crmk09
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Through Andrea's Eyes here

[Post New]by crmk09 on Feb 10, 14 4:16 PM
game will not let me catch fireflies in front of school and can't seem to go any further till I do why dont you have a walkthrough

[Post New]by blackwolf974 on Feb 10, 14 5:18 PM
The game freezes when I put the chair on the turtle. I went into my game manager but therer were no updates for this game. I updated manually, but it still said there were no updates.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Feb 10, 14 9:34 PM
I wrote to to Tech Support about the game freezing issue at the turtle. They suggested I try running the game in administrator, but it made no difference. They gave me a coupon code to replace the game, so it appears that there is no definite resolution. I guess all we can hope for is that the developer cares enough to try to correct the issues.

JaceDelft
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by JaceDelft on Feb 11, 14 6:19 AM
I also get the access violation error at the turtle.

Updated video and audio drivers.
Updated Flash and Shockwave.
Removed and reinstalled.
Installed on a different Computer.
(one a desktop, the other a notebook,
so completely different hardware and drivers.
both with Windows XP ran as administrator)

Nothing helped.
Which is a pity, since it I like this game.

Just hope this gets fixed soon.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 11, 14 10:39 AM
Hi All,

Thank you for your posts about the Error: Access Violation when you reach the turtle in the game and we are currently looking into ways to resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report which can help our Reps discover which kinds of systems are being affected.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by imahippy on Feb 11, 14 12:19 PM
Having the same issues as other people, I can put the turtle chair on the turtles back, drink the aqualung potion and the game freezes. This is becoming way to common with BFG. Does anybody check these games before they are released?????

indyelmo
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by indyelmo on Feb 11, 14 8:10 PM
When I reach attic and try to open cupboard, game freezes..I have replayed it 3 times..same thing happens...please help..it's not my computer..have windows xp. Also echoes of sorrow 2 freezes..says abort, retry,or ignore..none work.it freezes entering hospital.and I have all 9 pieces of puzzle..I ve tried updates on both, they don't even show up..please help...

indyelmo
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by indyelmo on Feb 11, 14 8:13 PM
If anyone is still having problems with fireflies, try putting jar just underneath their little swarm..worked for me..

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Feb 12, 14 3:10 PM
I was really enjoying the game up until the turtle-crash point. I've done all there is to do on my end, so I'm resigned to not being able to play.

[Post New]by blackwolf974 on Feb 12, 14 4:04 PM
my game freezes when I put the chair on the turtle. I read that there was an update to this game and it would show up in my game manager. There is no update in the game manager and even if I do it manually, nothing shows up.

NHLMR
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by NHLMR on Feb 13, 14 7:25 AM
i am stuck at the turtle to- did every thing you said i should do- still does not work do we get credit for this game

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 13, 14 7:29 AM
Crashed at turtle. Is this yet another game that is unplayable due to "access violation?" Very disappointed in Big Fish recently, and that's too bad because until the last few weeks, I thought it was the best game site I had found.

NHLMR
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by NHLMR on Feb 13, 14 7:33 AM
NHLMR wrote:i am stuck at the turtle to- did every thing you said i should do- still does not work do we get credit for this game

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Feb 13, 14 11:46 AM
NHLMR wrote:i am stuck at the turtle to- did every thing you said i should do- still does not work do we get credit for this game

@NHLMR - you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement game if you report your issue to Tech Support. Just run a Dr. Felix report and attach it to your message. That's what I did and I received a coupon code for a replacement game.

[Post New]by NicoleKathryn3 on Feb 13, 14 11:31 PM
indyelmo wrote:When I reach attic and try to open cupboard, game freezes..I have replayed it 3 times..same thing happens...please help..it's not my computer..have windows xp. Also echoes of sorrow 2 freezes..says abort, retry,or ignore..none work.it freezes entering hospital.and I have all 9 pieces of puzzle..I ve tried updates on both, they don't even show up..please help...

mine as well have you figured it out ?cause i have started over like 10 times

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Feb 14, 14 6:55 PM
The update did NOT fix the problem of the game crashing at the turtle throne scene. Too many problems with many games means I won't be buying any more from here.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Feb 19, 14 10:11 PM
CANNOT get fireflies by school...tried every which way to nab them and it just says "They might escape again." I have been with BF sooo long and never had such quality control problems...I don't understand, they are just giving all these 70% off and bundle sales to newbies and meanwhile the games are becoming SO buggy and I'm tired of it. My long love affair with BF may be coming to an end.

Stuck at the turtle, also

[Post New]by JeansLady1 on Feb 23, 14 7:28 PM
I've had problems with about 3-4 games I've recently gotten from BF. Tonight after I got stuck at the turtle in this game and went to the forums to read about it, I spent almost 2 hours with tech support at the company where I get my antivirus program and tech support from. He updated every single driver on my computer. I was still stuck at the turtle. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I was still stuck at the turtle. Game freezes; screen goes black. From reading the forum on this, it sounds like if you aren't stuck at the turtle, you're going to get stuck someplace else in the game. I'm extremely disappointed that a game with this many (apparent) tech issues is for sale - even a free game isn't worth the time of day if you can't play it. I don't understand why a game that is for sale is overrun with so many issues. I just flat out gave up on the others I'm having problems with.

[Post New]by ladykokopuff on Feb 23, 14 10:00 PM
Try hitting the skip button right after you drink the potion--before the screen has a chance to freeze. It worked for me. It skipped me ahead to the next scene. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the attic but at least I was able to make some progress with the game...

Hit skip after drinking potion at turtle chair

[Post New]by JeansLady1 on Feb 24, 14 7:35 PM
I tried this yesterday and it didn't work, but tried again today and it finally worked. Now, like so many others, I'm stuck at the cupboard/cabinet. Screen freezes. From reading the forums, it seems that if you get past one freeze, you play for a while until you hit another one. I still don't understand how or why a game with so many problems was released for purchase. Computer drivers were updated yesterday and I've already uninstalled and re-installed the game so I won't be doing that again. I think I'll just play some kind of card game or jigsaw puzzle for a few days and then decide if Andrea's Eyes are really worth all the hassle. I'm enjoying the game, but enough is getting to be enough.

Go to: