lorilouz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Reviews for World Mosaics Chroma

[Post New]by lorilouz on Mar 3, 14 2:54 PM
I was nervous about the free to play format that could turn into PAY to play. But, after a week of playing, I am really enjoying World Mosaics Chroma. Yes, the bonuses run out quickly & you are encouraged to buy more. But, if you're patient and don't plan on marathon playing sessions, you can enjoy the game without paying. I LOVE the 3-color format and find it a useful method when I'm stuck. By slipping back & forth between colors, you can find a solution. 3 stars are difficult but not always impossible as you go higher. I'm halfway through the 3rd world & have already reached enough stars to move into the 4th, when I get there. Once I got the hang of it, I've gone back & replayed any lower levels that I didn't have 3 stars in yet. When you run out of lives, the game tells you how long before you get more automatically (without paying). Mosaics are a patience, not speed game. I am definitely loving this one!

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Mar 8, 14 2:51 PM
Excellent game

I wanted to see how far you could get without having to spend any money on extras ( I strongly disapprove of this in general as well). I managed to get right up to level 150 so you can finish the whole board for free which is good

I didn't get all 3 stars on most levels but got just enough to get the required points to proceed. I ended up with 304/450

I am looking forward to seeing more boards in the future as promised !

Edited on 03/08/2014 at 11:26:44 PM PST

JhnJcb
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by JhnJcb on Mar 16, 14 9:30 PM
fluke73 wrote:I totally agree with mamamaggie. Big Fish either make it buyable or remove the "free to play" moniker. I love the world mosaic games but I will not nickel & dime myself to death.

FWIW, I just finished all the way to level 150 without any purchases at all. It can be done, but you'll have to delay sometimes to wait for your hearts to recharge (1 per 90 min) before you get more chances.

I have to admit, in many ways this was a much more challenging game than the previous games and I did enjoy both the addition of the color combos as well as the rotating board (available in the final 25 levels).

I did, however, miss the challenge of the 20x20 and 25x25 puzzles (although I think they'd have been very frustrating in this format and likely impossible without powerups). In the previous games, those were my favorites.

I also did not like the fact that in order to get the necessary score for the middle star, I couldn't just pick and choose the squares I was certain of. Many of my puzzles ended up with no mistakes but way below the needed score because of that. I'd really prefer to see that go away.

The "three strike" end of game I also found annoying, though the fact that you couldn't get multiple mistakes in that instance was good.

In short, this is a good addition to the series but like some of the others mentioned, I too would have preferred a game that could be purchased and power-ups earned rather than the "free" game where they must be purchased. While it IS possible to complete the 150 levels without purchases, it definitely takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

[Post New]by mkkuhner on Mar 30, 14 4:53 PM
I have played this through level 150 without spending any money.

Pluses: There is some diversity in the puzzles (key puzzles, rotation puzzles, multiple colors). You can advance without having to do perfectly on each puzzle, but there is a strong incentive to do fairly well or you end up having to replay levels to get more stars.

Minuses: The frame story is just bizarre, a sort of stream-of-consciousness ramble through different historical periods. The free-to-play elements are annoying--I will never be willing to pay for power-ups or extra lives, so it's just an occasional delay while the lives recharge, plus power-ups sitting on screen that I'll never be able to use. While all levels are solvable without guessing, on a few of them the score needed to get the second star is ridiculously high--I'm sure it's possible but I'm not sure it's possible without guessing.

I'd have paid $6 for this as a standard game, but as it is I'm paying $0 and I'm annoyed. I don't see any way in which this is a win for the company!

LuckyLin1
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:My cursor will not work correctly

[Post New]by LuckyLin1 on Mar 31, 14 12:15 AM
Hi, all. Never had this problem here -- I always play with a wireless mouse. This game lets me do so only on occasion and then very slowly. I had downloaded this game before and then had this problem. Today I downloaded the new ed. of the game and still the cursor issue. I have a "gamer" computer with latest everything and usually lots of speed, etc. I don't know if this is a "known" issue--if so, would someone please tell me how to correct it.

I also want to ask why I have to purchase coins, etc. to play a game on BFG when I have been a member of the Big Fish Game Club for years and pay a monthly fee to do so. Can someone please explain what is going on here?

Tyvm. Blessings to all--Lin

meighannc
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by meighannc on Apr 9, 14 9:13 AM
Like most of the reviews I have read here I was so excited to see a new World Mosaic game as it is one of my favorite series and then immediately disappointed to see it was a FTP game. Unlike a lot of people who wrote reviews straight off, I have finished the available content at the time of this posting. Patience and making my daughter make an account to send me lives so I could play without paying is the only reason. If the only reason for releasing free to play is to nickel and dime players into paying more than the CE version then I think in the end your plan is going to backfire on you and you will actually lose money but that is my opinion. I know I for one will never pay a real world dollar for ingame power ups, hints, cheats or currency. I would rather just not play. That being said there were great things about this game and I hope that they release a similar game with multi-colored puzzles and rotation, key puzzles that is actually for sale because when they do - I am on it.

So great things about this game : The multi-colored puzzles are inventive and a great evolution of the game, the different worlds awesome, and the rotation puzzles are challenging without killing you. All and all had this been a CE or a real purchasable game I would have been on it immediately.

Not so great about the game is the FTP garbage. I have no idea why companies are doing this other than possibly complete and total greed. I would willing spend my money to own and play as much as I wanted. I have used no hints other than the very annoying tutorial that you can not bypass. Like most BFG customers I budget my entertainment dollars and part of doing so is being a member of BFG. If these FTP games continue to be released instead of real purchasable games then there is no benefit to being a BFG member. I have no idea why they want to chase away customers but that is what is happening. Long standing, excellent series are being pushed to FTP to try to make an extra buck and in the long run for true gamers it is simply not worth the cost. I would rather go pay the 15 a month for all I can play MMORPGs than be nickel and dimed to death to half enjoy a game I would have willing paid full price for if it meant I could actually play.

[Post New]by jennifer1497 on Apr 23, 14 1:06 PM
I would have preferred to pay outright for this excellent game, but I have played all 175 levels without buying anything. Only found one in which I had to guess. I'll never earn the pro star on some levels, but I'm getting it a lot more often as I replay the ones for which I made mistakes or missed the pro score.

My huge beef is losing a life if I have to quit mid -play. I can't find a way to minimize the full screen mid -level either. The game is very enjoyable without the power -ups or eraser, but this needs fixing !

[Post New]by BipolarBetty on Apr 25, 14 12:00 AM
Just installed the update. Now everything is a mess. I like that we now get a daily free spin (aka 'lottery'), EXCEPT IT DOESN'T WORK. It says there was an error & to try again later. I hate screwed up updates.

Re: Reviews for World Mosaics Chroma

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Apr 30, 14 6:02 AM
I like this new twist on the old game-play, ... BUT ...

... I hate the limitations that make me afraid to even make one mistake. And having to wait a day to play again, if I loose all my lives. I'm on a budget and can't afford to sink money endlessly into a game.

So, I love this one -- but I hate it, too -- and the way it's set up makes me ***NOT*** want to play. I cannot believe this set up can be popular. I glad I didn't have to pay for it, because as it is now, I would NOT pay for this.

Please, remove the stupid restrictions and just make it a normal bought game ...

[Post New]by Aurora_Griffin on Apr 30, 14 6:08 AM
fluke73 wrote:I totally agree with mamamaggie. Big Fish either make it buyable or remove the "free to play" moniker. I love the world mosaic games but I will not nickel & dime myself to death.

I agree. "Free To Play" should MEAN "Free To Play", not "Play To Win"! Who seriously thought this was a good idea???

[Post New]by MrsMuppet on May 4, 14 11:29 PM
Well.. seeing that this thread started in februari, and we STILL need to cough up cash to get power-ups.. I don't think they will be removing the 'money-pit' feature in the game.

It's a shame really. The game is truly fun to play, even with 3 colors but some levels are MADE to use a helper.
Personally i find it very annoying to have to wait 90 (!!) minutes for a new life.

BFG has a different way of "FREE" than we think.
'Play free for an hour' hardly ever is an hour.. when you reach a certain point in the game it can even stop after 30 minutes (when you are a skilled player).
F2P Always has a catch..sadly

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on May 24, 14 12:29 AM
I don't get the "pictures" I'm making. I can't even tell what they're supposed to be when I get done and see a label telling me what they are. Poor design, in my eyes. Of course, I'm probably just used to the 100 x 100 pixel nonograms I've been playing online for years. Lots of them look like real art in eight beautiful colors when you get done.

As for the gripes about paying to play, "free to play" games are here to stay. They're a good first step into the morph to mobile. I don't think we'll be seeing game portals like BFG for long...five years at most, and we'll all be playing on our mobile devices and not our PC's. As it is, I can name three big game studios who used to have fans panting to buy their next game here who have quit making PC games at all in favor of going strictly to mobile (which is why Dream Chronicles will never be finished). And I'm sure that the FTP model generates lots of money--I know a friend who's paid out somewhere around $500 in the last year 99 cents at a time on that candy game. She was shocked when she toted up her credit card bills.

I've paid not one red cent for most FTP games. When I do buy something, it's because I've appreciated the game being designed to really be possible to play for free. If it engages me and I enjoy hours of gameplay for free, then I buy one of the $5.00 range packages to support the developers. I usually just delete the blatant money-grabbers out of hand.

If you really want to play for free, the way you play most of these games is as "coffee-break" games. Come on, play 15 minutes a day, go play 3 more 15 minute a day games and call your hour a day of entertainment good. They're designed for the set with shorter attention spans or little patience that will pay to speed things up or make things easier. They aren't meant to fill hours and hours of your day with entertainment...unless you're willing to pay to do it.

[Post New]by La_La_La_La_La on Jun 7, 14 10:54 PM
The game is very well done. I love the World Mosaics games! However, I agree with those who say that this isn't free to play - and I'd much rather buy the game than have to pay ridiculous amounts for more hints, etc. I don't. I won't. Not. ever.
That said - I've played until the last level (without hints or extra lives) and ... there has not been a game update in a very long time. Are you not supporting it anymore? Any chance we can buy the game soon?

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Jun 16, 14 5:10 PM
Timbuctu wrote:

Fugazo has gone from a quality game maker to one looking for a fast buck, and their two "free to play" titles prove that. Mourn their passing, as I won't be buying another title from them unless I see a review stating they've gone back to being a developer with integrity.

I, too, am VERY disappointed that my favorite game has gone to "Pay to Play". Is this a trend we will be seeing from every developer now? If it is, I am canceling my membership. BFG has been a wonderful so9urce of great games to play, but I will NOT buy power-ups, erasures, or anything else they are selling. It seems to me that if these games cost more than normal to develop, the increased cost should be taken into "cost of doing business" instead of milking their customers for the overage. I know some will happily pay for these things, but I, for one, WILL NOT!

shepherdmoon
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by shepherdmoon on Jun 19, 14 3:59 PM
MrsMuppet wrote:
BFG has a different way of "FREE" than we think.
'Play free for an hour' hardly ever is an hour.. when you reach a certain point in the game it can even stop after 30 minutes (when you are a skilled player).
F2P Always has a catch..sadly

They're releasing so many good free-to-play games now that you can be playing several of them at once--when one becomes unplayable until you wait the designated amount of time, just switch to the other. Game the system. Have fun on their dime, and you don't have to spend one. It's a fun game in itself to figure out how to play without paying. Stupid on their part, in my opinion, but I'm enjoying the completely and utterly free games. I need to save money anyway.

[Post New]by cindee7 on Aug 23, 14 7:22 PM
Sorry to say the disappointment for mosaics games. It is impossible to acheive the high score you need. I realize you score more points when you drag your brush but even in a perfect game you can't reach the high score unless you pay for it! Ridiculous. I have loved all the mosaic games and riddles until this. The maker just doesn't cut it this time and has not made any more since the original 7.

[Post New]by robeen on Aug 24, 14 3:50 PM
I side with those who are dissatisfied with this version of World Mosaics. I own all the preceding versions and enjoy revisiting them frequently. I was delighted to hear there was a new version, but was totally disappointed with what the game has become. The motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" comes to mind. Fugazo had a great thing going. Too bad they have given in to greed and change for the sake of change.

[Post New]by smellnroses2 on Sep 29, 14 2:44 AM
i like the game even having friends but i think that they should allow you to refuse a life/star help.i get requests for lives and i can't afford to give any away as i go throught them quickly myself and i won't ask for a life when i can't give back and as for stars don't have enough myself. not trying to be rude just honest.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Nov 19, 14 5:42 PM
5 hands down for this game that doesn't work.

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Jan 18, 15 6:58 AM
Finished the last World Mosaic that I had purchased and went to buy another but what did I find this "free" rip you off by making you purchase extras game. I will never be suckered into getting one of these. In my opinion these games are attempts to rip off the public, They are worse than gambling and anyone purchasing the extras is a fool. I also read that this game forces you to have online friends, another negative. If I want to be with friends I'll go somewhere the real people, not play games with people online.

Edited on 01/18/2015 at 7:01:53 AM PST

Go to: