algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by algal0181 on Mar 16, 14 5:11 PM
Game caused my computer to shut itself off. Had to uninstall/reinstall it in order for it to work properly. This seems to be happening quite often with the newly released Collector Edition games. It might be something you want to look into!

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Mar 16, 14 10:21 PM
Six hours into the game - I've been 'whisked' back to the school, but apparently missing some things so I go back over old map locations. I think I clicked back on the 'secret room', the game tries to whisk me back to the school again, and I'm stuck with a frozen screen, showing half of one screen and half of the other.

Like a fool, I didn't just pull up task manager and instantly kill the process, I closed the window, which let it save like that... I really wanted to finish the game tonight so I could put up a review (it's a much better game than many are giving it credit for).

Now it looks like I'll have to start all over again

I've been looking forward to this one since I beta'd it back in October. I haven't gotten many beta invites lately. I always thought I provided detailed and specific feedback (worked in software dev more than a few years). Would like to get back on that list if there's a way to get my name back on it.

pcc51
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song C sr's Edition here

[Post New]by pcc51 on Mar 17, 14 1:17 AM
I am stuck in the Sculpture Park/Ice Skating Rink area. You are supposed to look in the tree and get a glass shard/.light bulb/figure. I was able to get the glass shard, but a bird swoops in and sits on the nest before I could get the other two objects. It says you have to shoo the bird away, but there is no way to do it, and the guide doesn't even mention any bird! Was something left out?

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 17, 14 2:50 AM
can't get the handle, screws and saw blade to assemble, cant even find the saw blade in hidden object scene?

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Two izzuez: train trackz and Bonuz game

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 17, 14 3:22 AM
I did not have all the train track piecez to complete the train track puzzle and I had to zhut down and reztart zeveral timez before it would let me Zkip the game..

In the Bonuz game I picked up the piecez of rope but they were not added to my Inventory and now I am ztuck becauze I can't make the rope ladder without them.

I had a couple of other blipz too, but theze are the mozt annoying onez.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 17, 14 3:24 AM
deadravins wrote:
LyndaLynLou wrote:I am at the Ice Sculpture Park. There is an Angel laying on a pedestal. She has the Clock I need. But first I need to put the violin together. It has 3 pieces. I put in the top piece and the bottom piece but I CANNOT GET the middle piece to go in. What do I do? I'm stuck right here. I've been trying for almost 2 hours to get that middle piece to go in. NOW WHAT?? HELP.....

I'm having the exact same issue. Up till then I've had no problems. Hope they can fix this issue as it will make finishing the game impossible. How long do I have to request a 2 credit refund on a game because of a glitch in the game its self?

Keep trying - the "zweet zpot" iz tiny. Keep clicking it in zlightly different placez.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 17, 14 3:27 AM
Rhysdux wrote:Where's the strategy guide? I know it's supposed to be under a button marked "Info", but that disappears after a while.

At the top of trhe zcreen iz button called Guide. Not the uzual place one would look!

[Post New]by lovemydogs2 on Mar 17, 14 9:06 AM
definitely issues with the game freezing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. Hope you can get this fixed soon. Freezes at a different point each time...even switched to a new player and didn't help. And yes, the game moves in slow motion most of the time. Something seriously amiss, but from the bit I have played, looks exciting.

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Mar 17, 14 11:35 AM
I found that the game freezes if you try to use the strategy guide. So much for this being a CE.....

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 17, 14 11:48 AM
Hey lovemydogs2 and shoestringplayer

I'm really sorry to hear about the freezing issues! It may help to try some of the steps in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be more than happy to help out!

Thank you so much for your patience and I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by harleyrider2 on Mar 17, 14 12:02 PM
I'm in the cemetery and having the same tech issue as LyndaLynLou. The diagram for assembling the violin says the order is top, middle and bottom. I put the top in, the middle wouldn't go in, but the bottom piece did. I'm also stuck there and can go no further in the game. I've tried every variation of putting the middle piece in dozens of times. Please help! Thank you.

[Post New]by freyja44 on Mar 17, 14 12:39 PM
Same issue. Game played on the trial version and when I purchased it, once you hit PLAY, just a picture with no bottoms or top columns.
This is NOT A TECH ISSUE or updating drivers. I hope someone will have the producer of this game fix the problem.....Please!!!!!!

pgf26791
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pgf26791 on Mar 17, 14 2:02 PM
I followed the instructions in the Help area to address the freezing issue. It made it worse. Now I cannot even get the game to load.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and still have no game to play.

A shame really, as it is a good game and I was really enjoying it.

I'd be interested to know if there's going to be a 'fix' for this, as this is the second BFG in two weeks now that I'm having a problem with and cannot play.

Oh, and all my 'stuff' is up to date, so that's not the issue.

ShlbySusie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Two izzuez: train trackz and Bonuz game

[Post New]by ShlbySusie on Mar 17, 14 3:12 PM
Hi, OzzyRobyn!

I'm stuck in the exact spot you are in the Bonus game. My rope disappeared so I can't make a rope ladder and I can't proceed any further. I've already replayed the main game once because, when I solved the gear puzzle in the Secret Chamber near the end, nothing happened. I thought I had done something wrong, so I clicked on "Reset", but the arrows to move the gears were no longer there and the "Skip" button was disabled. Since that puzzle was the key to getting back into the school, I had to replay the entire game. I don't believe I can start the Bonus Game over and I do NOT want to play the main game a third time.

Susan

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Mar 17, 14 6:23 PM
harleyrider2 wrote:I'm in the cemetery and having the same tech issue as LyndaLynLou. The diagram for assembling the violin says the order is top, middle and bottom. I put the top in, the middle wouldn't go in, but the bottom piece did. I'm also stuck there and can go no further in the game. I've tried every variation of putting the middle piece in dozens of times. Please help! Thank you.

Don't try to make it fit on there, just drag the middle piece and use your pointer to select where you want to place it and it will automatically go in. Good Luck

[Post New]by harleyrider2 on Mar 17, 14 7:11 PM
As you suggested, I uninstalled and installed the game and it put me right back to the angel with the clock face with the same problem of violin part 1 & 3 went in and part 2 will not. I like the game and had no problems to that point. I'm going to ask for a refund.

cevans
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cevans on Mar 18, 14 5:55 AM
If you are having a problem with the game freezing after you hit play, make a new profile. This worked for me.

[Post New]by harleyrider2 on Mar 18, 14 6:22 AM
To Giddiup 101:

Thank u! Your hint to not drag the violin piece just click cursor where it goes actually worked, It took awhile to get it to work but it eventually did. Thanks again for your help!

[Post New]by Sierralady on Mar 18, 14 8:33 AM
OK the first couple of posts I read is didn't get that far in to it before it froze. Im almost done and it froze! Please tell me I don't have to take it off and reinstall it. And if I do im sure I have to do it all over not cool. What do I do and I just started on this site does that happen a lot!

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Mar 18, 14 9:23 AM
I had exactly the same issue as penny1942. I reinstalled but it did not help. VERY frustrating! Can this be fixed?

Go to: