tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 2, 14 6:53 PM
mine crashed when I enter tree house.took me a long time to get my screen back.have had no trouble till now.new computer,no other game crash before this one

[Post New]by allengwendolyn on Mar 2, 14 8:58 PM
mickeyzeus wrote:The game played fine for me until I reached the bonus chapter. Locked up.

[Post New]by allengwendolyn on Mar 2, 14 9:01 PM
pslayton2 wrote:I finished the main game with no problems(loved it) but when I was looking at the extras it kicked me out with the message The crash log file Crash.Report.dmp was created in the game folder. Now I can not access the bonus chapter because this keeps happening. Help!

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Mar 2, 14 9:17 PM
I am also having problems with the game. I didn't get far before the game crashed and closed completely with an access error. I was only 3 minutes into the game, and hadn't answered the door yet to see who was there. As I headed for the door, that's where the game crashed. I, too, am tired of all the glitches and problems in some of the new games. I'm not going to both with this game. I see there are too many issues of things not working, etc. I'm going to uninstall, and I won't be buying the game.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 2, 14 9:58 PM
was able to load game game agin played this time.but now in grand mothers room playing hs in suitcase,can not find a rattle.have click on everything.nothing.this is not in guide

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 2, 14 10:37 PM
poof11.try for the rattle under guide button.where I found mine

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 2, 14 11:16 PM
eskimo1203 wrote:Running on Mac OS 6. Can’t see the bottom of the screen, meaning can’t see the bottom row of HOGs. I have adjusted my screen to be as small as possible and it doesn’t help.
Unfortunately, eskimo1203, this game was not designed to run on any Mac OS under 10.7. You can check the game system requirements on the game download page. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 2, 14 11:20 PM
Wiljul, I am running the game on 10.9...and still having problems. While the game may be specifically designed not to run on an operating system prior to 10.7, it still has problems with later OSX. I'm just gonna guess that the problems with this game transcend the operating system.

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Mar 2, 14 11:32 PM
There appear to be posts from around 30 unique gamers. I hope that there will be a response soon.

What's sad for me is that I'd like to have taken advantage of the great deal now to buy one CE at regular price and get a second for $1.99. Forsaken Souls was an integral part of that plan.

BFG: Any chance that deal might be extended as an accommodation to those of us who have posted here and are having problems with Forsaken Souls? I want this game when/if it gets fixed!!!!

[Post New]by mariedimech on Mar 3, 14 3:14 AM
I am at the HOS part in the bedroom with the suitcase under the bed...the last item I need is the rattle...there is a tin can that needs to be opened and on the strategy guide is shows you to use the knife on the right hand side to open the tin...I cant obtain the knife to open the tin...can you please help me?

Thanks

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 3, 14 5:37 AM
tophen wrote:poof11.try for the rattle under guide button where I found mine

Tophen, thank you sooooo much for telling me that . You just made my day! I had originally clicked on that a few times thinking that was the rattle and when it didn't pick up, I finally checked the SG where it stated/showed I needed to pick up a knife to open a can, so I assumed that the rattle was inside. I'll never understand why game makers put objects so close to other clickable items as the SG/Hint button, Map, etc. This drives me crazy particularly when it hits the hint button, since I try never to use the hint. And with this particular item, it is covered by the guide button.
After reading through the tech issues, I have noticed that there are not only technical issues but the SG has errors too. I won't hold my breath for a fix, since they no longer seem to be a priority, still waiting for at least two games to be updated that had numerous and I mean numerous problems but nothing.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 3, 14 5:48 AM
mariedimech wrote:I am at the HOS part in the bedroom with the suitcase under the bed...the last item I need is the rattle...there is a tin can that needs to be opened and on the strategy guide is shows you to use the knife on the right hand side to open the tin...I cant obtain the knife to open the tin...can you please help me?

Thanks

MariedMech, as Tophen was so very kind to point out the rattle that we both were looking for is hidden under the guide button. The SG states that only items needing you to do something with would be listed since the HOS are random. The SG only made this more confusing by showing that the can needed to be opened in that particular scene. I had originally clicked on it a few times but even this morning after reading Tophen's message, I still had to keep clicking until I hit the right spot or I just kept getting the SG popping up. Why Developers....Why?
Thanks again Tophen! Maybe I can actually finish this game on this cold, snowy day.
In a later HO scene it asks for a Magnet, which most of us would look for a U shaped red/black item......not this game....It was a FISH....okay that makes sense, I'm sure everyone was looking for that....NOT! It just keeps getting better....lol.

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 6:16:47 AM PST

[Post New]by magdasakis on Mar 3, 14 8:20 AM
I played the demo and everything was fine, then, I bought the full version. Big mistake! It is impossible to be played because the mouse freezes again and again and the game crushes all the time. I followed all the suggestions in the tech department (Why does my game crash, freeze, or display a blank screen) but nothing helped. Is there anyone responsible who can give us a solution or tell us when the game will be debuged? Will there be a newer version?

tipperdip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tipperdip on Mar 3, 14 8:32 AM
I can't pick up the King Chess piece that is in the crack of the floor near where the body of the Real Estate agent is. It won't give me a close up or anything, and I need that piece so that I can progress in the game. Tried everything in my inventory and it's a no go. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Thx!

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Mar 3, 14 8:55 AM
I am truly heartbroken that I'm finding so many bugs in this game, because I love the story. I'm using Windows 8, IE10. First, I went to the "Facts" on the opening screen to listen to the answering machine message again, and it froze after the message...had to Ctrl/Alt/Del and exit game. Next, I tried to paint Grandpa's picture in the shed (BTW, it is VERY difficult to tell from the picture what colors to paint) and realized I had put the wrong color but can't change it. Stuck at 90% on the painting. Then it got really bad in the HOP where supposedly I'm getting the rope ladder (closet in kids' room). There is a silver beetle at the top of the screen that is impossible to pick up. Rope ladder is not there, says I'm supposed to play the xylophone and use lipstick to write the answer to the addition problem but it looks like it's already been done! Wow. I'm just so thoroughly disappointed. Hopefully with this many posters having problems the developers will offer a fix, because I was really into this story!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 3, 14 9:36 AM
glad to have help.if only the dumbbar was an easy fix.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 3, 14 10:07 AM
So far I've only had one bug when trying to pull back the cover on the bed. My screen froze and my whole computer was frozen with a black screen. I was able to finally get my computer back and so far no more problems with the game. I like this game a lot so am dismayed at all of the tech issues.

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by algal0181 on Mar 3, 14 12:53 PM
I am at the same place as LaineeLou...didn't get the dumbell after finishing the HOP in the grandmothers room...then everything stopped working. The map, getting hints. I do wish that before I purchase another game all the glitches are worked out and that I can complete it without having to uninstall, reinstall and start over. This is getting old!

Rockdiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Rockdiva on Mar 3, 14 1:47 PM
tammytheo wrote:
Rockdiva wrote:I've been playing the game, with no hitches, until the HO scene in chapter three. There is a pumpkin that I'm supposed to pick a knife up and carve, there are two problems with that, one is I am unable to pick up the knife the second one is that the pumpkin already has a face carved into it. I tried just clicking on the already carved pumpkin, but no go. I can go no further, if I can't finish the HO scene.

Hi Rockdiva,

I think there is something wrong with this certain HOS. Although we are supposed to carve the pumpkin with a knife and put a lit candle in it, as the strategy guide clearly suggests, the only thing that works, it worked for me anyway, is to pick up the box of matches which lies at the right of the scene and click with it on the pumpkin. Have you tried that? If not, please give it a shot and let me know what happened if you wish.

I suspect this is an error in the game and hopefully it will be fixed along with all the other issues it seems to be having.

Thank you!! It was a box of matches on my screen, but the same result. I guess they still have a few bugs to work out.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Mar 3, 14 2:01 PM
poof 11 on the magnet I found mine in grand fathers room on wall where tape player is.

Go to: