Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless here

[Post New]by Newmenor on Feb 12, 14 3:07 PM
Wrote a 'tech issue' earlier and have now checked laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium not even a year old) and all is running OK. There are no problems at all and all drivers are up to date. This, to my mind, is definite problems in the game itself and will be getting the game when all are fixed. Good game and worth buying when it is playing with no hiccups!

cutter1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cutter1 on Feb 12, 14 3:29 PM
Had same issue with game locking up at fire and ice. Restarted a couple of time with same result. Got home from work and tried it again, voila! it ran with no lockups. Go figure.

Freezing

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Feb 12, 14 3:33 PM
I got past the bridge and when I tried to enter the room with the heart, my computer froze. I turned it off and then tried again. This time it didn't get past the loading screen. This is the second game I've had problems with well into them and haven't gotten an update for either of them. Frustrating!

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Feb 12, 14 4:15 PM
PC Windows 7

Played demo, no problems. Liked and bought the game. I made it as far as the Altar. Have tried three different times to play the rest of the game but game continues to freeze before entering the Altar area. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED BF RELEASED THIS GAME WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS!!!!!

Edited on 02/12/2014 at 5:41:08 PM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 12, 14 4:31 PM
I bought the game and I was playing very well until I went to the library.

I was with some knife cutting certain things, and then the knife disappeared !

Now I'm installing again, but if the problem is not resolved I can't play!!!

Almost never had problems with games, hope they fix the game!

gaildeveaux
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by gaildeveaux on Feb 12, 14 5:36 PM
I also am freezing at the temple and it is freezing my computer.I have to shut it down to get out of the game. I deleted and reloaded the game to see if that is what is wrong and it still has the same problem.I give up
Gail

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Feb 12, 14 6:36 PM
kirk3 wrote:Sounds like everyone got further than me. It kept freezing at the loading screen. Reinstalled the game and had the same result.

Same here.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Feb 12, 14 7:55 PM
Same problem as others - going through the opening with the fire and ice and the game froze. Everything froze up and had to restart. I couldn't get the task manager to work either.

CelticElf
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by CelticElf on Feb 12, 14 9:42 PM
Sheila155 wrote:I managed to play for about 45mins, and had opened the dungeon gate. Top of screen said loading, but just froze at that. Gave it a couple of minutes in case it was just slow, then realised that game was frozen.

Managed to alt ctrl del to close it, then tried loading game again, but this time it froze right at the start as it tried to load game. Also this time, my whole computer was frozen, and had to power off.

Not going to try again. I'll just assign this to my growing list of games I cannot play---just glad I didn't buy it! Was tempted part way through as it seemed a good SE!

I got to the exact same spot with the same results - hopefully a fix will be coming

matakia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by matakia on Feb 12, 14 11:44 PM
gapeach72 wrote:2nd game for me in 24 hours that won't work. It just stays on 'loading" after putting in the player name. At least I didn't pay for this one.

come on big fish ... do something many of us WANT to play and maybe even buy this game BUT NOT AS IS!!!!!!!!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Feb 13, 14 12:57 AM
I also installed the new build and the game freezes up at the very same place. Trying to go through the fire and ice door.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 13, 14 1:06 AM
I bought the game after the update, too, and I am also frozen at the Fire and Ice door opening to the altar. Will give it another try when I wake up

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Feb 13, 14 5:17 AM
I un-installed and re-installed game when I saw there was a new build and still freezes after door opens to altar.

johanna9
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by johanna9 on Feb 13, 14 6:59 AM
Still freezing up after trying everything, how boring, my dear fish. Can't you do it right? We can't all have bad computers so point the finger in the right direction. Please!!!!

[Post New]by QueenDK on Feb 13, 14 9:14 AM
I was soooo excited when I tried the Demo As a complete fan of the series Drawn, I was imediately caught up i this ...
But not for long As many of my fellow players I have had the same experience with a frozen game.
Sorry to say BF, but this is just not good enough! Especially as the error occured, not during the demo but AFTER I MADE MY PURCHASE !!!

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Feb 13, 14 10:13 AM
minesita wrote:I bought the game and I was playing very well until I went to the library.

I was with some knife cutting certain things, and then the knife disappeared !

Now I'm installing again, but if the problem is not resolved I can't play!!!

Almost never had problems with games, hope they fix the game!

I had the same problem ... very frustrating! Will uninstall and install again, hopefully this will fix it.
I thought this was a super game myself!

te97530
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by te97530 on Feb 13, 14 10:21 AM
just downloaded this game....and guess what....had an issue with the game freezing so I uninstalled the game and this was only on a trial basis!!! It's okay with bfg to have all these discounts.....etc....but doesn't one think it would be exceptional to have these games TESTED beforehand....duh.....is there any tech support working at bfg?

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Feb 13, 14 10:41 AM
SO DISAPPOINTED. Game went smoothly, thought the problem was solved with the "fix", but froze up again. Extremely disappointing as I was really enjoying the game and made the decision to purchase it after BF said they fixed the problem. Now stuck with a game that doesn't work. Would rather BF truly fix it, play it and keep it than ask for a refund but time will tell. What happened to quality control? BF used to be a trustworthy source for games...

MAMA199
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MAMA199 on Feb 13, 14 10:52 AM
Same here, do not know why I did not get notification on my game manager of a new build, and why on manual check it said no new updates
graytori wrote:I un-installed and re-installed game when I saw there was a new build and still freezes after door opens to altar.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 13, 14 11:18 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to see some of your are still encountering problems even after the update.

The new update was designed to help with the freezing/crashing issue with the game. If you are still having problems, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to investigate the cause.

bfgWendwater

Go to: