Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Mystery Expedition: Prisoners of Ice here

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Feb 20, 14 9:37 AM
I'm having trouble with the voiceovers. They worked fine when I demoed the game and even after I purchased the game and played for awhile but after quiting and starting the game the next day no voiceovers.

I am on win 7 and I am going to try to uninstall and reinstall and see if that will help, I hope because I was enjoying this game.

volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by volnole68 on Feb 20, 14 1:45 PM
Same as a lot of you. Water running down the screen, cursor going crazy! I am running Windows 8. Computer is only 2 weeks old!

[Post New]by DiSpy143 on Feb 20, 14 3:19 PM
I was enjoying this game so much that I bought it just before being thrown into the ravine. BIG mistake. I have tried all the fixes suggested to no avail. I am also on a relatively new pc, windows 8, fully updated. Now I just want to know how to go about getting my game club credit back.

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Feb 20, 14 4:17 PM
Come on BF - give us a clue - loads of us stuck on the mechanic - is it going to be sorted out?

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 20, 14 4:45 PM
SO many problems with games out of BFG - can they explain why WE have to do all the check and Dr Felix to make a game work - this should be done by the DEVS & BFG NOT us
If the games don't work - don't send them out
BFG -so many games - so many problems - PUT OUR MONEY for games that play
STOP THESE GLITCHES _ WE PAY _ WE NEED TO PLAY

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Feb 20, 14 5:19 PM
I am past the point of building the float and going across the water and also to the Eskimo wanting a fish. In HOS scenes the jigsaw option is no longer there. Why??????

Edited on 02/20/2014 at 5:21:58 PM PST

pixpuflu
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Game to big for my screen

[Post New]by pixpuflu on Feb 20, 14 7:52 PM
I have tried this game on two of my computers and when it opens it fill so much of my screen I can't even play the game. To shut it down I have to use task manager, the menu doesn't even show.

azmum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by azmum on Feb 20, 14 8:30 PM
I am also stuck at the mechanic, I have the key but it won't unlock his chains.

hagglebag
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hagglebag on Feb 21, 14 5:28 AM
I am also stuck at the mechanic. Key will not work, nowhere else to go. Also no sound at all on the cut scenes. I will try downloading again and if this doesn't work I shall want a refund.

[Post New]by margiesbb55 on Feb 21, 14 8:01 AM
I can't seem to get passed the polar bear. I have the solution in the bottle. I did all that, but every time I go back to that bear and throw the bottle at it nothing happens. Why isn't there a blog walk thru for this game?
It's very frustrating. I could use some help here. What am I doing wrong? I'm thinking maybe I should get my credit back for this game. There are a lot of things wrong with it. It jumps from one scene to another and all of a sudden I'm in a ravine...and giving the captain and injection he disappeared then he was there. It's a good game but it's all messed up. No blog walk thru?????? hmmm. Thank you, margiebb55

Edited on 02/21/2014 at 8:05:10 AM PST

[Post New]by tobermory on Feb 22, 14 1:38 AM
OK, I had the same problem, however, after I disabled custom cursor I was able to proceed. Still, I won't buy this game until it is fixed. I must say that I followed the instructions and checked for updates. There was only 1 update available - for another game.

[Post New]by tobermory on Feb 22, 14 3:10 AM
sandyterryb wrote:Game froze on me when I tried leaving the cabin. Had to shut down my computer to get out also.

I disabled the custom cursor and it helped

[Post New]by 2greyhound on Feb 22, 14 8:28 AM
Also having tech problems with this game, on a computer and system that are only a few months old. Have tried troubleshooting some of the issues, but without success, I have played Big Fish games for years and have never had a problem, Game freezes, everything is done, then I am stuck, map indicates there is nothing to do in any of the areas, the hint button just sends me in random places without anything that can be done, back out of an area then back in.

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Feb 22, 14 10:11 AM
When do we get an UPGRADE?????

[Post New]by cougar2000 on Feb 22, 14 5:30 PM
Froze in two different places. Uninstalled and then reinstalled. No luck. But I can go back to the game after it kicks me out and it will let me play thru. "Funny How That Works"....

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Feb 23, 14 1:13 AM
JennyPerry wrote:I can't free the prisoner in the cave ...
I have the key, help directs me there but cant unlock the chains

I am having the same problem!

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Feb 23, 14 1:17 AM
Janeypat wrote:SO many problems with games out of BFG - can they explain why WE have to do all the check and Dr Felix to make a game work - this should be done by the DEVS & BFG NOT us
If the games don't work - don't send them out
BFG -so many games - so many problems - PUT OUR MONEY for games that play
STOP THESE GLITCHES _ WE PAY _ WE NEED TO PLAY

"Agree" I never used to have problems with the games, now almost everyone seems to!

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Feb 23, 14 10:21 AM
Last month I had a similar problem with a game. They posted a link in yellow with
the upgrade, clicked on it, it don it's thing and all was well. It took some to come up
with the upgrade though.

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Feb 23, 14 10:22 AM
Last month I had a similar problem with a game. They posted a link in yellow with
the upgrade, clicked on it, it don it's thing and all was well. It took some to come up
with the upgrade though.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 23, 14 11:34 AM
Just downloaded and tested this game. Had sound for the startup cutscene. Then complete silence for the first cutscene displayed after starting the game.

Sound started up again once I was in the cabin scene.

Looked for an update for my sound card. None available. I am reluctant to change anything with my sound setup because I don't have the 'silent' issue with other games.

Started the game anew with a different profile. Same results.

Came to the forum in the hopes that someone had a suggestion to resolve this ---- or to confirm that that scene is supposed to be silent (what a shame, if so). I do see that some others had the same or similar issue.

Hoping for a suggestion/resolution or confirmation that some cutscenes are completely silent.

Jorie

Go to: