Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edi

[Post New]by mamacatb on Apr 2, 14 2:24 PM
You have to pick up the tin soldier with the sugar tongs. And yes, you have to activate the jar with the photograph. I have had no problems with the game and have played it through twice but I cannot open the bonus chapter!

I'm playing on a Mac and have made it to the end, no glitches and just started a profile again because I thought it was the bonus chapter. I will try again under another new profile but please - How do I open the bonus chapter??? I would like to know before I get to the end for a third time.

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 2:26:29 PM PST

antimaim
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edit

[Post New]by antimaim on Apr 2, 14 7:14 PM
Oh, duh! For some reason, I completely forgot I had an unmatched picture in my inventory! Thanks! I was able to complete the game.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edit

[Post New]by pattyjo on Apr 2, 14 9:00 PM
Help please just starting the game and every time I click the mouse the screen flashes black just in an instant. Game continues and every thing just goes dark like an eye blink every time I hit the mouse button?? I have never had this before ?? is there a patch or ???
Tks for your help

TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sdorflanie on Apr 3, 14 11:32 AM
I am having the same problem mentioned by several others in the forum. When I try to play the game it crashes multiple times. I have re-downloaded the game 4 times and re-downloaded the Game manager to no avail. I was looking forward to this game since I really enjoyed the others in the series, but I am very frustrated. Can this glich be fixed?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Edi

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 3, 14 11:04 PM
GuppyGal1860 wrote:I am trying to put Madelin's medallion on the chest in her room, but it won't let me. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome to the forum, GuppyGal1860! You need to put the photo over the chest first, then you can place the medallion.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Fall of the House of Usher Collector's Ed

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 3, 14 11:06 PM
mamacatb wrote:You have to pick up the tin soldier with the sugar tongs. And yes, you have to activate the jar with the photograph. I have had no problems with the game and have played it through twice but I cannot open the bonus chapter!

I'm playing on a Mac and have made it to the end, no glitches and just started a profile again because I thought it was the bonus chapter. I will try again under another new profile but please - How do I open the bonus chapter??? I would like to know before I get to the end for a third time.
Hi mamacatb! Welcome to the forum! Go to "Extras" on main menu then click "Play" at the top of the picture to access the bonus game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 3, 14 11:15 PM
For folks having TECH ISSUES such as game crashing, freezing, black screens or video card problems, etc:

First, make sure you have tried all of the suggestions in the Help Articles. To get to the help section: Go to the top of this page and click on the word "Help" in the upper right corner. Use the search function to find articles pertaining to your issue.

If you have tried that and it did not help, please contact Technical Support directly, they can give you individualized support that you cannot get on this forum. To get to tech support from any page in the "Help" section, look at the bottom of the left-hand column and click on "Still need Help? Contact Us". When you get to the report page, don't forget to include your Dr. Felix diagnostic (instructions for that should be included).

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 5, 14 5:10 AM
I have over 800 games from BFG but this is a first for me. This game is terrible. I installed and played the demo then bought it right away now it won't even play. I start the game but as soon as I click on something it blanks out and goes to a little icon on my taskbar. I try to click on it to get it to start again but IIIFFF this works it does the same thing again -icon ,click click click. I think this game should be updated so I can at least play it without the aggrevation. My computer is completely updated as of yesterday so I know it is not this doing it. I have all the Dark Tales and love them. Please Devs and BFG do something about this.

[Post New]by jennieflea on Apr 11, 14 12:24 PM
I have resolved my issue......I had bought the game as I had other games in the series, then all I got was a black screen and a message about my video card. Well, after contacting my laptop company, they suggested I try changing my resolution to 1280 x 800 and it worked!!!! The only problem is every time I want to play this game I have to change the resolution to 1280 x 800 to play it, then remember to change the resolution back to normal afterwards!! Bit of a drag, but at least I can now play the game!! Think Big Fish should tell people about the change of resolution before buying the game!!!!!

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Apr 13, 14 1:20 PM
There is definitely a glitch in this game. SECOND Collector's Edition I have tried to play today and all I get is a black screen. I have a newer computer with windows 8.1 and everything is up to date. So, another one I can't play. Getting tired of this.

[Post New]by johnnybirdmc on Apr 13, 14 2:29 PM
I like this game very much. I have reinstalled this game twice, but when I get to the wheel on the wall the center wheel will not move. every thing else is in place but the center wheel will not match up. it will not move. I would like to finish this game. I don't want to start over from the beginning again.

[Post New]by Nonni55 on Apr 14, 14 1:29 PM
This is getting really old. Every since Queen Tales: The Beast & Nightingale
I have been having issues with all new ERS games. Silver Arrow, latest Redemption Cemetary, now Dark Tales. Something is going on with ERS I can play any other developers new games just not ERS They blink out, screen freezes, get frozen black screen with lines etc. I am really disappointed because I like ERS games. Yes I have contacted tech support everytime I try a new ERS game and nothing they suggest helps. Come on Big Fish something is definitely up with newer ERS games. To many of us are experiencing the same kind of problems.

[Post New]by floodyboots on Apr 28, 14 2:06 AM
johnnybirdmc wrote:I like this game very much. I have reinstalled this game twice, but when I get to the wheel on the wall the center wheel will not move. every thing else is in place but the center wheel will not match up. it will not move. I would like to finish this game. I don't want to start over from the beginning again.

[Post New]by littlefrisco on Jul 24, 14 10:41 PM
CIRCLE LOCK PUZZLE ON ESTELLE'S CLOSET DOOR: I've seen several posts relating to this, but no solutions. Has anyone found the fix for the puzzle pieces not all rotating (and no Skip option) ? Thanks!

[Post New]by number1tigger on Jul 29, 14 6:11 PM
I cant use Use MADELEINE’S MEDALLION in the chest lock (G). no matter WHAT i do, the medallion wont work!!! help!!!

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 7:53:49 PM PST

[Post New]by ngibsoncpc on Nov 30, 14 7:03 AM
I've gotten all the way to the sewing of the leather pouch, and the game just crashed on me. Now every time I go back into the game, it crashes as soon as I click on the sewing machine. I'm playing on my iPad. Has anyone else had this happen? And worse-- am I going to have to restart from the beginning???

Go to: