Wouldnt let me back out. Couldnt leave the scene. Closed the game out and recieved a "lua error" message. Tried to reopen game, when I hit Play everything froze. Tried again and again and same message and same freeze. Did everything suggested. Finally uninstalled, reinstalled. Same problem. Im at "8"..at least 3/4 into the game. Help! Im really enjoying this game and hope to get this solved so I can continue. Thanks...Loretta

mamurphy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mamurphy on Feb 6, 14 6:47 PM
dueler wrote:Me too, my screen went blank when i tried to enter the hospital, had to use esc+ctrl+alt to get to the desktop and then used task manager to exit.

New I having same problems with another game what is going on.

Edited on 02/13/2014 at 10:10:09 AM PST

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Feb 6, 14 10:25 PM
SzhalimarM wrote:I made it to the library in the last door, opened a black hole went back to room where fireplace is, placed silver ring on statue, went to table for HOG, thats when problem started. Gave me the HOG enlargement without the list. Wouldnt let me back out. Couldnt leave the scene. Closed the game out and recieved a "lua error" message. Tried to reopen game, when I hit Play everything froze. Tried again and again and same message and same freeze. Did everything suggested. Finally uninstalled, reinstalled. Same problem. Im at "8"..at least 3/4 into the game. Help! Im really enjoying this game and hope to get this solved so I can continue. Thanks...Loretta

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 7, 14 11:44 AM
I started over with a new name, now I am stuck at the Zodiac door, the tiles are clicked on but nothing happens. I am at a impasse again. The game still needs a fix. I really would like to finish this game. Help please!

[Post New]by shoeknee on Feb 7, 14 6:15 PM
I also got the "Lua Error". Will this be fixed soon?
Thanks

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 8, 14 10:58 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are getting Lua Errors while playing the game.

These errors can occur for various reasons and I recommend trying some of the basic troubleshooting steps in the link below, which can often clear up the issue.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are still seeing the error, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so that one of our Reps can further investigate why that night be happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

old1lady
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by old1lady on Feb 8, 14 5:08 PM
I am having the same problem as other people and would like to get to the end of the game. I am using Windows 7 my computer is updated. I was playing in the last door & then it froze up. An error came up to be LUA Error - ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value can you tell me what this means. I would like any help

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Feb 8, 14 8:48 PM
BlackWaterRules wrote:I could not enter the hospital I got a red X message
that said "assertion failed"
and the choice of "abort" "retry" and "ignore".
I tried retry, then ignore, then had to abort.

Same here. When do we get a fix?

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Feb 8, 14 8:49 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to see that some of you are getting Lua Errors while playing the game.

These errors can occur for various reasons and I recommend trying some of the basic troubleshooting steps in the link below, which can often clear up the issue.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you are still seeing the error, please feel free to contact our <a href="https://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> so that one of our Reps can further investigate why that night be happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Feb 8, 14 8:51 PM
Bull puckies! This game has a major problem and we all need a free fix. So what are you gonna do?

woonfrog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by woonfrog on Feb 16, 14 9:58 AM
I agree with msbelle54217 - Bull Puckies!!! ( I like that expression!). If we're all getting LUA errors, it's not the computers it's the game. I don't encounter many malfunctions from BigFish games, but this one takes the cake and ice cream too.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 25, 14 10:11 PM
msbelle54217 wrote:
BlackWaterRules wrote:I could not enter the hospital I got a red X message
that said "assertion failed"
and the choice of "abort" "retry" and "ignore".
I tried retry, then ignore, then had to abort.

Same here. When do we get a fix?

Still no fix

[Post New]by jonmt1 on Feb 27, 14 2:39 PM
I get the LUA Nil error also. Seems to be a count error where the object list for hidden objects does not appear. Since it is so common, one would think that a patch is needed for the game.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 2, 14 12:11 AM
I tried everything.
Still can't get into the hospital.

te97530
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by te97530 on Mar 3, 14 6:11 PM
Its March 3, 2014 and darn if this game freezes as well. What if any are the tech people for? Getting tired of reinstalling games after purchasing them. Do you think this is fair to the public? Hope somebody in the tech. dept is awake. Please fix immediately.

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Mar 14, 14 11:43 AM
Still no fix, March 14th. I have permanently uninstalled this game and are shopping for a different site to join.

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 11:45:07 AM PST

tehuti88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tehuti88 on Mar 21, 14 1:12 AM
MLC60 wrote:I was playing the marble game and was moving the inner ring around to fill it with a green marble when all of the green marbles disappeared!

Zilla1963 wrote:Same problem with the marble puzzle. Part way through, the green marbles disappeared, except for one in the centre of the puzzle, which just goes back and forth behind a red marble in the smallest ring. Big disappointment.

I just experienced the exact same issue. :/ Running on Windows 7 here.

[Post New]by beaudaciousdldy on Mar 28, 14 9:56 AM
I too am having the asserts msg. when I try to enter the hospital. However there was something else that was strange. In the files of the game I opened the properties at the game pic icon and under "General" the description was "Twisted Lands: Insomniac". In Version there was: File Version 1.0.0.1. Description: "Twisted Lands: Insomniac. Internal name: "Twisted Lands: Insomniac. Original File name: "Twisted Lands: Insomniac. Product name> "Twisted Lands: Insomniac. Product Version 1,0,0,0 What is going on here? The properties window would not let me print screen. I am using an XP and I have reloaded also. I agree there have been an awful lot of problems lately.
Karen

Post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of Sorrow II here

[Post New]by mzd620 on Apr 12, 14 7:44 AM
yes,
when I get to the part where I can enter the Hospital, when I go to enter my screen turns Black, no picture , but I can hear sounds of the game . Also curser freezes up.

please help me with this issue

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Apr 14, 14 9:34 PM
I could not enter the hospital either. I got a red X message (along with a Black Screen) that said "assertion failed" - program - file:.\graphics\,etc. line 609-see the visual /c++ doc.. Press Retry to debug the app - and the choice of "abort" "retry" and "ignore". Tried 'Retry', then 'ignore', then 'abort. Had to do Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game.
First off I had trouble getting it to activate, then this. This is not the only game I'm having trouble with, either. This particular game was tried on two different computers, did the same thing ! ! ! So I agree with other fishies - It is NOT OUR COMPUTERS BFG!!!!

Edited on 04/14/2014 at 9:35:45 PM PST

Go to: