SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Parables: Jack & The Sky Kingdom Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Feb 15, 14 7:39 PM
Based on the Demo Only

I couldn't even finish it. 1st: FROGS. Can't stand the slimy creatures, and really hate playing them in a game I may want to purchase - and not just a few FROGS, but one right after the other after the other. Ugg. (I know some of the love them, but they are just about the last thing I want to see.) 2nd: What's up with the grainy and awful graphics? This is the 21st century in case Big Tea forgot. 3rd: Voiceovers. Great feature in any game, if you can understand what they are saying, which I couldn't. 4th: Map is useless without the jump feature. 5th: Played for 10 minutes and suddenly lost the reason or the storyline of the game. 6th: Felt as if I had played this game before, only a long, long time ago. 7th: Black bars? Please spare me!

I know most seem to love the game, even in spite of its faults, but I don't see the point or price in subjecting myself to so many things that are intolerable.

For my fellow who are in 7th heaven playing this game, I am happy, happy for you. Enjoy yourselves through the weekend, and be happy you may have gotten in on the sale.

For me, a definite no. And thank you for listening to my rant! lol.

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Feb 22, 14 8:27 AM
I very rarely comment on games but loved this game so much I decided to comment. I was surprised at the negative comments. I have all the Dark Parable games and have enjoyed them all. I was not a fan of FROGS at first but love them now and thought this one was the best. The FROGS were different because I did not realize I had to uncover something before finding a fragment, and I had to use the hint. Still, a lot of imagination went into development of this game and I was sad when it ended. I have a 23" screen and I thought graphics were stunning (I never play any game with sound). The storyline was really good and even though I am familiar with all of the intertwined fairy tales, I loved how it came together and thoroughly enjoyed the game and the bonus round. I give it 5 stars. It is one of the best I have played in a while.

The only thing I would like to have seen more of is being able to replay the FROGS at my leisure. I absolutely loved this game, although the MAP was useless. The map deceived me for a while because it made me keep looking in the wrong place before I realized its uselessness.

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Feb 22, 14 4:41 PM
"SPOILER ALERT "

I have this whole collection but I have to say that I am not too happy about a few things here.
1. The map is non traveling(now days they all do)
2. The guide is not very helpful as are a lot of them lately. They want to just say "see solution". That's not much help.
3. All the puzzles are repeated. I think there are only 2 dif kinds in this game.
4. The one and only time I thought I might use one of the wallpapers, there were only a few, and not the one I wanted(the one in the bonus chapter when you enter the fairy land with the water fall)
I do like Dark Parables, but don't remember these things from the last ones.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 23, 14 2:11 PM
I thought this game beautiful in every way! The colors and graphics were gorgeous. The music enchanting and a perfect fit for the scenes. The characters were lovely, handsome and beautful. The story line was not all that original, but brought you in anyway. I have nothing bad to say about this game. I do have all the other Dark Parables, at least I think I do - is about five or six about right? Haven't played them in awhile so I can't compare this game to the others, but if I have them all, I guess I kinda like them!! Haven't played the bonus game yet, as the main game took me quite awhile, about 3 1/2 or so hours.
I highly recommend this game!

feenix

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Feb 23, 14 2:13 PM
Sorry about the thumbs up - don't know how that happened!!

feenix :

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 1, 14 8:00 PM
O.K., finished the bonus game. My only complaint in this game is Tom's extremely annoying voice. Yucchh!! And the comments I forgot to say in my previous review - I TOTALLY agree about the so-called map. What were the Devs thinking? It is totally useless. As for the FROG's - I like them - they are actually my favorite HOS since I don't like trational HOS, although the reviewers were right, there are many of them!! O.K. that's it for now. Can't take advantage of the great sale BF has this weekend - not a pay week!! Happy gaming.

feenix

[Post New]by JustKeepWaiting on May 18, 14 9:24 PM
When be available on the iPad?

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 2, 14 10:18 PM
I liked it very much and especially enjoyed the music during the frog and mini games although it made me more than once and had to go to bed

The gameplay, hint and non-jump map were just fine, liked the graphics BUT didn't get around to reading the little stories before the game ended and only got to read the two that were in the bonus chapter

I personally like the Dark Parable games as I like their colorful & pretty FROGS, music, ect.

Happily I'm giving this one and 3/4 ,
! I deducted 1/4 of a for not letting me go back and read the stories and not making the map a jumper BUT it is an excellent game

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Dec 12, 14 8:09 PM
I love Blue Tea Games and the artwork and effects and music were all well done as usual. In the context of the series as a whole I think this one the weakest. If you like this sort of fairy tale adventure, you won't want to miss this game; the hero was a sort of Hans Solo/Indiana Jones mix. I looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

[Post New]by mdibella on Apr 28, 15 3:52 PM
Dark Parables games are always great. This one is no different...but wait...it IS. Usually when playing games, I end up turning down the music because it gets annoying. In this game, I turned UP the music. Wow. I have the CE so I can listen to the music after finishing the game. I really wish there were a way to buy this music in mp3 format. I would like to add it to my collection of game music (alongside greats like chronotrigger and final fantasy). Hey, devs...can I buy the soundtrack?

Go to: